MAC Fix Plus Spray ?

Jude

In the summer, I use Fix + alone and skip the moisturizer but I have oily skin. In the winter, I would not recommend slipping the moisturizer. I also use it to set my makeup and keep a bottle in my bag so if I have to re-powder later on, I cand spritz for the dewey finish.
smiles.gif

caffn8me

Another suggested use is as a mixing medium. Spray some into a small container (you can use the cap cover it comes with), dip your #266 brush in it and then you can use any eyeshadow or pigment as a liner.

Isis

Found this in the Product Safety forum, contributed by the fabulous Ms. VuittonVictim.

Fix+:
Spring Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Panthenol, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Butheth-26, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

Isis

Maybe it really is hairspray!
I have no idea LOL I'd guess the fixative agents??
I've never used it.

asnbrb

it doesn't feel like hairspray (stiff and stuck on your face). there's probably just a smidgen of that fixative agent.

martygreene

there actually aren't any fixative agents in fix+, as it isn't really a makeup fixative, as much as a spray form skin hydrator.

It's most likely the combination of extracts and perfume that make it smell hair-spray like.

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel0622
oh thanks!! i wonder which one makes it smell like hair spray. lol.

Probably these: Butylene Glycol & Tocopheryl Acetate

I was wondering this very same thing, what's in it?, just this morning! I wondered about using plain saline solution, the spray, to spray applicators with for damp application of eyeshadows. It'd be really simple to keep a small bottle of it on the dresser, cheap to buy, and I don't need the fixative really when I use a good base or primer anyway.

Years ago (and I mean like 25 or so) I remember a local magazine in Wichita, KS having beauty tips from the locally popular salons & one woman gave the suggestion that after applying all your makeup, spray a fine mist of hairspray on your face to set it! I can't imagine pointing a can of Aqua Net at my face & blasting it to glue my face for the day! (This was also back in the day there was not the selection of hairsprays like now, altho you wouldn't do that with ANY of them!) Can you imagine someone kissing you on the cheek & wondering "WHAT is wrong with her skin???!!??"

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
Probably these: Butylene Glycol & Tocopheryl Acetate

Tocopheryl acetate is a Vitamin E precursor which has almost no odour. Butylene Glycol exists in several isomers but they are all described as odourless too. The shampoo like smell is much more likely to be due to the added perfume and a combination of the botanical extracts than anything else.

Scrangie

My Fix+ never feels wet to me. I spray it on my face and I can see the moisture there, but it always feels ... like nothing! It does smell pretty good though. I love that stuff.

I also love the way Microfine Refinisher and Moisture Feed Skin (or studio moisture whatever lol) smells... Yeah, I'm weird but I think they kinda smell like oatmeal. Heh.

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Tocopheryl acetate is a Vitamin E precursor which has almost no odour. Butylene Glycol exists in several isomers but they are all described as odourless too. The shampoo like smell is much more likely to be due to the added perfume and a combination of the botanical extracts than anything else.

Duh....I actually should have recognized the vitamin E. I just picked out the chemical sounding names.
I've actually never smelled it. Is it just an additive for mixing eyeliner out of shadows & pigments? Maybe I need some...

caffn8me

Fix+ is a hydrating spray which gets my vote because of its caffeine content
greengrin.gif
It is pleasant to spray on the face after makeup has been completed and it can also be used as a water based mixing medium.

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Fix+ is a hydrating spray which gets my vote because of its caffeine content
greengrin.gif
It is pleasant to spray on the face after makeup has been completed and it can also be used as a water based mixing medium.

Sounds like a great product! I hadn't paid attention before, really. Thanks for enlightening me on it!

AlliSwan

Okay...I've been wanting to buy a bottle bc Risa is always posting her FOTDs and saying she used an MSF plus Fix+ or a pigment and Fix+, etc... Do you put the MSF on first, them spray, or spray your cheek, then quickly buff on the MSF, or wet the brush slightly then put it in the MSF, then on your face??

It doesn't smell at all to me. I like to spray it on sometimes but I don't know if it's the fix+ or what I've put on my face (moisture cream, foundation) but it seems to feel a little sticky.

michelle :)

i think it smells amazing! the only thing i have to remember is to close my eyes when i aim at my face but thats a whole different oprah
smiles.gif