MAC Extra Dimension discussion

MRV

I got my EDs yesterday (teams 3&6) and today I tried MP on inner and Havana on outer lid. I really looove the way they look!!! They are very 'adult'. Also, I had no fading after about 9 hours and they stayed put very well. I cannot wear mattes on my lids since they disappear or turn into a muddy mess. VPs are second worse on me because they rubb off a bit, but not the EDES. And finally, I'm not a big fan of neutrals but these look lovely.

baghdad81

i finally picked up superb from mac store (they had many in stock) and will return sweet heat tomorrow. I didn't like that the eyeshadows didn't stay put dry without a primer on while all my other ones do. Sweet heat is the first to go back but I may end up returning YV and MP as well!

aradhana

thanks lyse
i'm hoping it will just take some time to grow on me so i've been trying it out with different looks. i didn't really have it in my list at all, but the sales assistant had used it on my eyes, with havana and dark dare.
i did also go back and buy havana (which was on my original list), so i feel a lot better!
i kind of want to go back for superb before it's gone, but i'm wondering how much it's a must-have....

Edelmc

Quote: Originally Posted by Prettypackages

OK, who is going to teach me how to do my eyeshadow like pretty kitty?

PM me if you need help! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by pemily

Could you get any hotter!!!

Thank you!
I would love to see you do a tutorial! Your fotds always look fab

Babylard

soooo I tried Modern Pewter over Let's Skate ala mac-guy's ideas. It looks really pretty like a sparkley grey with pink tones and pink shimmers. I also used Grand Galaxy in the outer-v and crease, as well as smudged over black swan eyeliner. I really like the effect if these extra dimensions over a black base. :) Modern Pewter goes very well with pink-gold duochrome eyeshadows too. I love how versatile these are <3 More pictures on my blog, but here is my eye ;D

UrbanSweetheart

soooo I tried Modern Pewter over Let's Skate ala mac-guy's ideas. It looks really pretty like a sparkley grey with pink tones and pink shimmers. I also used Grand Galaxy in the outer-v and crease, as well as smudged over black swan eyeliner. I really like the effect if these extra dimensions over a black base. :) Modern Pewter goes very well with pink-gold duochrome eyeshadows too. I love how versatile these are <3 More pictures on my blog, but here is my eye ;D

Soooooo your pictures have basically convinced me that I need (yes, NEED) Modern Pewter in my life!!
heart.gif
Great eye look!

j087

Today was the greatest day ever! I went to my MAC counter at Macy's to purchase the Heroine L/S that I put on hold. Low and behold, the MUA informed me that all the EDSKs and TC blushes were still in stock, which I had planned to order online but not anymore. That's right, eight new goodies came home with me today! I'm so happy I got the items in store, as I don't have to wait for shipping. I was surprised Macy's hadn't sold out yet, considering in the same mall both the regular MAC store and the MAC counter at Nordstroms were all but sold out of most of the collections.

The highlight for me amongst the three collections has to be the EDSKs. Hands down, I love them the most! They're so beautiful that I almost don't want to use them lol. Originally, I intended to purchase just Superb and Whisper Of Gilt......BUT......Glorify was staring at me, just too goregous in the pan to ignore. And then to top it off, the MUA tried it on me and I fell madly in love wih it that it had to be mine. I'm glad I didn't pass it up! I'm a lighter side of NC40 and it wasn't too coppery on my skintone, just that perfect JLo glow.

I also got MM, LC, and FoJ from the TC collection, and PC along with the Heroine L/S from the RS collection.
mac_atemywallet.gif

PrettyKitty

Modern Pewter :
http://www.crystalcandymakeup.blogspot.ca/2012/04/fard-paupieres-modern-pewter-de-mac.html

I thought it would be more green toned than that, but on me it's silver with light olive undertones and a gold sheen.

MACina

OMG.....MP is so pretty
eyelove.gif

And really very different from Dalliance.

Modern Pewter :
http://www.crystalcandymakeup.blogspot.ca/2012/04/fard-paupieres-modern-pewter-de-mac.html

I thought it would be more green toned than that, but on me it's silver with light olive undertones and a gold sheen.

baghdad81

I really feel that you have to pack on the colour with these. I am using a 242 to really pack it on and used treasure hunt as a base under modern pewter and Grand Galaxy in the outer V. I don't like that I have to pack it on for the colour to show on my eye. I am going to try to work on it but...am still not confident in these colours working on their own!

Icecaramellatte

Today was the greatest day ever! I went to my MAC counter at Macy's to purchase the Heroine L/S that I put on hold. Low and behold, the MUA informed me that all the EDSKs and TC blushes were still in stock, which I had planned to order online but not anymore. That's right, eight new goodies came home with me today! I'm so happy I got the items in store, as I don't have to wait for shipping. I was surprised Macy's hadn't sold out yet, considering in the same mall both the regular MAC store and the MAC counter at Nordstroms were all but sold out of most of the collections.

The highlight for me amongst the three collections has to be the EDSKs. Hands down, I love them the most! They're so beautiful that I almost don't want to use them lol. Originally, I intended to purchase just Superb and Whisper Of Gilt......BUT......Glorify was staring at me, just too goregous in the pan to ignore. And then to top it off, the MUA tried it on me and I fell madly in love wih it that it had to be mine. I'm glad I didn't pass it up! I'm a lighter side of NC40 and it wasn't too coppery on my skintone, just that perfect JLo glow.

I also got MM, LC, and FoJ from the TC collection, and PC along with the Heroine L/S from the RS collection.
mac_atemywallet.gif
That's great news! So glad you don't have to wait for shipping. I was feeling really silly about Glorify because it looks so much like the EL highlighter I bought over a month ago. But now that I've worn it, I love it so much I'm glad I have a virtual BU of it. Today I'm wearing Glorify today with a coral blush. I'm sure it will look fabulous with Modern Mandarin blush.

Babylard

These eyeshadows are very sheer on their own, kind of like loose pigments, but in a pressed pan form. You kind of have to experiment with different bases. They all work very well over a dark base like for effect paint pot or the dupe of it in the maybelline eye tattoos (the dark silvery grey one). I also like smudging them over black eyeliner. I think its important to do one section at a time so you apply the eyeshadow over the base while it is still wet, and then do the other eye. I don't like them on their own, because there are other eyeshadows that can do that. However, the other eyeshadows can't achieve the same look as extra dimensions eyeshadows. Grand Galaxy works best with a dark base, and modern pewter looks great on light to dark bases. maybe try all that out? :3 hope you can get it to work for you