MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

Luiza_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Here is an old comparison pic of mine, made with Style Warriors last year. HTH!

Going Bananas, Chrome Yellow, Bright Future

And I found this one from Erin:

Quote:
More pics here:

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f217/m...y-10-a-165414/

Thank you, Susanne. This helped me a lot. I'm definitely going for Going Bananas eyeshadow.

Susanne

I just found out I have 7 yellow e/s by MAC
blink.gif

Ok, they are perfect for summertime
sneaky.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Oh, and I wanted to mention too, that Lime e/s has a great texture. Despite being matte, it has the same texture as the Matte2 e/s. Not at all chalky, super pigmented, and blends like a dream. Hopefully the new mattes will be like this one.

thanks for mentioning this - i have always wanted lime but have been put off because it's a matte... i shall get it at some point now i know it's a good one!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
this is a new formula. this is NOT new packaging for the regular lipglass.

do you know what the new formula is like hun?

Quote:
blink.gif

sneaky.gif

you can never have enough bright colours Susanne!
thmbup.gif

larababyx

so excited for this collection :L i wonder what the face charts will look like ? maybe they might do something lady gaga style that would be cool (Y)
at the moment im thinking of getting
shock a holic
louder please
sky blue
zingy
going bananas !
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
I'm also attracted to Going Bananas just cause I love pale yellow for a lot of things (i.e. clothes), but I'm not sure if I'd wear this colour on my eyes. But then, I did a search...and now I want it just so I can copy this look: Tutorial – Smokey Black Gold, Dramatic, using Goin’ Bananas, Goldmine, Carbon,.

While the end result is quite pretty, I find the number of eyeshadows used excessive. 5 different goldy/yellow colors on the same eye at the same time?
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
this is a new formula. this is NOT new packaging for the regular lipglass.

Can you tell us more about the new formula Erin?

Liya2007

Quote:
I know I am sort of the opposite, but I actually breathe a sigh of relief when I see repromotes of things that I already have... it's a little easier on my wallet.

I feel the same way
tong.gif

Liya2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisianthus
Someone at MAC must really love Free to Be. Isn't this the 3rd time we've seen it this year? This collection will probably be a skip for me.

th_LMAO.gif

GlamQueen21

My list:

Aqua e/s
Lime e/s
Sky Blue e/s
Shock-A-Holic e/s
Going Bananas e/s
Sassy Grass e/s
Louder Please e/s
Zingy e/s
Crazy Cool e/s
Dare to Dare lipglass
So Bad lipglass

Shadowy Lady

I also wanted to share my thoughts on the texture/colour payoff of some of the Pro and repromote shades that I own:

- Aqua - gorgeous aqua shade but takes much work to show up. You will need a white or aqua base. This one is skippable me thinks but I have a tone of similar shades.
- Winkle - this is an amazing dusty blue shade. I find the colour payoff to be pretty good, better than typical mattes.
- Lime - this limey green has the best matte texture outta all my mattes by MAC. One of my fave MAC shades ever and perfect for the summer.
- Atlantic Blue - this one is ok. The shade is amazing but the payoff is not as good as Lime or Winkle. It's better than Aqua though. I still recommend it.

Quote:
Eeek, they are super close... I don't wear yellow enough to justify it. Must be why I sold it in the first place
lol.gif
I am thinking I can safely pass on it, along with the bright pink one because I don't wear pink alot on my eyes, and I have a few bright pinks from MAC and one from Sugarpill. See that, I just saved myself $29.
lol.gif

they are super close. I might not need Going Bananas then as I have Crest the Wave. I do love pale yellow on me though. Bright and medium yellows do not work for me but pale ones do.

I love pale yellow on cool and neutral skintones, I find it stands out more than on a warm toned person.

Quote:
blink.gif

sneaky.gif

I didn't even know they had ever made 7 yellows
tong.gif
I only have two: Bright Future and Crest the Wave. I also had MUFE #2 but just swapped it away as I never wore it
nonono.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Oh, and I wanted to mention too, that Lime e/s has a great texture. Despite being matte, it has the same texture as the Matte2 e/s. Not at all chalky, super pigmented, and blends like a dream. Hopefully the new mattes will be like this one.

Good to know (or bad, from a financial perspective). I keep looking at this one in the pro store, because it looks lovely. However, I'm really trying not to buy any more green or purple eyeshadows for the time being... I have a serious overload problem...

I don't recall- is Lime close to any other already existing colours? I can't think of one that looks like it offhand, but it's always possible I have a dupe.

sss215

going bananas looks good! i don't have anything like that.
as far as the rest, i think i'm good. so many permanents in this collection that i have looked at and passed on. not impressed. plus to me it seems like MUFE has colors and textures like this all the time. the shadows are so dupable... nothing new.

on another note, its nice to see details starting to pop up for fall collections. does that means VV info is not too far off? hope so!

marusia

I just looked at the pictures for this collection. It should have been named
"I
heart.gif
the 80's". LOL I'm really happy though that there are so many shockingly bright colors! I just (a couple days ago) bleached my hair super platinum blonde and whacked it all off, so I think some crazy bright colors would complement this very well. Going bananas, I'm sure will fly off the shelves. I need some of those crazy bright lipglosses, Louder Please, Shock a holic, and going bananas.
cheerleader.gif

Miss QQ

I have Bright Future and while I like it, I believe I will love Going Bananas more. So excited.

Rinstar

I already have Going Bananas and love it, but I'm debating about picking up another. Do I use it enough? IDK.... Also, I hate matte e/s. Too much work. So those are all a pass for me.
The new lip glass on the other hand, MINE!

aeroerin

New lipglass formula?! Damn, my wallet's crying again...

I'll have to check out all of the e/s in this collection once they release at my counter. I want to feel the textures first-hand so I can build my e/s collection with BRIGHTS! (I'm stuck in a neutral/bronze rut)

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred

I don't recall- is Lime close to any other already existing colours? I can't think of one that looks like it offhand, but it's always possible I have a dupe.

I have a 15 pan palette full of greens, and Lime is unique IMO. First and foremost, the finish. I don't think that MAC has ever made a matte green that is this shade. Compared to say lucky green, bitter, sweet and punchy, etc, it is MUCH less yellow. It is a true lime green. It is bright, but not overly so. I love it paired with Humid or Velvet Moss for a more wearable look.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
While the end result is quite pretty, I find the number of eyeshadows used excessive. 5 different goldy/yellow colors on the same eye at the same time?
th_dunno.gif

iagree.gif
i never use that many shadows on a look! the most i use is about 5-6 and that is only for special nights out. day to day i wear i stick to 3 or 4 max.