MAC Daphne Guinness Discussion

Dreaming Dancer

I do love Interior Life. It is a great quad for pale beauties, especially if you are NW10 - 20. It is a very sophisticated but subtle smokey eye for daytime.
I have to try your "Shroom under Stratus trick" tomorrow. Sounds lovely!

Re the bad reviews: I guess it boils down to taste (i.e. bold versus subtle colors and/or matte versus Veluxe Pearl finishes) and application/tools. I didn't experience any difficulties applying it. I agree that it does not apply as smoothly as a VP finish, but matte shades will always be drier. On the plus side, matte e/s are less likely to crease.
That is so true about matte shades being less likely to crease. I always feel like i get oily lids through out the day and my mattes always stay looking fresh and nice.

SatelliteDrmr

Wow. I've had Narcissus for about 24 hours, and I'm wearing the heck out of it!! You'd better believe I found myself a backup today!

liba

Wow. I've had Narcissus for about 24 hours, and I'm wearing the heck out of it!! You'd better believe I found myself a backup today!
I've said it before, but all you Narcissus girls need to get Just Wonderful l/p from TdF - it's absolutely the perfect lip pencil to wear underneath and it will make your Narcissus stay looking good longer without having to reapply. 'Might as well stretch it out, since other than backing up like crazy, I'm pretty doubtful that it's a color of c/s/g that's going to make a comeback in that exact shade again.

martiangurll

I've said it before, but all you Narcissus girls need to get Just Wonderful l/p from TdF - it's absolutely the perfect lip pencil to wear underneath and it will make your Narcissus stay looking good longer without having to reapply. 'Might as well stretch it out, since other than backing up like crazy, I'm pretty doubtful that it's a color of c/s/g that's going to make a comeback in that exact shade again.
that does it, I got backupitis from this thread to get a Narcissus BU and I am gonna get this l/p too. Who knows, Borrealis and Nebula could even creep onto my list.

SweetSarah

I just bought a back up of Narcissus. My first time ever backing a product up. I have officially become a Specktrette.
girlhaha.gif

liba

I know I broke down and got Endless Night n/p when I kept staring at my MA's manicure yesterday. It looks so much cooler on than it does in the bottle and much greyer, which I love!!

You're gonna go crazy when you get that lip pencil - seriously, considering all the mauve and plum lipsticks and glosses that MAC's been churning out, they honestly need to have it in their permanent range. My lips are quite pigmented, but it goes on very true to color without reading redder and doesn't add redness to the gloss or lipstick color, and yet it winds up looking very MLBB after you've been wearing it all day, rather than looking like you've got some unnatural shade sludged over your lips.

I really ought to just go to the TdF thread and finish up the ravings over these lip pencil colors that I started but didn't finish. Just Wonderful and the dark cool brown, Just My Type are seriously must have shades for gals who love purple and black/cool vampy colors, respectively.

ahoythere

Aurora is MUCH warmer than Sunnydaze. It is warmer than Coco as well, but on my eyes (vs just a swatch on the hand) it most closely resembles Coco. I have to go to work early tomorrow but I will swatch Aurora next to everything I can think of as soon as I get a chance. It is a gorgeous color, and STELLAR texture, but it is a different color than I was expecting for sure.....much less "taupe" than I normally go for. The good news (for me) is that it is a great base for Nebula which cools it down quickly!!!
th_star.gif

Lou, could you swatch it maybe together with Sunnydaze and Mauvement? I own the latter two and don't know if I need Aurora in my life (and overflowing MU storage) as well!

ahoythere

By the way....
Narcissus is freaking amazing. It is such a perfect color and actually dries down to the BEST MLBB color that I have ever seen. I started off by buying 2 and I swear by the end of tonight I will have bought two more. It is THAT good. And the formula of this cremesheen is different than others I have tried in the past, it has MUCH more staying power and pigmentation, so if you are like me and normally despise cremesheens, please give this one a go.

And Red Dwarf.......as soon as I tried it on I started singing "together at last...together forever" (from the musical Annie...y'all remember that song?), this lipstick is the MOST BEAUTIFUL plummy red and the PERFECT color for my neutral-cool skintone. HEAVEN. Going to Back Up town on this one too.

