MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

cocodivatime

I am sooo late on this collection. I thought I would pass altogether and never looked back.....until last night. I went to look at a review of something on Colour Craft (I don't even remember which item) and 2 hours later I was still sifting through all the chatter and swatches.

Now I have a long list of items that I want.

I'm NC44 and Bare Escentuals Dark. Any recommendations?
specktra_rocks.gif

So far I'm wanting Sunny by Nature, Warm Blend, Cheecky Bronze, maybe Smooth Merge, Fad dabulous and one other blush that I forgot the color of. And if my counter still has the nude lippie Madly-something I will Back2mac for that one and buy the 131 brush too!

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime

specktra_rocks.gif

So far I'm wanting Sunny by Nature, Warm Blend, Cheecky Bronze, maybe Smooth Merge, Fad dabulous and one other blush that I forgot the color of. And if my counter still has the nude lippie Madly-something I will Back2mac for that one and buy the 131 brush too!

Hi, I'm NC30, so take my message with a grain of salt
cutey.gif

- Sunny by Nature: Beautiful, my favorite of the bunch, and the most matte. Try it on your skin to see how it will show on you. I've been using mine almost on a daily basis since I got it
heart.gif

- Warm Blend: It was a bit dark and glittery for my taste, but to be honest I didn't really give it a fair chance.

- Cheecky Bronze: Love it, not very special or unique but a beautiful highlight, I've also been using it alot since I got it.

- Smooth Merge: don't get it, it's a glitter bomb. When I use it lightly it doesn't show, when I add more it's a disco ball.

- Fad dabulous: I liked it, but it's soo close to Hot Planet which I own, so I skipped it (if it was less glittery I might've considered it, but I love bold eyes so I don't do glittery cheek).

- I don't know if you mean "Style Demon" but if you do it's another blush I liked but also very close to Merrily, a blush I love but very bold so I only wear on special occasions, so one is enough.

- Sorry I can't help you with the lipglasses, because I didn't check them, I just have too many and my OCD will not let me buy it because of the packaging
greengrin.gif

- #131: I also liked it, but I didn't feel that it can do anything that #187 & #188 can't! and It's expensive so I feel guilty about how much i'm spending, but if I month or so will pass without me buying MAC and I find it I might pick one up.

chickatthegym

^^ Here are my opinions on the stuff I have from CC that you mentioned
smiles.gif

I am a bit lighter than you (NW30) but I think that Madly Creative l/s looks great on everyone. It's a really pretty neautral and I actually passed on it at first too. I thought I had too many and it was so similar in the tube to all the ones I have. But it's a really really pretty color on! I love it! Super glas I bought it!

Warm blend is beautiful but I have to use a very light hand with the 188 or 187 with it. So on your skin, I bet it would be perfect. I love the 3 stripes- so versatile.

Smooth Merge is really pretty in the pan but a disappointment on. I bought it without testing or swatching and it was actually my first choice of the MSF's... UNTIL I tried it on. I don't really regret buying it because I can use the stripes seperately for highlighting, but together they are a "glitter bomb" like Liya said. I wouldn't recommend this one, but swatch it yourself, it may look better on you
winks.gif

I saw all the blushes in person and REALLY wanted a lot of them but since I bought all the MSF's and the MES's, the 109 brush and a lippie, I decided to pass. I wish I would have gotten Fad-a-bulous instead of Smooth Merge now though.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

sapnap

Quote:
I am sooo late on this collection. I thought I would pass altogether and never looked back.....until last night. I went to look at a review of something on Colour Craft (I don't even remember which item) and 2 hours later I was still sifting through all the chatter and swatches.

specktra_rocks.gif

I agree with both the recs above
smiles.gif
Sunny by Nature , Warm Blend and Cheeky bronze if u like it. choose one tht has the least glitter veinings on it if possible... blushes - u can skip them if u have Hot Planet (Fad dab) and Style Demon (Merrily, Intenso). Madly creative - hotness. I also LOVE Miss Marble (reg daily pink) and Eclectic Edge. Pretty Pattern is also cute for a beigey nude and looks great over Madly creative
smiles.gif

dreamer246

Quote:

Well I'm NC35, and here are my thoughts:

Sunny By Nature - It's alright, not my favorite, can look too brown on me. I usually layer a pinkish MSF over the top for sheen and also to lessen the brown color. Just my personal preference, I know lots of ladies like this one though!

