MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Shypo, So Bad looks lovely on you. You don't like it?
Did you buy any other colors?
th_cheerup.gif

Thank you
th_hug.gif
- I'm planning to get Gimme That and maybe one or two others (Bold & Brash, Dare to Dare and Ban This!)....I may keep So Bad, but I need to try it again in better light - that yellow teeth thing is creeping me out!
throwup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabysOnFire
On my "definite" list:
Lipglass - Ban This!, Bold & Brash, Dare to Dare and Gimme That!
Eyeshadow - Going Bananas

On my "maybe" list:
Eyeshadow - Shock-a-holic, Crazy Cool, Sassy Grass (I seriously don't know how I'd even wear this color but it's so pretty... I welcome suggestions!)
Lipglass - So Bad... Thanks to Shypo
smiles.gif
I didn't pay much attention to it at first but I think it looks great on you!

Thank you too (and everyone else!)
blush-anim-cl.gif
- happy to enable in any way I can!
girlhaha.gif
We like the same colors!!!
friends.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Does anyone whose seen it have an opinion on how similar or dissimilar Gimme That! is to Just Add Colour from the Prep for Colour "collection" earlier this year? I have JAC and I really like it, but not sure if I need another.

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Does anyone whose seen it have an opinion on how similar or dissimilar Gimme That! is to Just Add Colour from the Prep for Colour "collection" earlier this year? I have JAC and I really like it, but not sure if I need another.

Hi Katred - JAC is VERY similar to GT - but without the 'dazzle' effect - the colors are almost identical. I will post a swatch tomorrow when I have better light that you can compare to the swatch forum swatches -

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiza_T
Why, Shadowy Lady?

I have no idea, I think I got waited for it too long or something
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Me too. I think i'm passing on this collection and digi pops.

Digi pop is def passable, I only got Hellraiser. This one I might pass or only get a couple of glosses. They look expensive for how much product u get

cbh02b

I think I have decided just on Dare to Dare and thats it...but I am a sucker for lipgloss...sigh....

shontay07108

I am so happy to report that I have cut my list. I just bought an incredible mufe shadow in #72 and it looks just like Zingy. I'm just getting Louder, Please and Sassy Grass shadows. As for glosses, I will get So Bad. I will skip the other ones b/c I have similar colors, but I'm flipping out over orange/coral lippies. Yay! Tons of money saved. And I'm sticking to it.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
Thanks! I wasnt sure because I heard some people could only get l/s with their B2M. I'll go to the counter near me then
greengrin.gif

you can only get a lipstick at counters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicque
when exactly is this collection coming out 22nd or 29th, thanks in advance. (fingers crossed ) hoping it's the 29th because I need a small reprieve from ITG, A&G, and a few of the Digipops collection hauls.

the 29th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetwater
are the dtw lipglasses the same price as the regular lip glasses?

no, they're $18.

Hendrix

For anyone who has Ban This: how obvious are the sparkles? In some swatch photos I've seen, they're suuuuper glittery, but in others, even in the light, I can barely see them at all.

maddiesmom

I think just Dare to Dare for me this time around. I shouldn't really get any more lip products EVER but since these are kind of *different* then I am allowed one, right?
graucho.gif

Although So Bad looks so pretty.....maybe I should just order one online when they come out and skip my trip to the counter completely so I am not tempted! (Although you girls/guys do a great job at the tempting on here as well
th_LMAO.gif
!)

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiesmom
I think just Dare to Dare for me this time around. I shouldn't really get any more lip products EVER but since these are kind of *different* then I am allowed one, right?
graucho.gif

Although So Bad looks so pretty.....maybe I should just order one online when they come out and skip my trip to the counter completely so I am not tempted! (Although you girls/guys do a great job at the tempting on here as well
th_LMAO.gif
!)

That's my logic
graucho.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulynicole
I'm not sure if this was asked already but what is the texture/finish of the lipglasses? I am super intrigued :)

it has been said by members that they are gel like, very opaque and also have irridescent glitters in them.
smiles.gif

LittleMaryJane

What if anything do you guys think will sell out right away? I can't decide if I want to order online to make sure I get everything I want or just go to the mall after work... With this collection I feel like I don't need to JUMP all over the stuff I want?

Shypo

I've revised my list significantly - I'm not getting any of the lipglasses - too hard for me to work with.

In terms of shadows, I'll get Lime, Crazy Cool and Shock-a-Holic. And maybe Zingy or Sassy Grass.

I'm sure that most of this collection will show up at CCOs in a few months.
yes.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Hi Katred - JAC is VERY similar to GT - but without the 'dazzle' effect - the colors are almost identical. I will post a swatch tomorrow when I have better light that you can compare to the swatch forum swatches -

YAY! That one comes off the list. I love JAC, but I don't need a dupe. And I think I'll pass on Crazy Cool as well to wait for Her Alter Image.

I'm down to Going Bananas, Ban This! (ooh... purply), maybe Brash & Bold (I already have Pure Vanity, which is a pretty opaque red, so depends on how cool I think the sparkle is), maybe Sassy Grass and/ or Shock-a-Holic, if I think they're different enough from what I have already that I'll actually use them.

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
I've revised my list significantly - I'm not getting any of the lipglasses - too hard for me to work with.

In terms of shadows, I'll get Lime, Crazy Cool and Shock-a-Holic. And maybe Zingy or Sassy Grass.

I'm sure that most of this collection will show up at CCOs in a few months.
yes.gif

Let's hope so!
thmbup.gif

Luiza_T

I think I'm going to cut two items off my list, and stick only wih the 3 eyeshadows. There are a few lipglasses that I didn't even open it yet, plus the ones I have opened but don't use that much, and the lipsticks...
ssad.gif

Latest posts