MAC Eye Shadow x 15 Palettes

ginestra213

I stand corrected... the palette on the Austrian website is 120. The random price differences make NO sense - yet another reason I try to save up and haul a bunch of products whenever I go to the US. I *try* to only buy limited edition products here that would sell out quickly in any case.
It's ridiculous! Seriously! I don't know how MAC justifies this price difference.

I would get the cool palette but I'd either have to get a CP from the US or wait and see if I can get staff discount on them in case I get called to work the easter season. Oh well, that would still be 116€.

Dragonetta

The European prices are really too high..
I don't understand how MAC makes these prices? I understand that in Europe products are more expensive because generally because we pay more taxes on them, but that doesn't justify this huuuuge price difference. And it's also funny how the palette in Italy is €147 and in the Netherlands €125, in Italy the VAT is 22% (correct me if wrong ;) ) and in the Netherlands I think 21%, where does this difference of €22 come from?? As well for Austria and Germany... it really seems like they make their prices randomly. :p

Dragonetta

I know it has nothing to do with this thread bit I got curious so I looked up the prices of eyeshadow pan refills in some European countries.

US: $10 = €7.20

Germany: €14.50
Spain: €14.00
Italy: €13.60
Austria, France: €13.50
Netherlands, Belgium: €13.00

Makes me want to boycot MAC but I can't. :p

Seven Of Nine

I don't understand how MAC makes these prices? I understand that in Europe products are more expensive because generally because we pay more taxes on them, but that doesn't justify this huuuuge price difference. And it's also funny how the palette in Italy is €147 and in the Netherlands €125, in Italy the VAT is 22% (correct me if wrong ;) ) and in the Netherlands I think 21%, where does this difference of €22 come from?? As well for Austria and Germany... it really seems like they make their prices randomly. :p
Unfortunately, it's true ...
In Poland is the same:

ginestra213

I agree with the three posts above wholeheartedly! In no way in defense of MAC, the following is interesting to note (though I know lots of people already feel the same way): companies present in both the US and Europe tend to have weird pricing practices, really increasing the prices in Europe. L'Oreal, for example, is REALLY expensive in Austria (basically MAC prices) for certain products.

Example:
L'Oreal Touche Magique concealer (I think Magic Lumi in US)
~$9.64 vs 12.99EUR at Bipa (drugstore equivalent). That's $18.00.

Also, I buy a lot of Paula's Choice products, and on her Germany/Austria website, the prices are generally 1) the exact US price but in Euros (e.g. $25 becomes 25EUR) 2) or just obscenely high. A lotion I bought last time I was in the US for $20 is 29EUR on her site.

Because they're so random, it really makes me feel like companies think consumers are dumb. VAT and other taxes aside, charging literally double the equivalent USD price is insane. A lot of products aren't even imported, they're made right in Europe. I can't seem to find any information about this on the internet, but if anyone knows the reasoning behind the price discrepancy, I'd be interested.

Dragonetta

Yes you're right, everything (almost) is more expensive here than in the US. It just seems so not fair. :p Once while reading the reviews beneath the products of Paula's Choice on the Dutch website I saw somebody mentioning the price difference between the US and Europe. Customers Service replied saying that we have higher taxes and because in the EU there are other restrictions reguarding cosmetics so here the formulation is a bit different than in the US. But that still doesn't explain the big price difference.. (but at least their prices are the same for the whole Eurozone :p )

dancewithme

I got my warm palette on Friday, and I'm so pleased with it. I wear a neutral eye look most days, but I got into a bit of a bronze&brassy rut, so it's nice to have some new neutral shades to use.

smileyt06

Just got the warm today and I friggen love it. The only color I already had out the palette was saddle but I can take another of that. Plus for some reason saddle swatches darker from the palette. Def gonna try it out tomorrow and post pics. I still have plans to get the cool palette too

smileyt06

83c13562_image.jpeg
MACs warm palette love it. Def need the cool palette now

helenelg

Hi!
I got the warm palette yesterday (I LOVE IT!), and I was wondering if any of you have tried to depot it? I've already got a couple of the shadows in the palette, and because I'm a bit of an organizing freak when it comes to MAC eyeshadows, I really want to re-organize all my neutral eyeshadows.. I really don't like having one palette with beiges and highlight shadows, one with browns, and one with both.. :p

geeko

I paid $207 singapore dollars for mine. Envy u girls in the us who can get it for so much less:google: