MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

MAC_Fafinette14

If the glosses aren't in the packaging field with the dazzle/creme glosses (less product for a higher price) and are more like Illamasqua's Intense lipglosses or liquid lipsticks, I'd be interested in Ban This! and Bold & Brash.

bananarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Sounds like C Shock part 2!
drools.gif
yahoo.gif

so wierd!! I was just thinking last night I wish I would have been all about it when C-shock came out and was wanting another similar collection. Woo hoo!! I'm having all that aren't perm/pro. Not a gloss girl so probably passing on those.

monter

I think I'll be getting the shadows that aren't perm or pro as well. There's a pro store not far from me, so I'll just have to put those on a list to pick up gradually so it's not such a shock to my wallet to get them all at once.
lol.gif

Plus then I can get them in pans, too, which I prefer!

blusherie

I'm really excited to see what the difference is with these new glosses!!
yahoo.gif
I hope they are pigmented. I'll also be annoyed if there is less product in these than regular lipglasses!
angry.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I had Going Bananas before and sold it so it's tentatively on my list again... but I can't recall if it is at all similar to Crest the Wave? Can anyone that has both compare please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
can anyone tell me how similar going bananas is to crest the wave?

i love this collection already, this is going to be my favourite, i love normal shadows, not stupid MES... lol!

lol great minds think alike!

These swatches were posted by SuSana inside the Makeup Art Cosmetics swatches thread (#6). Aren't they beautiful?
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
Excuse the terrible chipped nailpolish!!!

L to R in both pics:

Going Bananas - Crest The Wave - Golden Lemon pigment

outside, no flash:

DSCN0381.jpg

DSCN0385.jpg

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
These swatches were posted by SuSana inside the Makeup Art Cosmetics swatches thread (#6). Aren't they beautiful?
yahoo.gif

Eeek, they are super close... I don't wear yellow enough to justify it. Must be why I sold it in the first place
lol.gif
I am thinking I can safely pass on it, along with the bright pink one because I don't wear pink alot on my eyes, and I have a few bright pinks from MAC and one from Sugarpill. See that, I just saved myself $29.
lol.gif

AudreyNicole

Oh, and I wanted to mention too, that Lime e/s has a great texture. Despite being matte, it has the same texture as the Matte2 e/s. Not at all chalky, super pigmented, and blends like a dream. Hopefully the new mattes will be like this one.

dearcupcake

Bold & Brash lipglass
So bad lipglass

Crazy Cool e/s
Going Bananas e/s
Sassy Grass e/s

trying to show some restraint here!
cutey.gif

Do you guys think this is just new packaging or a new lipgloss formula??

murflegirl

GOING BANANAS. I am excited for that since I missed out on C-Shock.
Will also try the new purple if it's pigmented enough (some MAC purples suck.)

Also--anyone know what the pricing for the Dare To Wear Lipglass is going to look like?

Visi

Ok, I'm out
greengrin.gif
I really don't ever wear bright colors, so I will skip this collection.

I'm kind of glad, it gives me more money to focus on other collections
lol.gif

TeresitaMC

I am only interested in the 2 purple eyeshadows - can't wait to see how they swatch and hopefully I am able to dupe them!

I'm also attracted to Going Bananas just cause I love pale yellow for a lot of things (i.e. clothes), but I'm not sure if I'd wear this colour on my eyes. But then, I did a search...and now I want it just so I can copy this look: Tutorial – Smokey Black Gold, Dramatic, using Goin’ Bananas, Goldmine, Carbon,.

I should look in my 88 palette to see if I have something similar though, since it's not something I would use often, if at all!
winks.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I wonder if this is some kind of new lipglass formula or just a new tube? I'm really interested in swatches here, and won't make a list until we see some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearcupcake
Do you guys think this is just new packaging or a new lipgloss formula??

this is a new formula. this is NOT new packaging for the regular lipglass.

SmokeSignal16

I will admit I am super bummed right now for no Starflash eyeshadows. This collection is a HUGE if for me because I'm not too big on mattes or really bright colors so I will wait to see swatches but nothing will kill me if I don't get anything. Oh well money saved is always a good thing lol.

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Oh, and I wanted to mention too, that Lime e/s has a great texture. Despite being matte, it has the same texture as the Matte2 e/s. Not at all chalky, super pigmented, and blends like a dream. Hopefully the new mattes will be like this one.

I agree Audrey. I love Lime e/s and the texture is easy to blend. I did not have such luck with Atlantic Blue e/s though. I just could not get it to work for me. It is such a pretty color but for me a lot of work. I have trouble with some mattes so maybe it just me.

Curly1908

I wonder what the new "Dare To Wear" lipglass formula is going to be like. It'd be cool if it was like a more pigmented version of Cremesheens.

caramel_geek

I just heard my wallet screamed and ran into hiding
icon_eek.gif

I was disappointed that this is not a Starflash collection... but it is hard to stay disappointed when there are so many bright and pretty colors
greengrin.gif

Current wishlist:
Aqua
Crazy Cool
Sassy Grass
Going Bananas
Lime
Sky Blue
Zingy

Susanne

Here is an old comparison pic of mine, made with Style Warriors last year. HTH!

Going Bananas, Chrome Yellow, Bright Future

DSC00970-1.jpg

And I found this one from Erin:

IMG_1486-1.jpg