MAC Extra Dimension discussion

Prettypackages

Because the new tri-blend formula is my favorite new product this year, I have the Lancome version of in 001 Moonlight Rose swatched next to the MAC EDS's in Whisper of Guilt and Superb. ;)

http://www.warpaintandunicorns.com/2012/09/lancome-midnight-roses-fall-2012-colour.html
And yes they the same product with minor differences (just slightly finer milled particles) and a new shade.
new what formula? LOL What is triblend?

AniBEE

The base of all the product are referred to as a tri-blend formula, Powder/Gel/Cream or some verbal variation of that. In other words but yes the same formula used in all of these products from different brands coming out from Italy with very minor differences in the ingredient list for the face products and shadows.

I'll list the key ingredients tonight in all these product to look out for when spotting the formulation, for online reference because in person they all behave the same. lol I just say the this will not become a niche product very soon but so far MAC has the best bang for your buck.

I just want more colour options!
sigh.gif

Prettypackages

The base of all the product are referred to as a tri-blend formula, Powder/Gel/Cream or some verbal variation of that. In other words but yes the same formula used in all of these products from different brands coming out from Italy with very minor differences in the ingredient list for the face products and shadows.

I'll list the key ingredients tonight in all these product to look out for when spotting the formulation, for online reference because in person they all behave the same. lol I just say the this will not become a niche product very soon but so far MAC has the best bang for your buck.

I just want more colour options!
sigh.gif
I see. So more lines will be coming out with products with finishes like Extra dimension. I love the options!!! Thanks for explaining!

powderprincess

I recently got the Mac 215 brush and tried it with the ED shadows. They work fantastic together. I got better pigmentation and no fall out.

Prettypackages

I thought the blue looked a bit turquoisey - I really hope it is as I'd LOVE a turquoise EDES!
same here.

The two in the middle in the top row look like repromotes.
The first one in the bottom row and the last two look like repromotes.
If the first one is a gold and not sweet heat, I will get it, along with the turquoise. If the first one on the bottom is Young Venus, I'll get it again, since I gave mine away.

Genn

same here.
The two in the middle in the top row look like repromotes.
The first one in the bottom row and the last two look like repromotes.
If the first one is a gold and not sweet heat, I will get it, along with the turquoise. If the first one on the bottom is Young Venus, I'll get it again, since I gave mine away.
I'm thinking the same thing. The gold, blue and pink must be new. I was kind of hoping the one that looked like young venus would be a oyster color but I think its young venus.

martiangurll

Because the new tri-blend formula is my favorite new product this year, I have the Lancome version of in 001 Moonlight Rose swatched next to the MAC EDS's in Whisper of Guilt and Superb. ;)

http://www.warpaintandunicorns.com/2012/09/lancome-midnight-roses-fall-2012-colour.html
And yes they the same product with minor differences (just slightly finer milled particles) and a new shade.
That lancome powder is really pretty and the rose imprint is quite cute as well. I would love to see an EDES in mother of pearl colors (pink/opal/green shift)

AniBEE

I should say if an white gold shade came out as a skinfinish I still use it for both shadow and highlighter. lol

Audrey C

With the new higher prices (for a smaller quantity) of the EDES, I went back and picked up Rich Core and Modern Pewter this week. I had major skipper's remorse over passing on MP (what was I thinking - I LOVE this kind of shade) so I was thrilled to find one on eBay for less than a dollar over Canadian list price. Rich Core (and a bunch of the others including Young Venus that I considered but didn't buy) are still on the Canadian site for anyone who might want to stock up on the larger sizes while you still can.

ainelson86

With the new higher prices (for a smaller quantity) of the EDES, I went back and picked up Rich Core and Modern Pewter this week. I had major skipper's remorse over passing on MP (what was I thinking - I LOVE this kind of shade) so I was thrilled to find one on eBay for less than a dollar over Canadian list price. Rich Core (and a bunch of the others including Young Venus that I considered but didn't buy) are still on the Canadian site for anyone who might want to stock up on the larger sizes while you still can.
how do you order from the canadian site?

BuickMackane

Douglas.nl still has most of the EDES and I'm wondering if I should pick some up before they disappear. I already have Modern Pewter, Warm Thunder, Rich Core and Grand Galaxy. I'm eyeing Blue Orbit and Lunar, but I'm not sure if they're worth getting. I already have Cornflower piggie which looks quite similar to Blue Orbit (perhaps a tad more purple). Lunar looks fabulous, rich and shimmery in some swatches and a bog standard (and slightly muddy) navy in others. Can't decide! Aaargh!

Liz2012

Douglas.nl still has most of the EDES and I'm wondering if I should pick some up before they disappear. I already have Modern Pewter, Warm Thunder, Rich Core and Grand Galaxy. I'm eyeing Blue Orbit and Lunar, but I'm not sure if they're worth getting. I already have Cornflower piggie which looks quite similar to Blue Orbit (perhaps a tad more purple). Lunar looks fabulous, rich and shimmery in some swatches and a bog standard (and slightly muddy) navy in others. Can't decide! Aaargh!
Can't say anything about Blue Orbit since i don't own that one but i can definitely recommend Lunar! To me it's definitely a rich, shimmery, beautiful dark blue irl
eyelove.gif
I own Rich Core, Grand Galaxy and Lunar and i can easily say that it's my favorite out of the 3.

MissTT

When I spoke to a store Mgr she recommended the 282 brush to apply the EDES, but I'm not sure if I'm really happy with it. Can anyone recommend several other brushes to consider for applying color? I just don't feel like I'm getting the best use out of the ED products with the tools I have.

BuickMackane

Can't say anything about Blue Orbit since i don't own that one but i can definitely recommend Lunar! To me it's definitely a rich, shimmery, beautiful dark blue irl
eyelove.gif
I own Rich Core, Grand Galaxy and Lunar and i can easily say that it's my favorite out of the 3.
Thankee!
flower.gif

So now it's Lunar 1 - Blue Orbit 0.

In all honesty, I'll probably end up getting both. I really like the texture of EDES and I can't see myself getting any shadows from the Apres Chic and Pressed Pigment collections. Or so I keep telling myself, so that I can justify sending another 40 quid to Douglas
lol.gif

BuickMackane

When I spoke to a store Mgr she recommended the 282 brush to apply the EDES, but I'm not sure if I'm really happy with it. Can anyone recommend several other brushes to consider for applying color? I just don't feel like I'm getting the best use out of the ED products with the tools I have.
I normally use 239 and it seems to work fine.

Did you try applying your EDES wet? I can't be bothered most of the time, but the colours show up so much better when applied wet.

MissTT

Thanks, Buick! I actually just ordered the 239 on Monday and it sounds to be the eye shadow brush to have. I have not tried them wet. I guess I'd need to invest in Fix+ for that. I also tried a duo fibre brush for Whisper of Gilt EDSF, but it didn't seem to pick up much product. I feel like these products are too fancy for me.
sigh.gif