MAC for Marilyn

Modmom

I was at my store today and they are doing an event next Tuesday so I booked a time. They're not doing makeovers though. The SA told me that they will give Pro discounts on the collection after Oct 18th. So I'm going to pick up Love Goddess and the bp at the event, and then look into the e/s and blushes after the 18th. I won't be disappointed if they sell out before that, but bonus if I can get a few of the e/s with my discount

hwdsprincess

I knew deeply adored prob compared to the vg my swatches erased before I got to compare I ordered the same lipsticks as you though you're kinda pushing me to get that shadow lol Thanks richelle

Richelle83

For anyone that is in the 10's and 20's Rocker looks almost identical to Deeply Adored and I believe I swatched the newer Runaway Red and Charmed I'm sure also look very similar. Hubster thought I got ripped off with RR and CIS, kept saying they are identical on him lol.

Copperhead

To answer everyone's questions and a little story about the event. Here we go!

I went to Orlando, about 1hr and change drive. The Pro store at the Mall of Millenia got the collection first from what I was told. In the store they had the display available for anyone to see and swatch like normal, which is what I had to do once I finished with my appt. VG1 was probably the closest to Deeply Adored in the current line of lipsticks, I don't have it to compare though. I was being helped by a runner and another SA very close to my complexion said oh no sorry Deeply is all sold out but let me go in the back and see if there is a stash. Apparently SA's were hoarding them lol. So that's how they were sold out before the event started today. I called on Tuesday or something to see if I could pre order, the SA told me to call on Friday(first day of the event) no problem, but I forgot. Well Ms. super sleuth said nope we weren't doing pre orders at all. Smh!

The event was held downstairs, they had the whole section blocked off, with sound and camera crew. Total stations was about 24, my lady did a great job. Most of them looked to be wearing SI for some reason-no matter the skintone. At 11am it wasn't really that crowded but once 12 hit, whole different story! I don't remember who the speaker is in the video but he is well known to the MAC world. I do wonder what the event will be like with Glamour Daze, should be cute.

I tried to take close up pics of the eye look, but I'm horrible at that! Oh and the shadows are very nice, way prettier than I thought they would be. Didn't swatch anything else.
Gregory A.

http://twitter.com/MAC_Gregory_A/status/249280214943805440/photo/1

Audrey C

For anyone that is in the 10's and 20's Rocker looks almost identical to Deeply Adored and I believe I swatched the newer Runaway Red and Charmed I'm sure also look very similar. Hubster thought I got ripped off with RR and CIS, kept saying they are identical on him lol.
Thanks - this helps a lot. I will pass on DA and that's probably just as well since I didn't pre-order it and it will require advanced stalking to get a tube and my dog just ain't in that race. I don't have Runaway Red so I have no idea whether I have a dupe of CIS or not. If I can order one, I probably will.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Richelle, thanks for sharing the pics! What did you think of the beauty powder? And Legendary blush? Do you think it's similar to any other one? Sorry if you already mentioned it, I need to go back and read thorugh everything again thoroughly.

Richelle83

Quote: Originally Posted by Naynadine

You're welcome! I didn't even touch the blushes or the bp. I figured they wouldn't be useful to see on me.

luvlydee

I'm so tired of the experts and what they think is best for African-American skin. If they really think we need to stick to berries and plums, just take me out of my misery now. It's all about experimentation and seeing what you think looks best on you. I'm not a fan of saying THIS is best for this complexion or whatever. If I stuck to the rules people set out for my coloring I'd probably have only 10% of my current collection and I think I look damn good. Not a rant against you Prettypackages, but against these so-called experts. They're the reason why so many women are afraid of trying new things. It's makeup, not a face tattoo. Let's have fun.
This always bring me back to my first experiences with mac. I wanted hug me lipstick the mua told me no ill look better with some brown lipstick and refused to sell me hug me cuz it wouldnt look right. I bought it at another store and til this day ive been thru 2 tubes. Not to say browns and plums dont look good i just dont go for it myself. Also, like you also said shontay im sometimes jealous of woc with light-pale lips because i hate my brown lips altering colors that are already gorgeous on its own lol Im still sticking to charmed im sure, love goddess, deeply adored and the bp. Thank you everyone who shared pics so far !

elegant-one

Not a rant against you Prettypackages, but against these so-called experts. They're the reason why so many women are afraid of trying new things. It's makeup, not a face tattoo. Let's have fun.
girlhaha.gif
Oh Shontay, this is why I love you!!! funny

aradhana

Not a rant against you Prettypackages, but against these so-called experts. They're the reason why so many women are afraid of trying new things. It's makeup, not a face tattoo. Let's have fun.
so true. i usually ignore in magazines etc... when they say 'if your skin is blah, chose blah dee blah.'...instead i just look at whether i like the shade/product, and try to swatch it or find a picture of a swatch at least on a similarly skin-toned person (not always possible). in any case they usually leave big chunks of the populace out with those features, because they'll only have four skintones or something mad.

i think someone may have mentioned already, but it really depends on people's hair and eye colour, and clothing....the makeup i wore to my wedding ( with a purple dress) looks totally crazy on me when i wear black....

littlelamb

Good to know! I didn't get either of those and regretted it so I think I will get these (partially for the packaging). My list is still just CIS, DA, LG (which I'm on the fence about but I love pinks) and the BP.

I went to Nordstrom yesterday and the woman at the MAC Counter told me I could not pre-order at all. Luckily my mom works there in the beauty department so she said she'll find a way to snag the items I want
heart.gif

Prettypackages

10's and 20's? Are you saying how many lippies we have? LOL

cucumbers

Good to know! I didn't get either of those and regretted it so I think I will get these (partially for the packaging). My list is still just CIS, DA, LG (which I'm on the fence about but I love pinks) and the BP.

I went to Nordstrom yesterday and the woman at the MAC Counter told me I could not pre-order at all. Luckily my mom works there in the beauty department so she said she'll find a way to snag the items I want
heart.gif
None of the stores/counters near me are taking pre-orders either. I'm nervous I won't get what I want!!

shontay07108

:haha: Oh Shontay, this is why I love you!!! funny
:kiss: I'm trying to think of something else I can order with Love Goddess. Maybe I'll go through Mac's site and think of something. I would love another pack of Mac wipes, but last time I got them from Bloomingdales and didn't realize until later that the pack was dried out. Like, completely useless. How long did they have them there? Still a little traumatized. :shocked: