MAC Fix Plus Spray ?

Oonie

The first time I used it was when a MAC MUA did everybody's face for a wedding I was in. It did set the makeup and I was able to take pictures at wedding/reception with only touch-ups to lipstick.

I don't use it everyday.

Sanne

this stuff is great!!!

I use bare escentuals foundation, and I always apply the foundation and my blusher, spray fix+ all over my face, let it dry and do the rest of my make-up. It makes my skin glow, because it takes the powder-y finish away.

You can also use it for your eyebrows when you use a (e/s)powder to fill them in: wet your bush w/ the fix+, wipe it throught the (e/s)powder, and apply on your brows.

Janice

i <3 fix +
smiles.gif

Oonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Still experimenting.....but so far <3 it too

I'm at that stage too, which is why I don't use it everyday.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oonie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Still experimenting.....but so far <3 it too

I'm at that stage too, which is why I don't use it everyday.

MAC has these try out packs, and there is one w/ a minuature of fix+ in it, maybe that's something for people who doubt they'll like it. there are also 3 other goodies in there, so it probably won't be a mishap!

Bianca

I'm not allowed to buy make-up, my driving lessons are so expensive!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!

martygreene

I'm personally not a big fan of Fix+ for a few reasons.

First, the name is deceptive. It's not a makeup fixative at all. It's mainly water and glycerine, which serves to hydrate your skin, but as far as that is concerned, the airaesol cans of evian water do the same thing.

I'm also not a fan of applying caffeine to my face, despite what some new studies are claiming. Caffeine does deteriorate the connective tissue of delicate skin.

If you wanted, you could make a caffeine-free version of this at home, with water, vitamin E, glycerine, green tea, and chamomile.

rnsmelody

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene

If you wanted, you could make a caffeine-free version of this at home, with water, vitamin E, glycerine, green tea, and chamomile.

yea i want to try it w/o caffeine, by any chance do you have the recipe of it? thanks!

martygreene

I'd expirament with amounts, keeping the water as the largest volume, then glycerine, green tea, chamomile, and vitamine E, in that order.

Those are the main ingredients, without any preservatives. I suggest not mixing too much up at a time, to prevent spoilage- and perhaps keep it refridgerated.

lenjhn

I like to keep it in the fridge for a cool spray on a hot day. I have no idea if that does anything to the ingredients though!

PrettyKitty

I have Fix +, its great on top of my Studio Fix foundation, but sometimes my skin is oilier when I spray that product in my face.

Also, why its not a fine mist? That 'splash' everywhere. :p

Maybe its great for a light moisturizer for summer?

Sushi_Flower

Fix +...Does it make your makeup stay on?

I'm confused wether this is a skin refresher spray, or moisturising spray, or a spray to give makeup a dewy look or a spray to set makeup as i've read people using it for all these things.

I want something to make my eye makeup totally unbudgeable especially when crying at a wedding etc.

eponine

i've heard it doesn't really help, but if you're desperate to keep your eye makeup from smudging at a wedding, i'd close your eyes and spritz your eye area with hairspray. be careful not to get it IN your eyes, or all over your face cause it makes some people break out...but it really works on special occasions!

souraznhunnie

i've tried it before and it didn't make any difference on my skin....so i guess it works differently on different people...

Latest posts