MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

lilinah

Actually, there's a whole forum here on Specktra for the upcoming Viva Glam Nicki with photos.
http://www.specktra.net/t/181357/mac-viva-glam-nicki-minaj-2013

The new color is a quite pale lavender. From photos it's hard to tell exactly if it's lavender pink or lavender blue, but i'm crossing my fingers for lavender blue, like one of the colors in the Spring Forecast 2013 palette.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by martiangurll
Maybe it is better for you to remain blissfully unaware of the ballz--it becomes an obsessive habit.

Naw, not obsessive or addictive... I only have 4 Méteorites
sigh.gif
... I keep lemming all the special Winter Holiday editions that come out each year, but they are rather $$$. And, as has been mentioned many places elsewhere, they all look rather similar once on the face: a subtle sheer glow, because it's a finishing powder, not a bright shiny highlighter. I got my first 3 on eBay - Mythic #01, the original mix of pastel colors; Pink Fresh #02; and Beige Chic #03.

Then I caved and got the summer edition this year - Guerlain Perles d'Azur Méteorites by Emilio Pucci - because it has teal ballz in it... well, and also cuz the box is so cool with its retro Pucci design in teal and violet... and the box is metal now, not cardboard (i think the box was cardboard because long ago every classy woman had a silver or enameled powder box on her dressing table into which she'd transfer her Méteorites - but it's not much the case these days). The azure balls are in there along with the more typical pearl, pink, gold, beige and bronze. You can't really see the teal on the face, it just balances the warmth of the other colors.

I also love the Guerlain Méteorites perfume which scents them - it's a very old-fashioned violet de parme - which suits the powder, since it was originally launched in 1929.

The Holiday Méteorites Perles du Dragon this year are pearl, gold, pink, plum, and rosewood... and $58 for something that will undoubtedly look like the other four i have once on the face, so i'm skipping... sigh...

MACina

Me too....that would be a dream
th_e2cloud9.gif

Actually, there's a whole forum here on Specktra for the upcoming Viva Glam Nicki with photos.
http://www.specktra.net/t/181357/mac-viva-glam-nicki-minaj-2013

The new color is a quite pale lavender. From photos it's hard to tell exactly if it's lavender pink or lavender blue, but i'm crossing my fingers for lavender blue, like one of the colors in the Spring Forecast 2013 palette.

BuickMackane

sigh.gif
... I keep lemming all the special Winter Holiday editions that come out each year, but they are rather $$$. And, as has been mentioned many places elsewhere, they all look rather similar once on the face: a subtle sheer glow, because it's a finishing powder, not a bright shiny highlighter. I got my first 3 on eBay - Mythic #01, the original mix of pastel colors; Pink Fresh #02; and Beige Chic #03.

Then I caved and got the summer edition this year - Guerlain Perles d'Azur Méteorites by Emilio Pucci - because it has teal ballz in it... well, and also cuz the box is so cool with its retro Pucci design in teal and violet... and the box is metal now, not cardboard (i think the box was cardboard because long ago every classy woman had a silver or enameled powder box on her dressing table into which she'd transfer her Méteorites - but it's not much the case these days). The azure balls are in there along with the more typical pearl, pink, gold, beige and bronze. You can't really see the teal on the face, it just balances the warmth of the other colors.

I also love the Guerlain Méteorites perfume which scents them - it's a very old-fashioned violet de parme - which suits the powder, since it was originally launched in 1929.

The Holiday Méteorites Perles du Dragon this year are pearl, gold, pink, plum, and rosewood... and $58 for something that will undoubtedly look like the other four i have once on the face, so i'm skipping... sigh...
I'm having a hard time finding Perles du Dragon and this is what I keep telling myself to make myself feel better. I'm so glad there's an element of truth to it!
lol.gif

Anitacska

This makes me laugh, no way it will sell, but the seller will still have to pay a rather large listing fee! Serves them right for being so greedy!

Pinkdollface

I saw this tonight and what makes it so bad is that this person is using my picture of my metal rock msf. I have this pic posted on makeupalley and they stole it!
Maybe you can send a complain about it to ebay? Hopefully they will then do something about this greedy person...

martiangurll

sigh.gif

thanks for that review. I have the Pucci one, well because its ballz and its Pucci, how to resist? But afraid to put the teal on my face until now. I really like the violet scent too, better not tell October Violet or she will really develop a lemming...

nickycee

Just put a pic I took on my MAC Store visit on the 22nd. The 4 concealer palettes are now available for purchase as perm (in Thailand). I think only the 2 light shades would suit Asians skintones most.

Prettypackages

sigh.gif

I remember in my early twenties when I was dying to wear makeup the ladies at Gurerlain were like, this is all you need. You have great skin. Ahhh those were the days... ;-) Never bought them again since though. I had a lipstick and a lip primer (that I still had until recently).

Mac-Guy

Just put a pic I took on my MAC Store visit on the 22nd. The 4 concealer palettes are now available for purchase as perm (in Thailand). I think only the 2 light shades would suit Asians skintones most.

We have a separate thread for the corrector palettes. Maybe you want to post the picture there too?
bouquet.gif