MAC for Marilyn

aradhana

This is one of the reasons why I love the internet. When I decided to start wearing makeup, I did my research on YouTube before ever stepping foot at a makeup counter. I knew exactly what shades I wanted to try. If they looked good on me after swatching, then I'd buy them. I'm very thankful that I never had preconceived notions or rules of what would and wouldn't look good on me. I would need to try it and see for myself. I'm not saying that I'm not open to opinions or suggestions. But it's my face, so my opinion tops anyone else's.
LOL!

do we know an official launch date for this yet?

CartoonChic

Aw - too bad! You still may want to swatch it before you write it off.

It's just not for me - I could only get away using it for a highlighter & I have bucket loads of those!

I guarantee the bp will be the first thing to go!
Not a total skip yet. I just don't plan to order it with my initial lipstick order when the collection launches online. I'll wait to swatch it in person before purchasing. I don't have a lot of highlighters. Only the MSFs from Heavenly Creature and Superb EDSF. I plan to get the repromote of Wisper of Guilt and NARS Albatross. I'll get the Beauty Powder only if I love it. I don't have any room (or funds) to get it if I only like it. I need to be able to see it on myself and think that's gawjus, dahlink.

kimbunney

LOL! Thanks Shontay you've convinced me I'm going to bite the bullet. My haul for this collection is so small! Lord knows how much regret I had over not buying a single item from the Iris collection. So Scarlet Ibis and Love Goddess so far!
Please, please, please get Scarlet Ibis. I was on the fence too when it came out with that Aphel collection (or whatever it was called), but I took a chance and love it. It's not like the other Mac orange/reds. I doubt you'll need to tone it down. It's the perfect mix of orage and red and I don't even need a liner for it. The texture is a dream. Trust me. If you don't like it you can punch me in the face via internet.

kimbunney

Oh no I really wanted a WOC to love the BP. I needed a reason to haul it other than packaging but I guess I can just skip no need to buy a product just to look at it lol. You've got me interested in the shadows again? Are the three lightest pretty similar in person? Is Preferred Blonde unique? The darkest shade actually looks most tempting since you and Richelle posted swatches!

Just a random question about Pure Zen because I don't think I've seen it on darker skintones but would it be too ashy?
My sis & I stopped by our local MAC store to see if the Marilyn display was up yet - it was - & I took a look @ everything.

I swatched a few things and decided that I'm sticking w/3 red lippies - I already have Scarlet Ibis.

Lookie here:

I tried the 3 reds - all nice - beauty powder (skip - too ashy for my NC45 skin) and shadows.

The shadows are VP (nicely textured, no glittery fall out) - but a skip for me. I'm not interested in them. Ignore the stripes - those were swatches from Sephora!

The bp reminded me of Porcelain Pink msf. It is really smooth, nice to the touch but rather on the light side.

I was not interested in the blushes - too light - nail polishes, etc.

I reserved the 3 red l/s and called it a day.

Love Goddess runs pinky red - kinda reminded me of Impassioned in a way - not a shade I would normally pick up but it is different. The other 2 reds are gorgeous too!

It was odd that there are no red glosses but oh well.

I tried Phff or what ever it is called on my hand & it is pretty but I'm skipping it.

Please note that these photos were taken indoors under artificial light.

I removed everything before I went outside - the back of my hand was covered in makeup!

Oh - I forgot to add: @ my local MAC f/s store: they are having an event next weekend. You will be able to purchase products, etc during the event & after the event is over, you won't be able to get anything until the official release date.

CartoonChic

Oh no I really wanted a WOC to love the BP. I needed a reason to haul it other than packaging but I guess I can just skip no need to buy a product just to look at it lol. You've got me interested in the shadows again? Are the three lightest pretty similar in person? Is Preferred Blonde unique? The darkest shade actually looks most tempting since you and Richelle posted swatches!

Just a random question about Pure Zen because I don't think I've seen it on darker skintones but would it be too ashy?
I've swatched Pure Zen before. I like it and plan to buy it later because it's permanent. I don't find it ashy at all. As I recall, it's not a pure beige color or white beige. It has a pink or peach tint to it that makes it very wearable. I was expecting something like Ruffian Naked (hideous on me
puke.gif
), but I was pleasantly surprised with Pure Zen.

aradhana

i didnt try pure zen on my lips, but swatched on my hand, i didn't think it would look ashy on nc 45. i actually kind of made a mental note to go back for it sometime as a back to mac candidate, since i think it's part of the perm line now....

Yazmin

Before my love affair with MAC began, I used to stick to more chestnut-leaning brown shades. The first time I went to my Pro store was with the intention of trying out a variety of shades and my SA didn't once try to categorize me into one shade range/family. At one point, she tried Up the Amp and paused while I took a look and with a big grin on my face, I said "keep going." I felt like a kid in a candy store.

I'm definitely getting Deeply Adored and Scarlet Ibis. I want to try Love Goddess first, though. I used to shy away from reds but now I seek them out. Same with pinks.

MACina

You look very beautiful Richelle!!!

Thank you so much for all the swatches and comparisons...that is really very helpful
thmbup.gif

It is awesome that the eyeshadows are more like pressed pigments
yahoo.gif

On the eyes I had Day Gleam already. SA put Groundwork over it and Showgirl in the crease. Looked amazing. Couldn't capture a pic.

Showgirl

4 swipes-2 swipes. I think these are literally pigments that are pressed not like the F&B ones at all.

Deeply-Charmed-Love

Rocker-Deeply Heartless-Runaway Red-Charmed Love-Moxie

Love Goddess-Moxie

Heartless-RR-Charmed

Rocker-Deeply

Rezel

Thanks Richelle and Fiberluver for the swatches. The lipsticks are lovely.

I pre-ordered all 4 red lipsticks and the perfect cheek blush before I saw the swatches. I only have 3 red lipsticks (russian red, rocker, and CG hot) that's why I got all 4 of them. I have pink cult blush but TPC looks similar to the first blush I ever had when I was a teen so I had to get it also.

I hope my seller would be able to get everything before anything gets sold out so I'll be stalking the site along with you guys. Have to inform her once this appears online.

Fiberluver

kimbunney - the 3 light e/s were all unique, different from each other.

I just dabbed them on to see what they looked like against my skin.

The grey shade is gorgeous though! Really pretty - and smooth!

I thought about purchasing the bp just for the case but decided against it.

I only have Briar Rose bp and right now that doesn't get a lot of love.

If I had to choose between Porcelain Pink msf & the Marilyn bp - personally I'd go with PP because it has the hint of gold to it which warms it up and is much more pigmented.

rockin

What would anyone say is the best method for applying beauty powder all over, and should it be applied before or after blush? I have a couple of bps, but have only really tried to use them like blush before (I'm quite pale-skinned, probably around NW10). I'm very tempted by the Marilyn bp and also the peachy blush.

gracie90

What would anyone say is the best method for applying beauty powder all over, and should it be applied before or after blush? I have a couple of bps, but have only really tried to use them like blush before (I'm quite pale-skinned, probably around NW10). I'm very tempted by the Marilyn bp and also the peachy blush.
I'm the same shade, and am willing to bet that it'll look great all over!

Jol0

Since this is "special" packaging do you think it will appear on the pro and regular site at the same time??

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm the same shade, and am willing to bet that it'll look great all over!
I'm the same shade as well and have several BPs, but haven't tried them all over. Maybe I'll give it a try with the Marylin one.