MAC Extra Dimension discussion

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by BuickMackane
I'm eyeing Blue Orbit and Lunar, but I'm not sure if they're worth getting. I already have Cornflower piggie which looks quite similar to Blue Orbit (perhaps a tad more purple).

I have Blue Orbit. It is a chameleon. It looks cornflower in the pan, but it has purple duochrome and, on me at least, it changes to a lilac-blue after it's on about 20 min. without a primer. With a primer the color is more stable, but still has that purple duochrome, so its color changes depending on the light and how you move your face. And it has that special shimmery depth of color that all ED e/s have.

liba

I have Blue Orbit. It is a chameleon. It looks cornflower in the pan, but it has purple duochrome and, on me at least, it changes to a lilac-blue after it's on about 20 min. without a primer. With a primer the color is more stable, but still has that purple duochrome, so its color changes depending on the light and how you move your face. And it has that special shimmery depth of color that all ED e/s have.
Blue Orbit turned out to be one of my top favorite EDES too. I can't always wear pale blues, but this one has just enough multidimensional color that it works. It's very feminine and romantic - I wear it with my most girly clothes.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTT
I also tried a duo fibre brush for Whisper of Gilt EDSF, but it didn't seem to pick up much product. I feel like these products are too fancy for me.
sigh.gif

I have and love the MAC 188 small duo fibre brush which i use for blushes - especially those that are strongly colored, since i generally want my blush to be sheer - and highlighters - because i do not want to have too much shimmer in too many places - and bronzers/contour colors - because i want a soft but controlled wash of color exactly where i want it.

However, my beloved 188 was a bit too... i dunno... loose, perhaps, or soft, to work with the ED SFs. It was hard to get a noticeable amount of color on my cheeks. I like my cheek color subtle, but with this brush the ED SF was pretty much invisible.

So I bought the MAC 130 brush. This brush has the same kinds of fibers as the 188 and larger 187, but they are shorter and more densely packed. I use it with ED SFs and with the Casual Colour creme blushes -- washing well after using with creme blush, of course! The flat denser head picks up enough color to be noticeable without putting product over too large an area.

There may be other brushes good for the ED SFs, but my face brush collection is somewhat limited, so i can't make more suggestions. I'm sure other Specktralites will have other ideas.

I think ultimately it's not so much that the ED SFs are too fancy, as much as it is about finding the right tool for the job
amuse.gif

MissTT

I have and love the MAC 188 small duo fibre brush which i use for blushes - especially those that are strongly colored, since i generally want my blush to be sheer - and highlighters - because i do not want to have too much shimmer in too many places - and bronzers/contour colors - because i want a soft but controlled wash of color exactly where i want it.

However, my beloved 188 was a bit too... i dunno... loose, perhaps, or soft, to work with the ED SFs. It was hard to get a noticeable amount of color on my cheeks. I like my cheek color subtle, but with this brush the ED SF was pretty much invisible.

So I bought the MAC 130 brush. This brush has the same kinds of fibers as the 188 and larger 187, but they are shorter and more densely packed. I use it with ED SFs and with the Casual Colour creme blushes -- washing well after using with creme blush, of course! The flat denser head picks up enough color to be noticeable without putting product over too large an area.

There may be other brushes good for the ED SFs, but my face brush collection is somewhat limited, so i can't make more suggestions. I'm sure other Specktralites will have other ideas.

I think ultimately it's not so much that the ED SFs are too fancy, as much as it is about finding the right tool for the job
amuse.gif
Thank you, thank you! I actually used the 130SE, but I was nervous and putting on my daughter just to try so I used a very light hand. I need to actually try it and I'll bet it will show up better. I'm really silly with makeup and get scared and nervous about messing up. I didn't want her to have to redo her face if it looked bad since we were headed out of the house.

BuickMackane

buick get blue orbit. i regret not getting it. i may even ask you for a cp.
I placed an order for both yesterday. I should get them on Friday
pompom.gif

Douglas.nl is EDES galore. Young Venus disappeared a looong time ago (before I came to my senses) and Sweet Heat was around until fairly recently (no biggie because I never cared for it to begin with). The others are still there. Have a look and see if there are any others that catch your eye :)

liba

Dang you guys now I am lemming Blue Orbit...
It's not quite the same thing, but you are going to go bananas for the light blue Pressed Pigment coming up. It's not cornflower like Blue Orbit, but it does have the most gorgeous blue iridescent highlight over a sheer, white base. All the things you could do with Blue Orbit, you'll be totally able to do with the PP, plus more!

MACina

th_drool.gif
.....stunning!!!

liba...you are making me more and more impatient LOL

I can not wait for the PPs anymore
blush-anim-cl.gif

It's not quite the same thing, but you are going to go bananas for the light blue Pressed Pigment coming up. It's not cornflower like Blue Orbit, but it does have the most gorgeous blue iridescent highlight over a sheer, white base. All the things you could do with Blue Orbit, you'll be totally able to do with the PP, plus more!

MACFeen313

so happy a new extra dimension collection is coming out I missed out on the highlighters I was so bummed so hopefully I can pick up some great ones this time around
th_thstars.gif

MissTT

The newest collect came up last night. You're in the older thread unfortunately. Hopefully nothing is sold out yet and you get your goodies.

Latest posts