MAC Heavenly creature discussion

TheLadyDanger

The thing is I have swatched it a couple of times already at my counter. I know it will show up, but I also have Light Year, By Candlelight, Light Flush MSF's which while not exact dupes are very similar. And still I can't get it out of my head what to do what to do?
hmm.gif
Thanks for your input though:)
Hm..If you've thought about it for a while and it's remains to linger in your head -- I say get it! You can always return it if you end up not using it?

TheLadyDanger

BTW, for those who have Earthshine, how are you using it? I would like anyone's input since I still see it up on Nordstrom. I use most of my MSF's strictly as highlighters. Since Earthshine is a little darker, I figure I could use it somehow, someway on my NC30-35 skin.

Pinkdollface

BTW, for those who have Earthshine, how are you using it? I would like anyone's input since I still see it up on Nordstrom. I use most of my MSF's strictly as highlighters. Since Earthshine is a little darker, I figure I could use it somehow, someway on my NC30-35 skin.
I use it as a bronzer. The glow isn't too much for me. I use a 187 or 184 brush depending on how sheer I want it to be.

Fiberluver

Since I'm NC45 I use Earthshine either as a bronzer, highlighter or blush. Depending on the effect I'm trying to achieve. I also use it over blushes as well. It is one of my favorite MSFS and I got a b/up of it as well.

TheLadyDanger

Thanks for the imput:) Also to Fiberluver and MACina! I've decided that I'm going to skip. I've just spend too much lately and should save my money for the upcoming collections. I don't use the other colours enough to have yet another one in that colour family.
I use it as a bronzer. The glow isn't too much for me. I use a 187 or 184 brush depending on how sheer I want it to be.
Thank you and Fiberluver as well!

martiangurll

Liaba--I am really tempted to try Sky layered over that Grease stick in the deep blue, and I do have that one, was on a mission to get all the grease sticks and I think I have them all. But can I can get over messing up the pretty surface of the MES? I know it sounds odd, but I just love looking at the blue color. I just cannot imagine any color that beautiful will translate to looking pretty on my lids but pairing it with a gold or peach to contrast could work...

Well, i have 7 of 9 !

... of the e/s that is.

I only got 5 when HC came out. Then in the past month i've gotten Universal Appeal (gold, bronze, violet melange) and Invincible Light (icy white, lavender, warm gold melange).

The two i don't have are Aurora (peach, green, brown melange) and Water (green-gold, turquoise, cobalt melange). I just don't see ever getting Water, the black with navy sparkles blends too dark for my taste, but i'm debating Aurora. It blends coppery and i already have a modest number of copper shadows, but the thing with these swirly babies is that the color is variable, which gives them dimension unlike a solid color shadow, so i may cave.

Sky is kinda bright in the pan - but i just couldn't resist - and it goes on as a sheer teal with green-gold sparkle, so it's more usable than it looks.

Bright Moon is much more muted than Sky because the lavender-grey swirls tone down the aqua. I wear it on the lid, but not in the crease, or in the crease, but not on the lid. Don't want too much of a good thing.

You are so right. This was such an amazing collection. Colors for every skin tone and for taste conservative to wild!
Aurora was the surprise favorite for me. It looks like a blend of boring neutrals in the pan, but it really does something for my blue eyes. It is the only MES I ever bought BU for. Ever. It really pulls more terra cotta than copper on my lids.

Medgal07

I love these self diagnoses. Unfortunately, I suffer from almost all of them. Oh the angst of make up addictions.
Ironically I got Sky but I am afraid to use it. I know I won't use that color e/s except maybe as a swipe across the lashline as a pop of color but I couldn't resist the pretty color.
I thought you would have bought seven of the nine, okay, that is just a bad joke. If I track down Bright Moon, I will be on Team 9 (all the MES) as well.
Highlight only or do you have another use for it?

BTW, I think it is quite the testament to this HC collection that months later and even with an impending special packaging collection approaching, we are still dishing praise on it.
iagree.gif
ABSOLUTELY!

martiangurll

I need to dig out these MSF and give them the love they deserve. I put them away for next summer but I think with some sheering out or layering I could use them with Winter colors.

MACina

I am using Light Year and Star Wonder a lot at the moment!

They are also perfect for frosty days IMO!

I need to dig out these MSF and give them the love they deserve. I put them away for next summer but I think with some sheering out or layering I could use them with Winter colors.

lilinah

I use pleasure seeker from this collection a lot. It might be a l/s I actually finish.
I accidentally got Pleasureseeker - way way too orange on me and a color i'll never wear - when i really wanted Cut A Caper. I've heard there's a CCO closer to me than the ones i knew of, which are 1 or 2 hours away. I'll have to call and see if they have CaC...

brittbby

I'm selling Star Wonder in the clearance bin if anyone loves it. It doesn't look right on my skin tone.... I used it maybe twice since this collection came out lol!

Latest posts