MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I think I'm getting all of the l/g minus the bronzey one. They look awesome, and I love that they're so opaque worn alone!

I'm waffling on the e/s now.
cry.gif

I love the swatches of Sassy Grass and Going Bananas, but will I wear them? I honestly have no idea. The purples keep looking less unique with more swatches so I'll have to think about them more and see if I can find dupes in my collection.

My lists and my questions look exactly the same. I love the pigmented glosses and try to get my list smaller
winks.gif

And as much as I like the swatches of the green eyeshadow, I am not sure if I would wear it enough
th_dunno.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
My lists and my questions look exactly the same. I love the pigmented glosses and try to get my list smaller
winks.gif

And as much as I like the swatches of the green eyeshadow, I am not sure if I would wear it enough
th_dunno.gif

I don't know if I will wear the green a lot either, but it is my dream green if I ever had one!

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I don't know if I will wear the green a lot either, but it is my dream green if I ever had one!

yes.gif
It really is, that's why it is still on my list.

LittleMaryJane

I want alllll of the dazzleglasses I think. I'm not even much of a gloss girl but these make me
th_drool.gif

I think the only shadows I'm going to get are Free to Be and Lime. I THINK. I like the blues too but I have so many blues...

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I want alllll of the dazzleglasses I think. I'm not even much of a gloss girl but these make me
th_drool.gif

There are no dazzleglasses in Dare to Wear
th_dunno.gif

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
There are no dazzleglasses in Dare to Wear
th_dunno.gif

Misspoke then.. The glosses, whatever they're called... I want them.

AudreyNicole

I may end up with only Sassy Grass... I wanted the purples, but I agree that they are not looking all that unique from the swatches. I have a vibrant purple from Sugarpill which looks similar, and I have used it once. I don't think I need Shock-a-holic after all. I love this collection, but with so many brights in my collection already, I have alot that are similar. Sassy Grass, though, is a must have for me
th_drool.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I may end up with only Sassy Grass... I wanted the purples, but I agree that they are not looking all that unique from the swatches. I have a vibrant purple from Sugarpill which looks similar, and I have used it once. I don't think I need Shock-a-holic after all. I love this collection, but with so many brights in my collection already, I have alot that are similar. Sassy Grass, though, is a must have for me
th_drool.gif

iagree.gif
and because i am not string willed the purples are coming home with me also!
tong.gif

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
My friend from college is an MA for MAC, and they are told not to talk about upcoming collections, to keep them really hush-hush. Like when I called her about 'in the groove', she was saying how they got this email about a really sweet fall collection "about villains" she said, that they couldn't talk about and were instructed to not let the word get out. haha. I told her that the word was already out and she laughed and was like "nevermind" on that.

As far as seeing collections before they launch, my Nordstrom counter back home in UT is great about having a little basket with the upcoming launch testers in it. They put it out maybe 1-2 weeks in advance and are pretty nice about letting anyone see it. Flaminbird, maybe try Nordstrom at Tyson's?
th_dunno.gif
Or the other Nordstrom in No.Va I can't remember the name off hand. I do agree they are very snotty there- I visit my parents there every year and it's always horrid going in there. But last time I was there they already had Warm & Cozy on display even though it was a week before the launch...

As for these new Zoffe swatches! Can I have one of everything please!! No but I definitely want Zingy, Goin' Bananas, and Sassy Grass e/s. Ban This! and Dare to Dear dtwlg are mine too!
yes.gif

Ok now that I've written a whole novel....
lol.gif

My counter did that but then they stopped. I think that was back under the first Manager and not the current Manager. It was always nice to see things before they came out.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
iagree.gif
and because i am not string willed the purples are coming home with me also!
tong.gif

Uh-huh.
yes.gif

I have also crossed Dare to Dare off my list. While it looks wearable, I don't think it is the right tone of pink for me unfortunately.
ssad.gif

So, looks like it will just be SG, the purples, Ban This!, and the red one.
th_DANCE.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Uh-huh. So, looks like it will just be SG, the purples, Ban This!, and the red one.
th_DANCE.gif

Add Going Bananas to that and that's my list too.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Add Going Bananas to that and that's my list too.

I should get Going Bananas.... I just don't know if I will use it.
th_dunno.gif

GlamQueen21

OK, I'm going to get rid of Aqua, Sky Blue and Lime e/s off of my list since it's permanent in the PRO line and I can either CP for them or just do a phone order. My list right now is:

Zingy e/s
Sassy Grass e/s
Going Bananas e/s
Shock-A-Holic e/s
Louder Please e/s
Crazy Cool e/s

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
I should get Going Bananas.... I just don't know if I will use it.
th_dunno.gif

C'mon... You'll never know if you don't buy it...

User38

Quote:
LOL. I am not impressed by Dare to Dare, and Gimme That! is pretty, but I think it can be duped. I think I'll get the purple + red.
thmbup.gif

Thanks! I guess I should get them only if I wear them. I forget that sometimes
blush-anim-cl.gif

Layla darlin -- these lgs are like no others I have ever seen.. and I have seen a lot from so many different companies.. I will use my testers (except the coppery one which makes me look jaundiced) -- and I am going to buy bu's for all the shades. they are really really amazing
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
C'mon... You'll never know if you don't buy it...

Okay- you convinced me.
greengrin.gif
we're list buddies now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
Layla darlin -- these lgs are like no others I have ever seen.. and I have seen a lot from so many different companies.. I will use my testers (except the coppery one which makes me look jaundiced) -- and I am going to buy bu's for all the shades. they are really really amazing
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
the Red one... is especially special
smiles.gif

I am still only set on the red and purple ones. i dont wear pink enough to justify the other two. this way, I can back them up.
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
OK, I'm going to get rid of Aqua, Sky Blue and Lime e/s off of my list since it's permanent in the PRO line and I can either CP for them or just do a phone order.

Yes, I will pass Sky Blue now as well - I can still get it later as a pro pan!

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Plus it would require some serious web stalking on MAC's part to figure out who a certain user on here is IRL (provided that the person stays reasonably anonymous). I'd say it would be a pretty serious invasion of privacy. So I think the threat of getting in trouble for posting on Specktra is more of a preventative measure, than anything they could actually carry out.

My guess is that it's actually good for MAC if info gets out beforehand. Lots of people become hooked on an item after seeing swatches of it. It's how the hypes are born, yes?
th_dunno.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
My guess is that it's actually good for MAC if info gets out beforehand. Lots of people become hooked on an item after seeing swatches of it. It's how the hypes are born, yes?
th_dunno.gif

Agree! Like I have said before, Specktra is where I get all my info. If I wasn't on here, I wouldn't buy half the MAC that I do.
yes.gif
When a product gets hyped on here, I know it's good, so I feel like I have to get it.