MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

Nicque

when exactly is this collection coming out 22nd or 29th, thanks in advance. (fingers crossed ) hoping it's the 29th because I need a small reprieve from ITG, A&G, and a few of the Digipops collection hauls.

Shadowy Lady

Ok, I've come to my senses and will only get two l/g and that's it! Prob the bright pink and the red ones. Pinks and reds are my most used shades so that just makes sense for me.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Plus it would require some serious web stalking on MAC's part to figure out who a certain user on here is IRL (provided that the person stays reasonably anonymous). I'd say it would be a pretty serious invasion of privacy. So I think the threat of getting in trouble for posting on Specktra is more of a preventative measure, than anything they could actually carry out.

sneaky.gif

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicque
when exactly is this collection coming out 22nd or 29th, thanks in advance. (fingers crossed ) hoping it's the 29th because I need a small reprieve from ITG, A&G, and a few of the Digipops collection hauls.

I'm pretty sure the collection comes out on the 29th -

PinkBasset

I had my eye on the red lipgloss, but I hate sticky glosses! It took me awhile to get used to Mac lipglasses because they felt more sticky to what I used before them (Clinique or Chanel for the most part). If these are stickier than lipglass/dazzleglass I might have to skip the beautiful red one.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
One of the MAs at my counter said that HAI is more intense than CC so all is not lost! Plus you could borrow your moms.

If HAI is more intense, I am all for it! And yes, I could borrow my mom's.
sneaky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i'm not fussed if the glosses are sticky really - as long as they are pigmented i am not caring!
smiles.gif
whoop whoop!
th_DANCE.gif

I'm right there with you, Lou!

peachsuns

Thank you so much for the gorgeous swatches, Shypo!
th_DANCE.gif
The lipglasses look pretty and pigmented!
th_drool.gif

I love to see
Bold & Brash - Bright red with multi-pearl
Gimme That! - Bright fuchsia pink with pink pearl
So Bad - Mid-tone coral orange with pink and gold pearl
ASAP.
choochoo.gif
And eyeshadows!
yes.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I had my eye on the red lipgloss, but I hate sticky glosses! It took me awhile to get used to Mac lipglasses because they felt more sticky to what I used before them (Clinique or Chanel for the most part). If these are stickier than lipglass/dazzleglass I might have to skip the beautiful red one.

Nothing will make me skip the red gloss *muawhawhahahaha*

Thanks a lot for the swatches, Shypo
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis

smiles.gif

I feel that way about the purple one.
lol.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
lol.gif

lol.gif
honestly, I am not sure if I can pull the purple one off. So I need to see this one on me first.

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset

Me too! I don't even use lipglass...

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis

smiles.gif

Quote:
lol.gif

I feel that way about all of them!
lol.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

Even the bronzey one is trying to creep onto my list now. I keep thinking it would be gorgeous in the Fall with warmer toned e/s and blush.

Me waiting for this collection =
th_crazy.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I feel that way about all of them!
lol.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

Even the bronzey one is trying to creep onto my list now. I keep thinking it would be gorgeous in the Fall with warmer toned e/s and blush.

Me waiting for this collection =
th_crazy.gif

You want a stick to keep it off the list?
winks.gif

And you're definitely not alone, I have not been this excited for gloss since ages
th_DANCE.gif

Shypo

I will post a look later today with So Bad - despite the sticky, these things are gorgeous on. I can't believe the opacity - I might end up caving.
tong.gif

LMD84

i found a pro pan of lime at the cco today - Audrey was right and it is a fab well behaved matte shadow! can't wait to wear it on my lid tommorow
smiles.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
lol.gif

I absolutely love the look of the purple one, but I keep reminding myself that I have Fab Frenzy s/g, Date Night d/g and Boys Go Crazy d/g already. I can't help but wonder if I've maxed out on purple glosses.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I absolutely love the look of the purple one, but I keep reminding myself that I have Fab Frenzy s/g, Date Night d/g and Boys Go Crazy d/g already. I can't help but wonder if I've maxed out on purple glosses.

My Boys Go Crazy is in the mail, but I am still getting Ban This! I don't think I will ever have too many purple anythings.
lol.gif

Shypo

Ok, so I'm not very happy with how this came out (look and photos) (and I don't think it's FOTD Forum-worthy) but I wanted you to see So Bad on me......

Eyes:
Brule
Mauvement pigment
Melon pigment
Crystal Avalanche
love.gif

Firecracker e/s
Dirty GPS to line

Cheeks:
The Perfect Cheek
Stereo Rose

Lips:
MUFE #18L l/l
So Bad DtW gloss

There are 2 things I have to say about this gloss:

1) It is very thick - it took several 'pumps' to cover my lips (and I have small lips!!
yes.gif
) It has little to no 'slip', which means that if you really like this sort of thing, you'll probably want to consider backups.

2) This color made my teeth look VERY yellow!
cry.gif
Yikes!! I'll be returning this one!

CIMG1474.jpg

CIMG1475.jpg

CIMG1476.jpg

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Shypo, So Bad looks lovely on you. You don't like it?
Did you buy any other colors?
th_cheerup.gif

iagree.gif
I think it looks really good- you can certainly pull it off better than I could.
thmbup.gif