MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

AngelBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
The stickers on the Trios are very secure. I think the packaging looks great on those.

Anyone else?

I agree ... I have no beefs at all with the packaging of the trios ... realistically I have no beef with anyone period it is just annoying!

The lipglasses and lipsticks seem to have the biggest issue. I am seriously considering super-gluing the glasses stickers on.

BunnyBunnyBunny

I opened my gratis for this collection and the sticker on the lipglass is literally falling off, like, the middle is and was never stuck to the cap, and the compact's sticker has adhesive on the front of it so it like, caught some of the insert and has black specks from peeling the writing off of it! So crappy!!!!! Ugh!

I love how they like, enamalled over the eyeshadow compacts though. That's wonderful!

panther27

Damn stickers!
angry.gif

stv578

I started off saying I was gonna skip this collection except for Vericose Violet. But then got Hot Frost (as mentioned a few pages back).

Well... this collection slowly grew on me and I now also have Gladiola, Coral Polyp and Splendid l/g! I also considered the purple trio, but I'm staying strong!

The lipsticks are really bold imo, but they just look so pretty.

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Damn stickers!
angry.gif

I know, it just looks so tacky when they are falling off, I just hope it doesn't detract from the colors, because they really are nice colors. I didn't think I was going to get anything since I'm trying to wean off addiction status but Gladiola is quite an exceptional color.
thmbup.gif

beautymarkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
We both have the same taste. I agree that the packaging is hella cute and I'm quite apprehensive about matte lipsticks because they tend to dry out my already dry lips (yes, even with chapstick on
ssad.gif
). I haven't gotten Girl About Town yet, but I have Pink Nouveau and someone mentioned a few posts earlier that it's similar to Gladiola. Possum Nose Pink is also probably gonna be mine.
greengrin.gif

Redd l/l with Coral Polyp? That sounds like an interesting combo. Post some pics of it!
yes.gif

Right now I'm at home with the my fam. As soon as I get back into Austin though, I'm going to post it...when I swatched it at the counter it looked really good.

I loved the Possum Nose Pink, the other glosses kinda seem similar to other ones that are permanent staples or previously released LE's, well...that's just what I think. I actually have some Px ones that are similar to the other glosses, but they are all still pretty.

jdechant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I opened my gratis for this collection and the sticker on the lipglass is literally falling off, like, the middle is and was never stuck to the cap, and the compact's sticker has adhesive on the front of it so it like, caught some of the insert and has black specks from peeling the writing off of it! So crappy!!!!! Ugh!

I love how they like, enamalled over the eyeshadow compacts though. That's wonderful!

I've never personally purchased any MAC yet that had stickers on them...but couldn't you go over it with clear nail polish?? Has anyone tried this? Does it work or does it just look really tacky??
th_dunno.gif

gigglegirl

greengrin.gif
I'm so happy I was finally able to check this collection out! One trio (Wisteria) was sold out, but thats okay, they didn't woo me enough to drop the cash as there is hair next week!

Butttt considering my trip to the mufe counter was so disappointing (any shadows I wanted were sold out), I went to the MAC one, and so fell in love with Splendid! Coral awesomeness! So then I also added Possum Nose Pink to my purchases. I think they are awesome possum (lmao I'm so lame)

Is the polish really awesome? I'm on the fence; I don't have good luck with MAC polishes, but I quite like the colour.....I am torn!

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
What does it look like on you...do you get much color?

I like it because its a matte or near matte pink powder that I can use as subtle highlight on the cheeks, eye highlight (mulitask) or all around the face! No, not tooooo much color but I really really like it! I know people are not liking the over spray (me too actually) but the way I think about that is its a matte powder I'm buying and not a pretty overspray.
thmbup.gif

thelove4tequila

I'm with the rest of you girls, Gladiola is purdy! I got a few compliments on it last night. Love it! Now Coral Polyp is something that I will have to work with more. I love corals but they don't love me unfortunately.

LatinaRose

Damn, you guys are making me consider purchasing Gladiola at full price!! Even though I promised my self if its meant to be, I'll see it at a future warehouse sale. Should I get it?

AdlersMommy22

I got coral polyp and i LOVE it.. I think its going to look sooo amazing durring the summer... I pry wont rock it out until then though, as its VERY bright--but extreamly gorgeous!

and i love the little quote by damn edna- i think it was .. "there's always time for a M-A-C-over, possume!" SO FREAKING FUN!

LP_x

Grrr I agree about the freaking stickers!
angry.gif

I've ignored the sticker debate as I never had Fafi, and just didn't understand the fuss - why is a sticker so offensive? I understand now
angry.gif
I took Splendid out of the box for the first time and the edges of the sticker are coming off already. I haven't even swatched it yet, let alone worn it. It's so frustrating! I mean, they secured the stickers on the e/s trio, why not everything else too?

LP_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
I got coral polyp and i LOVE it.. I think its going to look sooo amazing durring the summer... I pry wont rock it out until then though, as its VERY bright--but extreamly gorgeous!

and i love the little quote by damn edna- i think it was .. "there's always time for a M-A-C-over, possume!" SO FREAKING FUN!

Yeah I loved the little quotes too! I had the MACover one and something about touch up and others will follow
lol.gif
Too cute. I'm going to do something with them, just not sure what.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_x
Grrr I agree about the freaking stickers!
angry.gif

I've ignored the sticker debate as I never had Fafi, and just didn't understand the fuss - why is a sticker so offensive? I understand now
angry.gif
I took Splendid out of the box for the first time and the edges of the sticker are coming off already. I haven't even swatched it yet, let alone worn it. It's so frustrating! I mean, they secured the stickers on the e/s trio, why not everything else too?

ssad.gif
thmbdn.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

So yesterday I decided to wear some Dame Edna. I wore the Wisteria trio on the eyes, and it looked very pretty, however, I had trouble getting Wisteria itself to show up (the robin's egg blue). I could build it, but once I started blending it washed out into a greyish pale blue. Disappointing. I'm sure I'll get it to work somehow! I love Fineshine and Divine Night though. Those are very pretty.

I wore Spectacle! on the cheeks. Jeez I don't know how to get these things to work! At least the Balloonacy High-Light powders had like, a fairly deep enough color once the overspray is done! These things just apply WHITE on me. I'm the lighter side of NW20 for reference. I stood like a foot away frm the mirror and layered and layered this stuff on. It really did give me the slightest barely-there hint of pink with a nice brighter look. However, when I stood closer to the mirror it looked ultra powdery and cakey and thick! When I just put a little it looks like nothing, and too much looks like heavy heavy makeup! I also dislike that I barely touch the powder with the brush and I have a fog forming! It's so fine that it explodes with too much friction!

Ugh, I'm just gonna like... never use it ever. I'm over it, won't try anymore!

elegant-one

Got my Possum Nose & Hot Frost lgs

Hot Frost is a pretty saucy pink, but I'm in love with PN! It is the prettiest dazzleglassy coral reddish pink on my lips ever!!! It even makes my lips look plumped up & very full. A new fave.

Winthrop44

For those unhappy with the stickers it's very easy to peel them off and then remove the remaining sticky stuff (and the even more annoying glitter) with rubbing alcohol. That's the first thing I did when my Splendid finally arrived today. And geesh! Whatever happened to MAC's fast shipping?