MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

Luiza_T

mac_wishlist.gif

E/S:

* Louder Please,
* Sassy Grass,
* Shock A Holic,
* Going Bananas.

Not sure about the lipglasses... I'll wait and see.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiza_T
I just read this on Temptalia.com - here (it's an old post though):

"Going Bananas is a shimmery lemony yellow color; it’s very pretty, and it’s one of my favorite shadows. For those who have always wanted it, Bright Sunshine eyeshadow is part of the permament PRO line and is the same, if not better."

Do you agree with that? If yes, then I shouldn't worry about rushing to get Going Bananas...

that's not true. going bananas is at least 2 shades lighter than bright sunshine

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
that's just not true. going bananas is at least 2 shades lighter than bright sunshine

th_dunno.gif

LittleMaryJane

Eyeshadowsss
th_drool.gif

Going Bananas (mostly b/c of how everyone is talking about it)
Sassy Grass
Lime
Free to Be
And maybe Zingy
are on my list so far..

Face2Mac

wtff.gif
, This looks so awesome. it's the C-SHOCK collection on steroids. I love it.
Will be getting every color that I don't have, saving B2M is so worth it.

The lip products reminds me of OCC lip tars, of course, I am just guessing, but ev1 seems to love the lip tars, so I would love if MAC had a version.

Shadowy Lady

well, there are quite a bit of repromotes. I have most of them already...my list so far:

- Going Bananas
- Shock-a-holick
- So Bad l/g

Not a very expensive collection for me. But none of them are these days anyway

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I'm loving the look of the lipglasses, but why the new shape? Are they going to change all the lipglasses to this longer tube, or is this just a one time thing? I know it will drive the more OCD among us crazy.
winks.gif

th_crazy.gif
....I'm already freaking out about the new lipglass tube.

If I decide to get any I'll have to get enough to fill up a row evenly in my storage (so they can have their own "space").
lol.gif

I wonder if this is some kind of new lipglass formula or just a new tube? I'm really interested in swatches here, and won't make a list until we see some.

Lisianthus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I wonder if this is some kind of new lipglass formula or just a new tube? I'm really interested in swatches here, and won't make a list until we see some.

I had that thought as well because the tube is labelled as "Dare to Wear Lipglass" rather than just "Lipglass".

Someone at MAC must really love Free to Be. Isn't this the 3rd time we've seen it this year? This collection will probably be a skip for me.

purrtykitty

Agreed. Bright Sunshine is just that. Bright freaking yellow. Going Bananas is much lighter. I know I will get GB, and probably the purple one if it turns out to be a frost or VP. I might entertain a couple more colors if the textures prove to be phenomenal, but most of this collection will be a pass for me.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Agreed. Bright Sunshine is just that. Bright freaking yellow. Going Bananas is much lighter. I know I will get GB, and probably the purple one if it turns out to be a frost or VP. I might entertain a couple more colors if the textures prove to be phenomenal, but most of this collection will be a pass for me.

Same for me, I use the mattes as an excuse to skip them.

And I hope Face2MAC is wrong and that the Dare To Wear lipglasses are *not* like the lip tars. Because that would make them very pigmented and I am on a lipglass no-buy. Pigmented lipglasses would make that very hard.
So, sheer glosses for me please
yes.gif

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
, The lip products reminds me of OCC lip tars, of course, I am just guessing, but ev1 seems to love the lip tars, so I would love if MAC had a version.

Funny enough - they reminded me of Illamasqua's lipgloss
smiles.gif

Shock-A-Holic BETTER be MACs answer to MUFE #92! That would be incredible! I had Going Bananas but swapped it for a MSF I ended up hating
ssad.gif
I didn't keep my Chrome Yellow though - yellows don't seem to do it for me at all. I'd want it purely for the "HTF/Repromote" status - and thats the OLD Junkie!

So Bad and Ban This! sound awesome though! B2M it is!

BEA2LS

ahh.. going bannanas, i was thinking that i wanted a good yellow. is it bright at all? i love yellow but have not found a good yellow for the eyes, it usually goes too green or too orange (or too chalky)

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisianthus
I had that thought as well because the tube is labelled as "Dare to Wear Lipglass" rather than just "Lipglass".

Someone at MAC must really love Free to Be. Isn't this the 3rd time we've seen it this year? This collection will probably be a skip for me.

Yep, it's Deep Truth all over again but I think since that collection wasn't heavily promoted they are just trying to tell people that they have these colors available. I don't mind it, cuz at least it's fairly new, ya know.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I know I am sort of the opposite, but I actually breathe a sigh of relief when I see repromotes of things that I already have... it's a little easier on my wallet.

iagree.gif
my wallet is pleased when there are re-promotes!

i'm super excited for this collection! going bananas is an awesome shadow and i shall be getting one! my mini version in the manish palette is pretty much gone now! it's a pale lemon colour but really pigmented!

other colours that i want are -

shock-a-holic
crazy cool
sassy grass
ban this! gloss

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
Oh lord.....this collection has too much I want!! I'm glad I got a job now!! LOL

hee hee! you'll be asking for extra shifts before you know it!
tong.gif

Latest posts