MAC Heavenly creature discussion

Spring

Oh wow, nice swirls! Those pictures really make me want to run to the MAC store right now even though it is closed already to pick me some more swirls.
eyelove.gif
Love your Supernova.

berryjuicy

So I had the chance to visit a MAC counter yesterday and was able to swatch Cut a Caper, which I had decided not to get because I have Ever Hip. On my lips, perhaps because of the pigmentation, CaC leans more pinky coral while Ever Hip is just coral on my lips. I B2M'd for it and I really like it.

Out of this collection my favorites are Center of the Universe, Supernova, and Cut a Caper.

liba

Haha Liba, it is really the other way around!

Are you still going to get Bright Moon? I would prefer a Bright Moon with lots of see green/mint and less silver.
It sure looks like it'll be CotU for those who can't do ES and vice versa.
pompom.gif
cheerleader.gif
drinks.gif

If you love the more greenish part of Bright Moon, you should definitely look for a Water with very little dark blue and yellow and lots of the shimmery mint green. I'd snap a photo of mine, but my camera is misplaced right now in the middle of a big home overhaul :( To describe it in words, it's just as pastel as Bright Moon, but with a brilliant glowing seafoam/mint green shade instead of the blue of Bright Moon. That's why I passed on BM - I will use my Water for the same thing, but it'll be more unique and also more wearable on me. In fact, I'm going to wear it out tonight, probably with Reel Sexy with Meteoric on top for the lips and CotU for cheeks and face!

baysaz

I'm so glad I got Light Year; it was a little outside my comfort zone but I'm really warming up to it. I'm wearing it today over Deep Throat; it deepened the sheen but I buffed any glitter there might have been away. It glows, but it doesn't have the gold glitter bomb effect I got from Orgasm. :)

Today I'm wearing Strictly Plutonic over a faint wash of Throw Me a Line; I like deepening the CSG a bit. I'm wearing Rubenesque PP on my lids and under my lower lashes with Sweet Heat on the inner third on my lids, Magnetic Attraction on the outer third and Satin Taupe in the crease and outer v. I lined my upper lash line with Dipdown and faintly winged it out. Great summery look that is shimmery but not over the top.
I thought Light Year and Deep Throat looked well together also.

liba

I hope they come up with Heavenly Creature II sometime *:D
Heavenly Creature is kind of my Semi-Precious II
eyelove.gif

I'm trying to decide which collection I like better.

I definitely prefer the MBs in HC. The lippies in SP beat out the ones in HC by a nose. Meanwhile, the MSFs make me equally frenzied in both collections. I also bought many more shadows last year, but this year's crop are overall a higher quality product (just didn't want to dupe colors I already had).

Spring

Thanks for your recommendation Liba! Last year I bought Jade's fortune and it looks so similar in the pan to BM to me, so I didn't even swatch it this morning. Do you have Jade's fortune as well? JF is one of my favourite eyeshadows from SP. Love the colour.
Hmmm you make me want to go back to the Counter and check Water. Has anyone compared JF and Water? Have fun tonight! You sure will look lovely!

Haha Berryjuicy another member of the CotU team!

Baysaz, sounds like a nice combination. I am going to try it as well. (however I have many new things to play with that I will try this combination later on)

gracie90

Today I just lightly tapped my 187 onto Stratus once for each cheek, and it is BEAUTIFUL! Pale ladies should try it for sure, it is really really pretty when used with a light hand :)

andabri

Your Magnetic Attraction is perfect! I ordered one from online since I had a giftcard to nordstrom, but none closer than a half hour away. I'm hoping it turns out as well as yours

skratikans

Your Magnetic Attraction is perfect! I ordered one from online since I had a giftcard to nordstrom, but none closer than a half hour away. I'm hoping it turns out as well as yours
Thanks! I really love it, I brought that one online, I was hoping for one with lots of yellow...but the swatch is nice...it has a gorgeous pink/burnt orange sheen

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by skratikans
How pale are you? I'm an nc20

NW10-15! You should definitely try it out if you can get to a store :)

duckrodeo

Ok Gracie, I think you're convincing me to try out Stratus
eyelove.gif

Does anybody know how Stratus compares to Early Morning blush from Naturally? That's the only reservation I have about Stratus because EM was far too dark for me, even with a light hand. I'm thinking the redness of EM was a factor, though.

Lisianthus

Ok Gracie, I think you're convincing me to try out Stratus
eyelove.gif

Does anybody know how Stratus compares to Early Morning blush from Naturally? That's the only reservation I have about Stratus because EM was far too dark for me, even with a light hand. I'm thinking the redness of EM was a factor, though.
Early Morning is a lot more like Ring of Saturn than Stratus. Stratus is very pigmented. I only looked at it briefly but didn't see any red undertones to it.

peachsuns

Ok, so here is my stuff with flash

...and here without flash.

From bottom left to right: Earthly, Sky, Water, Light Year, Star Wonder, Center of the Universe, Ring of Saturn and Supernova.
In the middle Cut a Caper, Meteoric and Astral.

I must say that I saw no real bad swirls. They were all pretty and balanced I guess, but I chose those that appealed to me the most.
Pure perfection!
eyelove.gif
Thank you so much for sharing, MACerette!

ahoythere

WELCOME SPRING!!!!
And you are so sweet for asking about my baby!!! I was cracking up because I think I only ever mentioned that I was pregnant once on the Tres Cheek thread, so I can't believe you remember!!! I had a boy who is now 3 months old exactly, and he is an awesome and intense little dude, but somehow I still manage to put makeup on everyday, Halleluja for that! I am DEDICATED. And that boy needs his mama looking pretty, right? Gotta paint the outer shell even if the insides are in shambles, LOL.

I am glad you finally joined, this is a WONDERFUL place full of loving enablers!
pompom.gif
heart.gif
girlhaha.gif

Hi all, I am new to Specktra and have been lurking around for over a year. After having met Pinkdollface this morning for the second time I've decided to register myself and give it a go.
I really love all the lovely swirls out here and was very happy to be assisted by Pinkdollface in swirl hunting this morning.

Pinkdoll face, it was very nice meeting you this morning: you are awesome yourself! I really loved swirl hunting together. We were lucky that we were so early since our Counter only got two earthshines and sky's. I love my heavenly "treasures". I got Earthshine, Starwonder, Lightyear, Ring of Saturn, Aurora (I was going back and forth on this one, but the MUA made me decide to get this as quick as I could! She adores the pink in Aurora and so do I!), Sky (the last one ;-)) and Cut a caper.
My 4 year old daughter adored Sky since blue is one of her favorite colours.

Pinkdollface, did you notice that they didn't have any Solar Ray MB? Now I can't stop thinking about it. Maybe it's because it is not available, that I want it so bad?
001_unsure.gif

Anyway, I can still order in online, if I really want to.

Could anyone tell me if Lightyear and Solar Ray are very similar?

Ahoythere: you don't know me at all, but I am so very curious about your baby? Did you get a boy or a girl?

I am really glad I finally registerd myself. You are such a big enablers! Without you I wouldn't own half of the make up that I do.
pompom.gif