MAC By Request discussion

Jenrbelt

[COLOR=800080]THIS. When I was watching the stalking, I noticed that there were like 80+ registered people logged onto the MAC Chat Forums but 100s of guests as well. Just b/c we trust ourselves to buy reasonable amounts doesn't mean we can control all the lurkers. I mean, I stalked Specktra for LE collections for YEARS before I even created my account haha. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=800080]My thoughts exactly. I think they were fiddling around with the site and then BAM, it went "live" and everyone freaked out and overwhelmed the servers. They should have pulled the website down for an hour or so. It may not be practical but it's not unheard of. Apple does it and I know Nordstrom did it hours before the anniversary sale started. People started ordering before the 8/6 release and maybe we weren't meant to order an hour early. [/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]I can't even count the number of times I've ignored buying a perm edition item like a blush or lipglass and then RUSHED to buy it once I saw it in the "goodbyes" section. I take the perm items for granted and it's not until it become LE by ways of being on the way out that I pay attention to it. [/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]Feel better soon! [/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]I read this and got excited b/c I only noticed the first part of your sentence and went straight to the MAC site. Haha. Thought I got lucky and would be able to buy things w/o stalking. [/COLOR]
Maybe we need to speak in code, or start a PM chain so as not to alert the masses and evilbayers! :)

OhSoJaded

Maybe we need to speak in code, or start a PM chain so as not to alert the masses and evilbayers!
smiles.gif
Can you imagine how epic (and how large) the PM/text tree would be?!

Jenrbelt

Anneri - Sorry about your toe! But look on the bright side, had it been a finger, your makeup skills and your ability to hit the refresh button on the MAC site might have been affected! :)

Copperhead

I ordered my 1 CYY lippie on Sunday night along with most ladies here as soon as By Request went online and I'm just now getting a shipping confirmation #.

bis

And there's also the Olympics to watch! Hope you're better soon, Fiberluver! How long have you been stuck inside? I kinda like it right now (after some painkillers, lol!), but we'll see how I like it at the end of the week!
Hope you are feeling better soon and that the pain stays away!

jenntoz

Why don't we just close the forum to members only ?
because the truth is that most of those ebayers are members here & other forums, there is no way to know who sells on ebay. not too long ago a girl on here was talking about how she resells but its not a crazy huge profit & she & I got into an argument that it was so wrong of her but her point was that it was how she makes a living & she is a nice member of the community so she belongs here. anyhow it makes me rage when I see her pop in to add a comment in occasional threads cause I know she is just scouting to see what she should buy to take advantage of members here

mousygiggles

I would almost bet on one restock. They did with Bloggers eventually and now still apparently have crap tons left over. I think they did just make more of that one and the batch codes and quality of JW varied when they did that. Maybe they won't do that this time to preserve the hype. I still wonder how many they made. I mean was it the 1,000,000 lipstcks sold in 18 hours day for them or was it more like 200,00? My brain is spinning with questions like that.

Mac-Guy

I would almost bet on one restock. They did with Bloggers eventually and now still apparently have crap tons left over. I think they did just make more of that one and the batch codes and quality of JW varied when they did that. Maybe they won't do that this time to preserve the hype. I still wonder how many they made. I mean was it the 1,000,000 lipstcks sold in 18 hours day for them or was it more like 200,00? My brain is spinning with questions like that.
I think so too. Probably at a very random time. :)

OhSoJaded

I keep hoping that they know what they're doing and will stagger restocks but who knows?

I haven't ordered anything yet, but I'm trying not to get nervous about the e/s. I think the lippies were big winner in the collection...Hopefully, haha.

Dreaming Dancer

because the truth is that most of those ebayers are members here & other forums, there is no way to know who sells on ebay. not too long ago a girl on here was talking about how she resells but its not a crazy huge profit & she & I got into an argument that it was so wrong of her but her point was that it was how she makes a living & she is a nice member of the community so she belongs here. anyhow it makes me rage when I see her pop in to add a comment in occasional threads cause I know she is just scouting to see what she should buy to take advantage of members here
yeah i see your point there. I guess there is no way to stop it then.

Christy0188

I ordered my 1 CYY lippie on Sunday night along with most ladies here as soon as By Request went online and I'm just now getting a shipping confirmation #.
Me too! thou I have not received a confirmation by email... I checked this Morning on the MAC website and both of my orders have been Shipped
nanaparty.gif
YAY!!
th_DANCE.gif

CartoonChic

true, now that I think about it like the Mac guy said it is marketing strategy and it has to be. I mean people voted which I've never seen Mac do before and it's online only and still sells out it has to be a marketing strategy. Im up with a cold and summer colds suck lol.
Oh no, those are awful. The cold makes you hot and uncomfortable and the hot weather only makes it worse. Get well soon!
flower.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
well im guilty. i just signed up to specktra as of 5 min ago lol after stalking site for months for reviews and product releases. and i was also one stalking the mac website on sunday night. but i only purchased one thing which was one tube of candy yum yum... i repeat ONE (i missed it the first time).i was debating on whether to purchase a second yesterday but was too late.
But helloooo everyone. New member here! finally lol
Welcome to Specktra!

Latest posts