MAC Enchanted Eve / Magic Of The Night / Irresistibly Charming Holiday Collection (Oct 18, 2015)

leonah

haha it's all your gyms fault- you're absolved of any damage you do tomorrow!
exactly! I blame the gym all the time when I end up on sephora and mac way too often..
girlhaha.gif

Vandekamp

https://instagram.com/p/9kX8wOFT-J/
This lipstick looks different on just about everyone. I do agree with you that it favors Strong Woman but it also favors private party too. That is why I am desperately trying to get my hands on another private party.

CCKK

Okay, just ordered a BU of OD and wondering if many people have had luck with ordering this from Nordstroms on-line.

KGeezy

I just had a live chat with Nordies about my SoG which has yet to come. Apparently it's backordered til 11/5 mind you the original b/o date was 10/26
th_rolleye0014.gif

elegant-one

I will probably receive my GK & friends on Wednesday. Can't wait! What pushed me over the edge was wearing Personal Pick for the first time today. Holy crap it's beautiful
heart.gif
I'm seriously contemplating a BU but I shall resist!
cheerleader.gif
Personal Pick is so darn beautiful on
love.gif
I hope you love GK just as much.

CCKK

Craving the teal shadow but something has to give. (either this or OD bu wait for) I feel like I am on make-up overload. Just bought the three pigment sets ad 2 holiday Nars shadows today . Damn

poodle649

btw is it just me or isn't this packaging (the black ones from all the sets) not sturdy/great at all. I already have scratches on the lipgloss handles, on the lip liners etc. not sure if it's from my way home from the store (although I was being really careful) or it was like that before. really bad packaging even though it's cute! the metallic packaging from the magic of the night items seem to be sturdier and better. I'm starting to want the nude lip bag as well.. is the gloss really sheer?
I want the nude lip bag also! but I want the pencil more than the lipstick. is the nude gloss nice, does anybody know?
[COLOR=CC99FF]It was released before with Cult of Cherry, so you can google swatches.  It's pretty sheer with some shimmer, might give a slight pink tint to bare lips if your lips are light enough.[/COLOR] [COLOR=CC99FF]Edit:[/COLOR] http://iconosquare.com/p/1106079978978754869_234563279 http://iconosquare.com/p/1102460975112040118_228069650 [COLOR=CC99FF]Found these swatches of the nude lip bag.[/COLOR]
I have the nude lip bag and those swatches are great. The gloss is very sheer but gives a nice shimmer. I mainly got the bag for the lipstick with the Lipglass being a nice bonus. I have yet to use the liner.

montREALady

I did some comparison swatches with SoG yesterday. I thought it would be similar to something I had but nope. Closest may be BB Bronze Glow but that is slightly different and more metallic and shiny:

SleepingBeauty

So, my final haul for this collection consists of Oh, Darling, the Nude Lip Bag, and the Pink Lip Bag. I was lucky to get the Pink Lip Bag as it was the last one in my Douglas. I had actually ordered it online when the collection released last week and they shipped it to this Douglas but something went wrong and they returned my package just after two days of waiting for me to pick it up. I was never really interested in the Nude Bag but I swatched it and it looked really pretty. Creme Cup has been on my list for a long time and with a coupon code I only payed 35€ for one bag. If you add up the value of the products you save about 20€. That's a great deal which is rare for MAC but I won't complain. I missed out on Evening Rendezvous but the more swatches I see the more I think it's not my colour anyway. Seems pretty purple and I'm not that into that. The eyeshadows looked nice and sparkly but veeery glittery as I prefer more matte or shimmery looks but that much glitter and the dark colours are not for my everyday use. Shaft of Gold was pretty as well but I'm as pale as a ghost, so no Shaft of Gold for me. Oh, Darling is about as far as I can go with such a warm colour. I love it, though.

leonah

#teamgetallthelipbags haha! they are wonderful though ;) I'm soon going downtown to see if there is any nude lip bag still available

karlaedith

I was on the macys site looking for a jacket for my daughter and then i thought well if im only getting this i could check whats left from the mac holiday collection, nothing was standing out for me except evening revenzous, so i ordered it, its such a beautiful color and i dont have anything like it, at first was on the fence because this is matte and i have dry lips but i will make sure to mosturize well before applying and maybe wear some lip balm on top

Seven Of Nine

Damn!
sweatdrop.gif
Finally I bought too much from MAC Hoilday:
- Evening Rendezvous
- All Fired Up
- Essentials Brush Kit
- Eye Bag Plum
- Lip Bag Pink
- Oh, Darling
- Shaft of Gold
And now I have
ban2.gif
for MAC
sneaky.gif
nocomment.gif

Prettypackages

So here are some comparisons I promised.

It was almost too Sunny yesterday when I took these. The Sun was washing everything out.

But I took pics of
Magnetic appeal, SOG, Shape the Future, and Laura Mercier's Indiscrection.
I also took pics of
Double Definition, and Oh Darling. They aren't exact, but close enough if you already have DD.

And I took picks of
Tribulation, OH Darling, , and LM indiscretion.

I also took pics of Candy Yum Yum, Goodbye Kiss, and Pink Pigeon. As you can see they are in the same family, but not the same brightness or intensity.

tribulation, OD, and LM Indiscretion pics. Direct sunlight. Then in the shade.

Here is DD and Oh darling. swatched then buffed out. Oh darling looks a tad more yellow, but I probably don't need both. BUT DD is one of the MSF's that were two toned. This is the top half of DD.

Ok, the next batch are
LM Indiscretion, Magnetic Appeal, Shaft of Gold, Shape the Future (two toned), and LM Indiscretion. Shade, outside, and buffed out.
As you can see MA and SOG are similar, SOG is darker. Depends on what you want in your collex if you need it. I'm tired of having similar colors, so I really don't need SOG.

Vandekamp

Thanks for the swatches. Candy Yum Yum looks kinda light here. Pink Pigeon looks gorgeous here and I don't even like PP.

Prettypackages

Is it? It was taken at night, but even then, I try to make sure the shades are true to life. I'll redo them in the sun. If it comes back out. LOL
That's the OG candy yum yum too.