MAC Extra Dimension discussion

Mac-Guy

Spoken like the enabling king that he is!
anyone on Team 3 for the EDSF??? Justify for me, I am on Team 2, but thinking of crossing over by adding Glorify...too coppery for NW20?
I'm NW20 too, just saying....
peace2.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I have Modern Pewter eye shadow and can't get it to stay on my eyes. I use a primer and within an hour it creases and within 3 hours it's completely gone. Anyone else have this problem? Do you have to pack it on to see it? I really want to love this shadow!

Not sure about this in particular, but I do find that with powder products that are prone to creasing, it helps to apply the colour in sheer layers to build it up. HTH.

NessaMBaby

Quote: Originally Posted by Mac-Guy

The question is: will you later regret it, if you don't purchase it? If there is no potential for regrets, then happily skip it.

Quote: Originally Posted by MrsB

Spoken like a true MAC sage!

Spoken like the enabling king that he is!

anyone on Team 3 for the EDSF??? Justify for me, I am on Team 2, but thinking of crossing over by adding Glorify...too coppery for NW20?
. I just joined the team. =-) just ordered Glorify on Sat. I have the other 2,plus back-ups of Superb and WOG. Loved the formula ,even more than my beloved Msfs,candlelight & perfect topping are in the back of my drawer for now,with my Naked you msf,(which is a lil too glittery for me).

lilinah

Well, last time i looked on the MAC site, a bunch of stuff was sold out, but i just looked and they've restocked everything...

powderprincess

I have been testing these shadows out the past couple of days and I find the staying power is awful. I have used them wet and over primer and they fade after hours. I never have this problem with other shadows and I don't have oily lids. The colors are really gorgeous, but I'm having a hard time justifying not returning them. I might try them over pixie epoxy, but for $20 a shadow I shouldn't have to. I had such high expectations for these and I'm disappointed. How are these shadows holding up for everyone else?

rosieposie75

I have been testing these shadows out the past couple of days and I find the staying power is awful. I have used them wet and over primer and they fade after hours. I never have this problem with other shadows and I don't have oily lids. The colors are really gorgeous, but I'm having a hard time justifying not returning them. I might try them over pixie epoxy, but for $20 a shadow I shouldn't have to. I had such high expectations for these and I'm disappointed. How are these shadows holding up for everyone else?

I haven't really had any problems with mine fading or creasing during the day. I applied Sweet Heat this morning at around 8AM and it is still going strong for me now at almost 11PM. It is definitely a little faded but nothing too noticeable. I used mine over too faced shadow insurance and I have pretty normal lids, not too oily or anything. That's too bad that they are giving you trouble :(

SweetSarah

I have had BO and GG on since 10am and I worked all day and just ran 3 miles and no fading. I have it on over Painterly.

MACcrazy

Sorry it's not holding up for you :( I have used them wet and dry over paint pots and they've been holding strong for me. I hope that the pixie epoxy works for you as these are really great colors.

lmcmullen

Aaaahhh.... someone stop me. I'm thinking of going back for four more, ones that I didn't get (Havana, Sweet Heat, Rich Core, Lunar). The only one I'm not pondering is Dark Dare.

Swirlgirl

I am also not loving the Extra Dimension eye shadows.
I've tried these over UDPP, TFSI, Painterly and even a Big Bounce eye shadow but they just are not holding up as well as I would like. Besides the fading over the course of 3-6 hours(not good for me, since I need my makeup to last a good 10-12 hours with minimal touch-ups), they don't seem all that special or extra-dimension-y once they are on they eyes. Maybe I didn't try the right colors (Modern Pewtar, Rich Core and Havana)?
They swatch beautifully, but in terms of actual performance, I'm just not sold on them. I think MAC can do better (and has done better - - the Peacocky shadows were divine and MAC has really stepped it up with the MES lately). I'm glad I am not the only one who is not liking these.

The skin finishes on the other hand, I love. I have Supurb and Glorify and they are lovely. And both look good on my NW 18-20-ish skin. Not sure why I couldn't get the shadows to work for me. I rarely have issues with eye shadow.

Prettypackages

So far, I'm not impressed with Havana and Sweet Heat. They don't look that special on. Perhaps, I'm using the wrong brush? I've used the 239 (white flat shader). They also don't last long for me either.

lifesentropy

Just as a head's up:

Maccosmetics.com has WOG and Glorify in stock right now.
For Superb, I picked this up 5 minutes ago from Nordstrom (free shipping + don't forget ebate's 5% cash back) which also has all of them in stock.

Hope this helped! :)

lmcmullen

I was tinkering with some of these shadows this AM and found that Young Venus and Daylight (from Naturally) look very similiar when applied to my eyelids. Daylight might be a touch more lavender, YV may be a tad lighter.

And since I'm debating about going back for Sweet Heat I tried Superb on one eyelid (since Superb is supposedly very close to Sweet Heat) and then put Summer Haze (also from Naturally) on my other eye. Those two look very similiar as well.

Mac-Guy

I was tinkering with some of these shadows this AM and found that Young Venus and Daylight (from Naturally) look very similiar when applied to my eyelids. Daylight might be a touch more lavender, YV may be a tad lighter.

And since I'm debating about going back for Sweet Heat I tried Superb on one eyelid (since Superb is supposedly very close to Sweet Heat) and then put Summer Haze (also from Naturally) on my other eye. Those two look very similiar as well.

Summer Haze and Superb are somewhat similiar, but I found the former one more glittery whereas the latter is more metallic. But they are in the same family, it's just a different finish. I probably prefer the ED e/s over the MES.

Did you notice any difference in how long they wear on you?

lmcmullen

Mac-guy, no - I didn't leave them on long, was just checking the colors.

The MES tend to make my eyes itch a bit, I can't wear them on consecutive days.
I haven't had that problem with the ED e/s, though the only one I've really been wearing the heck out of so far is Modern Pewter, which doesn't bother my eyes at all.

Just in terms of pigmentation I like the ED ones better so far too. The MES are pretty in the pan but using them always seems to be a bit of a battle LOL.