Azalea Blossom.....this is my 3rd time owning this blush and I think I am ready to finally love it. I used it with the 109 today so I could really smoosh that brush in there and get the pigmentation to work for me, and it helped. I think I had used the 129 in the past and there wasn't enough room in the pan to really grind it in, but with the 109 it worked nicely. ALso looks great with On a Mission BP from Style Warriors on the apple of cheeks.

Nebula.....definitely similar to Bloodline, but I do appreciate the silver shimmer, and so far it hasn't pulled blue on me like BLoodline occasionally does. Looks GREAT over Aurora!

Seasoned Plum....definitely purple. I need to check this out on my lips in the daylight, but it may be toooooooo purple, I may just stick to Up the Amp.

Just me and my
2cents.gif

martiangurll

I know I broke down and got Endless Night n/p when I kept staring at my MA's manicure yesterday. It looks so much cooler on than it does in the bottle and much greyer, which I love!!
You're gonna go crazy when you get that lip pencil - seriously, considering all the mauve and plum lipsticks and glosses that MAC's been churning out, they honestly need to have it in their permanent range. My lips are quite pigmented, but it goes on very true to color without reading redder and doesn't add redness to the gloss or lipstick color, and yet it winds up looking very MLBB after you've been wearing it all day, rather than looking like you've got some unnatural shade sludged over your lips.

I really ought to just go to the TdF thread and finish up the ravings over these lip pencil colors that I started but didn't finish. Just Wonderful and the dark cool brown, Just My Type are seriously must have shades for gals who love purple and black/cool vampy colors, respectively.
I have to admit I was eyeballing Just My Type. I would cruze it as the only lip color. I have been craving a nice, cool brown lippy. Not taupe, not brick, not terra cotta. Brown.

liba

It's about as brown as you're gonna get and a cool brown to boot, unlike the very dark brown Pro Longwear one, which was too warm for my taste. Seeds of Desire Mattene is very glam and not unflatteringly warm, but JMT is cooler still. I think it will read as near black on most people's lips (I won't open mine up to test on my mouth until I'm having a Dark Knight day/evening, but I do use it pretty often!)

LMD84

darn it! how stupid am i? i completely forgot to use aurora today - my beautiful new piggie is sat on my desk upset that i haven't played with her yet! :p

liba

darn it! how stupid am i? i completely forgot to use aurora today - my beautiful new piggie is sat on my desk upset that i haven't played with her yet! :p

Forsooth!!! :p

I've been using it almost every day, either all over or on the brow bone. LOVE IT!

Face2Mac

My first prolongwear is Red Dwarf and I cannot believe I slept on this lippie and formulation. Definitely going to get Seasoned Plum, now. I have enough purple in the arsenal but the feel of prolongwear on the lips is warranted a buy.

bstar

My first prolongwear is Red Dwarf and I cannot believe I slept on this lippie and formulation. Definitely going to get Seasoned Plum, now. I have enough purple in the arsenal but the feel of prolongwear on the lips is warranted a buy.
I got Approaching Storm and I love the formulation but find the shape of the lipstick makes it hard to apply.

ahoythere

Sorry about the upside-down thing........Here is Aurora compared to a bunch of other pigments, all swatched dry over Nars base on my pale skin (the inside of my arm is probably like nw10).
From left in the pic: Sunnydaze, Aurora, Coco, Subtle, Jigs & Jives, Mauvement. Hope that helps!

Anneri

Sorry about the upside-down thing........Here is Aurora compared to a bunch of other pigments, all swatched dry over Nars base on my pale skin (the inside of my arm is probably like nw10).
From left in the pic: Sunnydaze, Aurora, Coco, Subtle, Jigs & Jives, Mauvement. Hope that helps!

Thank you so very, very much for swatching all these!
th_hug.gif
And now I've to be sensible and tell myself that it is too similar to all SD and M that I don't need it - which is hard!
winks.gif

goodlight

"How does Aurora compare with Jigs & Jive pigment? They look so similar inside the bottles... " had been my original question, but I found a post above comparing the two and more! Sorry for the repeat question. Now I have to just decide on whether owning both is justifiable...
amuse.gif

Thia Winter

"How does Aurora compare with Jigs & Jive pigment? They look so similar inside the bottles... " had been my original question, but I found a post above comparing the two and more! Sorry for the repeat question. Now I have to just decide on whether owning both is justifiable...
amuse.gif

Owning both is always justifiable....hee hee!