Warm Blend - Not a fan of anything too brown/bronzy on my cheeks, so this one never caught my eye. It's supposed to be the bronzy sister of So Ceylon though, and I do love So Ceylon a lot.

Cheeky Bronze - LOVE this! Easily one of my favorite MSF/blush.
th_worship.gif
Great for neutral glowy cheeks.
love.gif
It might only be a highlighter on your skintone though.

Smooth Merge - Just your typical highlighter MSF, the warmer cousin of Blonde MSF. It looks pretty in the pan so I don't regret getting it.
cutey.gif

Fadabulous - Supposed to be similar to Hot Planet, which I already own, so I passed.

Madly Creative - Nothing special on my pigmented lips, so I passed.

#131 - Awesome brush! I really love this, I use it to apply blush/MSF.
thmbup.gif

cocodivatime

Thanks Liya, Chicka, Sapnap and Dreamer!!

So I went today and ended up Back2mac'ing for Madly Creative. I tried it on an it was ok. I think with the right lipgloss on top it would have been better. But I got it anyway since it was free and didnt want to regret it later
(any recomm. for gloss on top would be appreciated)

Also I bought Cheeky Bronze and Sunny by Nature MSFs. Sunny By Nature barely showed up on me but the MA convinced me that it would "look like my skin, only better...with a slight glow". So I bought it. ::gulp::

The cheeky bronze that I got has nearly no veining at all. So does this mean it will be less glittery?

I ordered Warm Blend. It should be in next week

I passed on Smooth Merge. When I swatched it I saw more glitter than color.

Bought the 181 brush. It was pricey but I didnt want to regret it later since I've read lots of raves on it

Lastly, I bought Fad dabulous but was not able to test it. Hope it works. I don't have Hot Planet for the record.

Oh and I tried on Style Demon but they were all out. I was mad because I liked it. I have Merrily too but on the swatch thread they don't appear to be the same?

I think that completes my purchases for this collection. I was late but was lucky enough to get everything I wanted except for Style Demon. I will probably order that one this week too because I liked the red cheek look. I rarely wear that look...except for maybe Ambering Rose but it wasnt the same.

I kinda want the darker mineralize eyeshadow quad. I forgot the name. But no one has it so oh well
th_dunno.gif

mac_haul.gif
mac_haul.gif
mac_haul.gif
mac_haul.gif
mac_haul.gif

dreamer246

Hope you enjoy your haul!
mac_haul.gif

I don't regret not getting Madly Creative despite all the raves though; just because a lot of people like it doesn't mean it will work on everyone.
winks.gif

My Cheeky Bronze has almost no veining too, I don't know if that makes it less glittery but mine has a nice sheen to it.
yes.gif

Darker e/s quad? Was it Assemblage or Natural Flare?
winks.gif

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246

Darker e/s quad? Was it Assemblage or Natural Flare?
winks.gif

I just double checked and it was Natural Flare. I like browns/neutrals, thats why I thought I might like that one.

cocodivatime

This just hit me. Sorry if this was asked before but is the NARS Mediteranee duo eyeshadow similar to 2 colors in the Natural Flare quad?

please say yes so I can make myself pass on it. LOL

chickatthegym

^Oh no, which MES? I don't want to enable you. I bought Eccentricity and Natural Flare mineral e/s quads even though everyone was hating on them LOL. I love them! I really do like Mineral everything! If you get a good base (I use NYX shadow pencils or UDPP or Smashbox primer) underneath they look amazing!

chickatthegym

Uh-o! Natural Flare is my fav. But I honestly dont think it's anything you can't live without. The colors are gorgeous. But I don't think it's a must, unless you really really like them. let me know if you want swatches of anything. But I am NW30 so it might be diff.

