MAC Enchanted Eve / Magic Of The Night / Irresistibly Charming Holiday Collection (Oct 18, 2015)

montREALady

Thanks for the swatches. Candy Yum Yum looks kinda light here. Pink Pigeon looks gorgeous here and I don't even like PP.
I feel like I used to kill Pink Pigeon but as a lipglass...is that possible? Like in the 90's. Wait no, it's Pink Poodle I think
girlhaha.gif

BuickMackane

cheerleader.gif
Personal Pick is so darn beautiful on
love.gif
I hope you love GK just as much.
Aye, PP is everything
heart.gif

I looked through my stash last night to see if I could find dupes. The closest I could find was KvD Magick, but it pulled a bit warmer and has glitter in it. Check it out if you don't mind glitter in your lipsticks!

I missed the postie today so I will have to collect my GK from the post office tomorrow after work. Can't wait!
pompom.gif

Marsha Pomells

ITA and ER looks gorgeous on you! Were you able to get it on MAC UK or did you go with HoF/JL/Selfridge etc? I remember OD/SoG SO instantly over there
Got it from MAC UK. Both highlighters SO within and hour or so, there was a restock for one of them and then they were SO again. I'm gonna hold tight for another website (will not say which site, because of lurkers... Hi people ), might even head in store for a swatch and play around. Still need to go through my pigments, just found a highlighting one and yet to test them out properly.

elegant-one

Aye, PP is everything
heart.gif

I looked through my stash last night to see if I could find dupes. The closest I could find was KvD Magick, but it pulled a bit warmer and has glitter in it. Check it out if you don't mind glitter in your lipsticks!

I missed the postie today so I will have to collect my GK from the post office tomorrow after work. Can't wait!
pompom.gif
cheerleader.gif
It truly is
love.gif
Can't wait to hear what you think of GK

GreenEyedAllie

So here are some comparisons I promised.  It was almost too Sunny yesterday when I took these.  The Sun was washing everything out.  But I took pics of  Magnetic appeal, SOG, Shape the Future, and Laura Mercier's Indiscrection.  I also took pics of  Double Definition, and Oh Darling.  They aren't exact, but close enough if you already have DD.  And I took picks of  Tribulation, OH Darling, , and LM indiscretion.  I also took pics of Candy Yum Yum, Goodbye Kiss, and Pink Pigeon.   As you can see they are in the same family, but not the same brightness or intensity.   tribulation, OD, and LM Indiscretion pics.  Direct sunlight.  Then in the shade.   Here is DD and Oh darling.  swatched then buffed out. Oh darling looks a tad more yellow, but I probably don't need both. BUT DD is one of the MSF's that were two toned.  This is the top half of DD.  Ok, the next batch are LM Indiscretion, Magnetic Appeal, Shaft of Gold, Shape the Future (two toned), and LM Indiscretion.   Shade, outside, and buffed out.  As you can see MA and SOG are similar, SOG is darker.  Depends on what you want in your collex if you need it.  I'm tired of having similar colors, so I really don't need SOG. 
I love how GK looks on you! I'd snap it up if it was a single. Don't feel like paying for a bag just to get a lippie, though. I wouldn't use ANYTHING else.

Prettypackages

I couldn't resist the red lip bag after all the talk about it. Here are some swatches and comparisons. I also picked up two of the brush bags. They aren't the same quality as the full size, however I did my eye makeup with them today and wasn't disappointed. The 221se, is slimmer and fit into my hood a lot better than the regular 221.

SO the swatches in order are Stunner, Kinky, Red lip bag, Petite Red, and Relentlessy Red. I keep forgetting that I do not have All Fired Up, I gave it to my Mom. So I didn't compare it. I agree the REd lip bag has more raspberry in it. It is hard swatching reds, but to me, they are all different.

So yes, the lip swatches are sloppy. Top lip is red lip bag in all the pics with 1. Petite Red 2. Relentlessly Red 3. Stunner 4. Kinky

Stunner looks to be the closest, but it is a lot deeper, and also a different finish. If I wore all my reds for a month would anyone notice the difference? Enh, probably not. But I will. In these pics, I noticed that Kinky has a lot more orange than I realized. I don't typically like orange reds, but I like this one.

poodle649

So here are some comparisons I promised.  It was almost too Sunny yesterday when I took these.  The Sun was washing everything out.  But I took pics of  Magnetic appeal, SOG, Shape the Future, and Laura Mercier's Indiscrection.  I also took pics of  Double Definition, and Oh Darling.  They aren't exact, but close enough if you already have DD.  And I took picks of  Tribulation, OH Darling, , and LM indiscretion.  I also took pics of Candy Yum Yum, Goodbye Kiss, and Pink Pigeon.   As you can see they are in the same family, but not the same brightness or intensity.   tribulation, OD, and LM Indiscretion pics.  Direct sunlight.  Then in the shade.   Here is DD and Oh darling.  swatched then buffed out. Oh darling looks a tad more yellow, but I probably don't need both. BUT DD is one of the MSF's that were two toned.  This is the top half of DD.  Ok, the next batch are LM Indiscretion, Magnetic Appeal, Shaft of Gold, Shape the Future (two toned), and LM Indiscretion.   Shade, outside, and buffed out.  As you can see MA and SOG are similar, SOG is darker.  Depends on what you want in your collex if you need it.  I'm tired of having similar colors, so I really don't need SOG. 
You guys are making this pink lip bag harder and harder to resist...

