MAC - Fashion Flower Discussion

Anneri

I'll be there first thing monday morning! First the big Douglas (Zeil), and then the store for FF. Will be a fun and expensive morning! If you need anything, give me a shout!

Mac-Guy

I'll be there first thing monday morning! First the big Douglas (Zeil), and then the store for FF. Will be a fun and expensive morning! If you need anything, give me a shout!

Thanks, happy hauling. I prefer the MAC store rather than Douglas on Zeil, although I liked the Douglas in the mall a bit outside of Frankfurt. Does Douglas offer a special discount or why do you split up your purchases?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
You are so lucky to have a store near you! I have to order online and I'm freaking out that I won't be able to get anything, especially from Fashion Flower. Because they don't have it at Douglas. I'll be stalking the website and hitting F5 like crazy.

PinkBasset

I have Ever Hip from the Liberty of London collection (which, sadly, I don't use anymore), but I think the color's slightly different this time round?
Actually I don't know if it's different, because I don't have the one from GMLOL. I remember someone saying this new one is tiny bit deeper? I could be wrong though. In any case, Ever Hip is lovely! Oh and I love your new haircut Winnie, so stylish!! :)

wishonastar

I got my Fashion Flower stuff today, love Ever Hip, it is the exact shade of soft coral I wanted for every day wear. Glad I bought two. I do like Summer Shower although alone I look slightly deathly so I will use it for layering. Having said that, the lighting at the moment is not great so I will try it again alone. I'm not getting a second tube, I wont use it enough to do that but I will be using it over pinks for sure. Anyone who has done that, how is it best to do it? I don't want my tube covered in pink lipstick so would a brush loaded with product work best? Budding Beauty Lipgele is nice, good for every day wear and will look great over Ever Hip and other corals. The gold lipgele (can't remember the name now) is another great layering product. I'm going to use it for that, I'm not overly keen on it alone but over pretty much any colour it will look amazing. It could be dotted into the centre of lips just to add some sparkle or you could go all out and use it all over for mega glam glitter lips. I really like the lipgele tubes, these are my first. They formula isn't too tacky either. I haven't swatched the eyeshadows I got yet, they are very pretty though.

BeckyBenett

i just got my 2 lipgelees! they are my first from mac. I love that they smell vanilla-y! Yumminess! And the glitter! OMG! Im going to wear it out Friday night!

PinkBasset

I have been going back and forth with Budding Beauty lip gelee. I love the colour in the tube, and that it isn't overly glittery, but it seems very sheer? Would I get any colour payoff at all or would it be just a clear gloss with some glitter on me?

wishonastar

I have been going back and forth with Budding Beauty lip gelee. I love the colour in the tube, and that it isn't overly glittery, but it seems very sheer? Would I get any colour payoff at all or would it be just a clear gloss with some glitter on me?
It is like a milky coral if that makes sense. It does have some glitter in it, the light will catch it a little. I don't know what your natural lips look like but it doesn't have much colour in it. It might pale your lips down a bit if they are pigmented. I used it over Ever Hip today and it looked nice.

LMD84

my summer shower arrived today!! woo hoo! it is very pretty and i can't wait to layer it over my lipsticks :)

LMD84

Does the sparkle show up well? Did it change the colour of LL?
it didn't change the colour of the lipstick. but when in sunlight you could see the pretty teal shimmers! it really complimented the green sheen to lollipop loving :) i will hve to do some swatches but the sun is setting now and it's dark :(

Alisha1

I wanted to pick up Groundcover today from Selfridges but the colour just does not show up when I swatched using my fingers! I also tried to pick it up with the 234 but it was still very sheer *sigh* oh well I most likely wouldn't have used it anyways :/

bis

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/173812/mac-fashion-flower-discussion/1890#post_2139540"]

i've just tried it over lollipop loving and it is rather special!!

[/quote] Oh, nice. SO blue and green shimmer then? Btw, how did you apply Summer Shower over it? Out of the tube?

LMD84

Btw, how did you apply Summer Shower over it? Out of the tube?
straight from the tube :) i blotted LL before applying summer shower so barely anything transfered onto summer shower. then i swipe it on my hand to get rid of residue :)

BeckyBenett

you will get some colour payoff. like a slight pearly gold. i like how the glitters sparkle in the light. dont apply too much or it will be very glittery. i just applied some to the centre of my lips and blended. tt way its a thin layer of sparkly peachy gloss =)