MAC - Flighty Discussion

Ashleybubbles83

seems like the highlight of this collection were the colored zoom lashes...i swatched them at the store on Sunday but they were sold out so as soon as i left i got onto my iPhone and ordered plum reserve and high esteem. trying to decide if i really need the green and blue ones too.

MRV

Flighty came out here today and I passed the mousses! I got only the plum mascara since there was nothing else. It's my first Mac mascara - can you believe that (after some years and hundreds of Mac products)?

Mac-Guy

I'm considering BB The Cool Elite to complement Surf Baby Gilded White as a highlighter. Might stop at the Mac store today.
flower.gif

sayah

Flighty is coming out here next week. It'll be "fun" to get peoples feelings about them here.

martiangurll

My lashes are pretty long, but I'm still iffy about the green mascara. I find that it just disappears.
I love the blue mascara. I find I need to layer another one on the top fringe of lashes, but the blue really makes my eyeballs look whiter and more awake. I wish they would have done it in the Zoomlash formula.

sinergy

ok, I dont have any of the big bounce shadows yet, but i have a friend who was on vacation in south texas and stopped in at a MAC counter. Well they gave her a few different ways to wear these and one of them the MA was layering this BB shadow OVER a regular eyeshadow. So she is going to bring them by this week so she can explain to me what they told her, lol but she said it made the color really pop and the shadow looks great. her example was sketch on the lid, and then with a synthetic brush, a mauvey looking or even one of the bluer BB shadows patted on over the top of sketch. Im going to play with hers see how it works out, but if anyone has them and has tried this what did you think?

liba

ok, I dont have any of the big bounce shadows yet, but i have a friend who was on vacation in south texas and stopped in at a MAC counter. Well they gave her a few different ways to wear these and one of them the MA was layering this BB shadow OVER a regular eyeshadow. So she is going to bring them by this week so she can explain to me what they told her, lol but she said it made the color really pop and the shadow looks great. her example was sketch on the lid, and then with a synthetic brush, a mauvey looking or even one of the bluer BB shadows patted on over the top of sketch. Im going to play with hers see how it works out, but if anyone has them and has tried this what did you think?
My local MAs were telling me to try this trick too, but i haven't gotten around to it yet.

I will say they look great under the Surf Baby pigments.

LMD84

i still need to try this too! i have sketch and the purpley bb shadow so i shall try this out.

sinergy

i still need to try this too! i have sketch and the purpley bb shadow so i shall try this out.

i tried it out on my friends daughter today for her beauty pageant and i have to say i really liked the result. i might be buying a few of these to play with. we used retrospect all over the lid, tempting in the crease and used the bb shadow in Luxury Touch used very small amounts at a time..think i used a 252 cause thats all i had handy, and i patted it into the outer corner until i had the coverage i wanted and it was pretty, lasted all day and had that punch of color without being over done.

PinkBasset

I ended up buying Black Diamond. I also got samples of Up The Ante! and Spread The Wealth. I have tested UTA once, I put it over Too Faces Shadow Insurance, then patted some Cocomotion pigment over it, and then patted some more UTA on top of the pigment on the center of my lid. It lasted all day, no creasing, and it was nice. Much nicer than I expected. I have to test them soon by themselves and see how it goes. BD swatched so pretty, it wasn't patchy like some shades were when I rubbed a sheer layer of them on the back of my hand. I hope it is the same on my lid (UTA was a bit patchy, but it was like that when I swatched it too). I was super surprised that this collection launched here, I was sure we wouldn't get this. I got all the mascaras too. :) We won't get Fashion Flower though, bummer.

martiangurll

I think this is WAY harder than I want to work, I will stick with paint pots and just get the MUFE cream e/s if I want the color to last. I would consider these for beach wear, but sheesh, I am about a thousand miles from teh nearest ocean. So, I guess I will wait and see how many of these show up in about six months at my CCO and then try it if the price is right...

Pinkdollface

I got the Green is Green mascara and i love it. The colour shows up really nice without a primer, but i do have very light lashes. I also played a bit with the BB shadows on my hand. The MA did like them. She wore them underneath a shadow and she said they hold up very well. She uses a paint as a base for her shadows. I don't know if i want to try one. I felt like they did sheer out very quick.

LMD84

i finally tried layering one of these over a shadow and it went all weird and balled up! maybe i used too much?

sayah

I played with one of these at the counter yesterday. All glitter and no lasting product - yuck!

On the bright side, I did get Vex, Patina, Steamy and Hush. I blame you guys for Vex and Hush!
bouquet.gif

LMD84

I played with one of these at the counter yesterday. All glitter and no lasting product - yuck!

On the bright side, I did get Vex, Patina, Steamy and Hush. I blame you guys for Vex and Hush!
bouquet.gif
enjoy your shadows! steamy is sooo pretty!