MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

shontay07108

It really bothers me to see an FOTD with 5 or more eye colors. I like the end result, but I am not into working with all those different shades. Mostly, I use only 3 colors, sometimes 4. Just my preference.

I want Crazy Cool, Louder Please, and Going Bananas shadows. I already have several of the shadows including Winkle. I LOVE that shade. It's so pigmented and easy to work with.
Of the lipglasses, I want Ban This!, Bold and Brash, and maybe So Bad.

BEA2LS

on weekdays, I use about three.. a colored base, a highlighter (lash to brow) and a different color in my crease which i blend like crazy.. on the weekend the most i will do is like 4, sometimes five but not too often. i love seeing people who use all of those colors though!
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

meh, I go from 2 eyeshadows to like 10 depending on the look and my mood. I don't see anything wrong with either. I'm wearing 6 eyshadows and 2 liners today (and I'm at work). Yesterday I just wore a light wash of colour and liner...it's all good to me
smiles.gif

I wanna see swatches of lipglasses too!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
It really bothers me to see an FOTD with 5 or more eye colors. I like the end result, but I am not into working with all those different shades. Mostly, I use only 3 colors, sometimes 4. Just my preference.

I want Crazy Cool, Louder Please, and Going Bananas shadows. I already have several of the shadows including Winkle. I LOVE that shade. It's so pigmented and easy to work with.
Of the lipglasses, I want Ban This!, Bold and Brash, and maybe So Bad.

yeah... it's down to time issues too! if i can get the look by using half as many colours then i will do because i usually only have 20-25 mins to do my face in the morning!

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
I'm rather tempted by Going Bananas just because of the raves, but yellow is generally not a cute color on me. I can't imagine I'd get much use out of it.
th_dunno.gif

Yellow looks great paired with greens and golds like goldmine. Actually, yellow eyeshadow is the first eye-shadow color I ever tried when I was 7 years old at camp. I remember someone telling me that I look like sunshine. Perhaps that's why I want to get "bright sunshine" more than "going bananas", although that one describes me pretty well as well ahaha. I will have to compare them in person, It's too hard deciding such similar colors from pics.

LMD84

yes teals look stunning with yellow shadows!
smiles.gif
some of my fave looks are with golden lemon pigment and teal pigment!

spunky

MAC is really spoiling us this year! there's quite a bit from this one i like the look of, and the lipglasses... deary me they're briiiiiight! awesome!

liba

When it comes to eye shadow looks, especially super bright colors, I LOVE a one color look. A bright halo of green, blue or hot pink around the whole lid, under the eye and sweeping out a bit on the sides, without dark liner or even mascara, looks really modern to me, especially with bright lips.

abbyquack

Sadly I'm not seeing a lot that really stands out to me...Going Bananas of course, maybe Zingy and Shock-a-Holic, but that's about it..

The l/g are kinda odd too, there seems to be a lot of purples!

lilibat

The blues, purple & magenta shadows would be on my list except I don't wear shadows jjst pigments... I also don't do matte. Bright matte shadows make me look like I have finger paint on my face.

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
I just looked at the pictures for this collection. It should have been named
"I
heart.gif
the 80's". LOL I'm really happy though that there are so many shockingly bright colors! I just (a couple days ago) bleached my hair super platinum blonde and whacked it all off, so I think some crazy bright colors would complement this very well. Going bananas, I'm sure will fly off the shelves. I need some of those crazy bright lipglosses, Louder Please, Shock a holic, and going bananas.
cheerleader.gif

You are not kidding about the 80's - I've still got an eyeshadow duo from Decleor I got in Paris in the 80's which is hot pink and bright green EXACTLY like Louder Please and Sassy Grass. I'm seriously tempted to get those two since I get too afraid to use such an ancient eyeshadow on my eyes. 'Talk about keeping stuff for sentimental reasons!

Notorious19

Everything I want from this collection is Permanent or at the Pro Store which I live near, so I guess this is a skip unless I like one of the lipglosses.

QueenOfSnark

This is horrible, I want almost everything >_< And I thought I'd get a break for June and July until Fabulous Felines and Venomous Villains...*sigh*

El list so far:
Lipglasses: Ban This!, So Bad

Eyeshadows: Crazy Cool, Louder Please, Sassy Grass, Shock-a-Holic, Going Bananas, Lime, Sky Blue, Zingy

I have a bajillion purples, but Crazy Cool and Shock-a-holic don't look like anything I have. Aside from finish, I wonder how similar Lime and Sweet & Punchy from TTB are?

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfSnark
I have a bajillion purples, but Crazy Cool and Shock-a-holic don't look like anything I have. Aside from finish, I wonder how similar Lime and Sweet & Punchy from TTB are?

Sweet n Punchy is a lot more yellow, also they have totally different textures which makes them even more different. I would say Lime is more versatile

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Sweet n Punchy is a lot more yellow, also they have totally different textures which makes them even more different.

iagree.gif

*JJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108

me too. i often look at fotd and then scoll down to see which colors were used. if its more than 3 or 4 i usually don't bother. it's just too much work.
my looks are usually: lid color, outer v/crease color and highlight. that's it!

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
Where are the photos?
th_drool.gif

I see you found the collection
greengrin.gif
. There are product photos in the swatch section
greengrin.gif