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
Uh-o! Natural Flare is my fav. But I honestly dont think it's anything you can't live without. The colors are gorgeous. But I don't think it's a must, unless you really really like them. let me know if you want swatches of anything. But I am NW30 so it might be diff.

thanks but I'm good on swatches. I was up late watching youtube looks on the collection. LOL. now i want Odd Bits too. :
sigh.gif
:

I'm wondering if I should take a chance and hold out for the CCOs.....but sometimes its a gamble. They may only get certain quads.

chickatthegym

It didn't sound like too many people liked the MES's and they usually do have a lot of them at the CCO's. But if you really want a particular one, it's usually not there LOL. At least that's my lucky anyway
winks.gif
I am still bummed my CCO never got Brunette or Redhead
ssad.gif

cocodivatime

Quote:
It didn't sound like too many people liked the MES's and they usually do have a lot of them at the CCO's. But if you really want a particular one, it's usually not there LOL. At least that's my lucky anyway
winks.gif
I am still bummed my CCO never got Brunette or Redhead
ssad.gif

OMG i know! My CCo never got any of the BBR msf's. I went looking for them after reading about it here on Specktra and nada! They had like 50 bazillion So Ceylons though.

chickatthegym

Quote:
OMG i know! My CCo never got any of the BBR msf's. I went looking for them after reading about it here on Specktra and nada! They had like 50 bazillion So Ceylons though.

LOl too funny! Mine had 20 million Gold Spills!

sapnap

^^Am not from the US but I read on LJ tht the Jersey CCo has REdheads
smiles.gif

Quote:
Thanks Liya, Chicka, Sapnap and Dreamer!!

So I went today and ended up Back2mac'ing for Madly Creative. I tried it on an it was ok. I think with the right lipgloss on top it would have been better. But I got it anyway since it was free and didnt want to regret it later
(any recomm. for gloss on top would be appreciated)

Also I bought Cheeky Bronze and Sunny by Nature MSFs. Sunny By Nature barely showed up on me but the MA convinced me that it would "look like my skin, only better...with a slight glow". So I bought it. ::gulp::

The cheeky bronze that I got has nearly no veining at all. So does this mean it will be less glittery?

I ordered Warm Blend. It should be in next week

I passed on Smooth Merge. When I swatched it I saw more glitter than color.

Bought the 181 brush. It was pricey but I didnt want to regret it later since I've read lots of raves on it

Lastly, I bought Fad dabulous but was not able to test it. Hope it works. I don't have Hot Planet for the record.

Oh and I tried on Style Demon but they were all out. I was mad because I liked it. I have Merrily too but on the swatch thread they don't appear to be the same?

I think that completes my purchases for this collection. I was late but was lucky enough to get everything I wanted except for Style Demon. I will probably order that one this week too because I liked the red cheek look. I rarely wear that look...except for maybe Ambering Rose but it wasnt the same.

I kinda want the darker mineralize eyeshadow quad. I forgot the name. But no one has it so oh well
th_dunno.gif

Sure u'll like ething u got! Cheeky Bronze is overtaking the other two MSFs as my fav!! the more i use it (the top layer shudve worn off by now), the more pigmented it seems, even on my NC 44 skin! in fact it gets too orangey sometimes but i LOVE it... SBN is quite a barely there MSF. but its great for day time, and pairs awesome with a pink blush ( I like Stark Naked with it) or even CHeeky Bronze..try using a lip balm and then Madly creative, with either clear gloss/pretty pattern or any sheer beigy/peachy gloss
smiles.gif
WARM blend is great as well!! haha sorry I love my CC MSFS's...I also happened to get Made with Love.. nice but not a must have... SD has a slightly pinker tone than Merrily does, but on the skin its not super different IMO.. save ur money and use it for STYLE BLACK!!

HTH!

cocodivatime

Quote:
I like underage, Mouthwatering or C-thru with Madly creative
smiles.gif

Thanks for the idea. I have C-thru so I'll try it with that. When I sampled the color at the store I tried it with Personal taste l/g and it looked too frosty.
I like the personal taste lipglass but not with Madly Creative. Too much frost action

chickatthegym

^ For sure about the frost! You can only have too much frost on your lips without going overboard lol. Let me know how the gloss works. I like it with a neutral or even a clear gloss. I use my lancome Juicy tube with it a lot, the clear one.