Prettypackages

I love how GK looks on you! I'd snap it up if it was a single. Don't feel like paying for a bag just to get a lippie, though. I wouldn't use ANYTHING else.
thank you! That was my issue. I'm ignoring that for now, plus, I like the bag so it is kinda ok. but I don't need this gloss or liner.

Vandekamp

I couldn't resist the red lip bag after all the talk about it.  Here are some swatches and comparisons.  I also picked up two of the brush bags.  They aren't the same quality as the full size, however I did my eye makeup with them today and wasn't disappointed.  The 221se, is slimmer and fit into my hood a lot better than the regular 221.  SO the swatches in order are Stunner, Kinky, Red lip bag, Petite Red, and Relentlessy Red.  I keep forgetting that I do not have All Fired Up, I gave it to my Mom.  So I didn't compare it. I agree the REd lip bag has more raspberry in it.  It is hard swatching reds, but to me, they are all different.  So yes, the lip swatches are sloppy.  Top lip is red lip bag in all the pics with 1. Petite Red 2. Relentlessly Red 3. Stunner 4. Kinky  Stunner looks to be the closest, but it is a lot deeper, and also a different finish.  If I wore all my reds for a month would anyone notice the difference? Enh, probably not.  But I will. In these pics, I noticed that Kinky has a lot more orange than I realized.  I don't typically like orange reds, but I like this one. 
l Thanks for all of the beautiful red swatches. You definitely grabbed all of the most popular Mac reds.

Kaidan

I finally went to the mall to see the collection in person, lol. All of the pigments and lipsticks haven't sold out. I tried three of the pigments but they seem to have a lot of fallout if you don't use a primer. Moon is Blue was the prettiest followed by Tonight is the Night, and Ascent of Glamour imo. The Macy's MAC section still had Shaft of Gold, so I tried it on. Unfortunately it was too dark and bronze orange on me, but it did look really nice on other ladies though. The SA told me that Oh, Darling would've been a better match, but even the tester wasn't available so I never got to see it in person. The pink lip bag is so beautiful, but I'm literally 50/50 on it. Goodbye Kiss and Frozen Dream were beautiful but I didn't like Just Wonderful and the bag per say. It looked really cheap compared to the previous ones. I'll most likely buy it anyway and give away the bag and lip liner. I also checked out the Cool Face Kit and dammit, if only Feed the Senses and Cheek to Cheek were individual products instead of part of a kit things would sail smoothly. They really need to repromote FTS individually someday or asap.

leonah

got the nude lip bag today and must say that the lipgloss is really pretty, my fav of all the lipglosses I got with all the lip bags and lip + eye bags :) and boldly bare I've wanted for a long time but it's always sold out here so why not in a cute packaging ;) I'm happy I got it after all!

TommyCJC

Got my goodies from this collection the other day, still contemplating on the red lip bag. Wearing Goodnight Kiss and Just Wonderful from the pink lip bag today. Love them, they aren't like anything in collection so I'm happy.
726a78c3_DSC_0488.jpeg
7878cd5f_DSC_0475.jpeg
6f2ac967_DSC_0456.jpeg

powderprincess

After all of the Oh Darling hype I had to track one down even though I already own whisper of guilt. I found one on Craigslist for slightly over retail. I'm glad I tracked it down because it blends out beautifully on NC25 skin. Swatched side by side OD is more yellow gold and WoG is more of a beige toned gold. They are definitely not dupes, but both a beautiful. I still need to see if I can tell a big difference when they are worn.

lipstickaddict

Got my goodies from this collection the other day, still contemplating on the red lip bag. Wearing Goodnight Kiss and Just Wonderful from the pink lip bag today. Love them, they aren't like anything in collection so I'm happy.
726a78c3_DSC_0488.jpeg
7878cd5f_DSC_0475.jpeg
6f2ac967_DSC_0456.jpeg
Absolutely GORGEOUS on you! I love this entire look!!!! Perfect!

Prettypackages

After all of the Oh Darling hype I had to track one down even though I already own whisper of guilt. I found one on Craigslist for slightly over retail. I'm glad I tracked it down because it blends out beautifully on NC25 skin. Swatched side by side OD is more yellow gold and WoG is more of a beige toned gold. They are definitely not dupes, but both a beautiful. I still need to see if I can tell a big difference when they are worn.
let us know if you see a difference worn.

Latest posts