MAC Heavenly creature discussion

Mac-Guy

Me too, I didn't even bother getting Rose Quartz. Out of the other three, it's really hard to say I have a favorite. Pearl is the most versatile, but when I have a tan going, Goldstone is the only game in town. And then there's Crystal Pink, which is probably my favorite MSF, period - it's very unusual and is so amazing for late summer and fall.

From Heavenly Creatures, the only one I didn't get was Earthshine, which just was the wrong brown for me. Center of the Universe totally works, though. I'm using Light Year a lot lately, but my favorite has to be Star Wonder, which I was able to use all over when I was very tan and is now a great little blush. I don't think I'm going to try for such a deep tan this year, but I'm one of those people that feels healthier when I get plenty of sunshine.
iagree.gif
It's a very unusual color that is great for special occasions.

Slimmycakes

Quote: Originally Posted by Medgal07
Honest to goodness, it seems like HC was many years ago. I'm still using the products--HMAO, but there have been numerous collections since and this stuff just seems old now--lovely, but old. That's pretty sad because HC was not that long ago. I have to keep an inventory document because I often have bouts of 'COLLECNESIA,' the condition of forgetting about a collection and its' product specifics. It's a temporary condition but troubling none the less, and it comes on when one is bombarded with multiple collections, usually in rapid succession. What's next? Oh yeah, Archie's Girls!
th_crazy2.gif

I love this dysfunction you came up with! LOL. I felt as if I may come down with it soon so I finally caved and created an Excel spreadsheet for my tiny stash. But on topic, I didn't go crazy with this collection at all but it was lovely to see everyone hauls&swirls. I only purchased Ring of Saturn and Stratus which is pure love. But the way a few of you ladies spoke about Earthshine has me wondering...

kimibos

Me too, I didn't even bother getting Rose Quartz. Out of the other three, it's really hard to say I have a favorite. Pearl is the most versatile, but when I have a tan going, Goldstone is the only game in town. And then there's Crystal Pink, which is probably my favorite MSF, period - it's very unusual and is so amazing for late summer and fall.

From Heavenly Creatures, the only one I didn't get was Earthshine, which just was the wrong brown for me. Center of the Universe totally works, though. I'm using Light Year a lot lately, but my favorite has to be Star Wonder, which I was able to use all over when I was very tan and is now a great little blush. I don't think I'm going to try for such a deep tan this year, but I'm one of those people that feels healthier when I get plenty of sunshine.
i love star wonder, from HC, i got Center of the U. too but i dont use it that much. i skipped the other 2.

Medgal07

I'm a total MSF/Highlighter junkie. I love the stuff...can't get enough w/> 30 right now. If more came out today I'd buy them. Totally obsessed. I even have a major dent in Rose Quartz.
th_dunno.gif

My obsession isn't confined to MAC...I recently purchased the Chanel & Estee Lauder spring highlighters. OYE VEY.

Medgal07

I love this dysfunction you came up with! LOL. I felt as if I may come down with it soon so I finally caved and created an Excel spreadsheet for my tiny stash. But on topic, I didn't go crazy with this collection at all but it was lovely to see everyone hauls&swirls. I only purchased Ring of Saturn and Stratus which is pure love. But the way a few of you ladies spoke about Earthshine has me wondering...
Earthshine is the only MSF that I've ever gotten a BU for. I get the glow that I had when I returned from my honeymoon years ago, and until Earthshine, I hadn't been able to replicate that warm Caribbean glow. MAGIC!

Fiberluver

I love MSF's as well - I think I have 35 or so - not including b/ups.
From HC: Earthshine was my absolute fave.
I'm waiting for Metal Rock though.
Getting that one in my stash would truly be icing on the cake.

MACina

My fave from HC is Star Wonder followed by Light Year and Earthshine.

CotU is my least favorite MSF from this collection.

Earthshine is such a unique color in my collection
heart.gif

Pinkdollface

I use Earthshine the most, but my favorite colour is Star Wonder. Talking about MSF's makes me want to purchase Porcelain Pink too. Should I do it?

TheLadyDanger

I use Earthshine the most, but my favorite colour is Star Wonder. Talking about MSF's makes me want to purchase Porcelain Pink too. Should I do it?
I have Porcelain Pink and honestly it is not as pigmented as the other MSF's I've tried (Light Year, Stereo Rose, Soft & Gentle). I am about NC 30-35 and it leaves a "barely" hint of glow where I have to really work and layer to product to get a highlight. I think lighter skin tones would look best in it -- so I say try it.
bigstar.gif

martiangurll

iagree.gif
It's a very unusual color that is great for special occasions.
Highlight only or do you have another use for it?

BTW, I think it is quite the testament to this HC collection that months later and even with an impending special packaging collection approaching, we are still dishing praise on it.

lilinah

I thought you would have bought seven of the nine, okay, that is just a bad joke. If I track down Bright Moon, I will be on Team 9 (all the MES) as well.
Well, i have 7 of 9 !

... of the e/s that is.

I only got 5 when HC came out. Then in the past month i've gotten Universal Appeal (gold, bronze, violet melange) and Invincible Light (icy white, lavender, warm gold melange).

The two i don't have are Aurora (peach, green, brown melange) and Water (green-gold, turquoise, cobalt melange). I just don't see ever getting Water, the black with navy sparkles blends too dark for my taste, but i'm debating Aurora. It blends coppery and i already have a modest number of copper shadows, but the thing with these swirly babies is that the color is variable, which gives them dimension unlike a solid color shadow, so i may cave.

Sky is kinda bright in the pan - but i just couldn't resist - and it goes on as a sheer teal with green-gold sparkle, so it's more usable than it looks.

Bright Moon is much more muted than Sky because the lavender-grey swirls tone down the aqua. I wear it on the lid, but not in the crease, or in the crease, but not on the lid. Don't want too much of a good thing.

BTW, I think it is quite the testament to this HC collection that months later and even with an impending special packaging collection approaching, we are still dishing praise on it.

You are so right. This was such an amazing collection. Colors for every skin tone and for taste conservative to wild!

liba

Sky is kinda bright in the pan - but i just couldn't resist - and it goes on as a sheer teal with green-gold sparkle, so it's more usable than it looks.

Bright Moon is much more muted than Sky because the lavender-grey swirls tone down the aqua. I wear it on the lid, but not in the crease, or in the crease, but not on the lid. Don't want too much of a good thing.

You are so right. This was such an amazing collection. Colors for every skin tone and for taste conservative to wild!
I was very conservative with the shadows from HC. I only got Invincible Light, Aurora and Sky! There were others I liked but couldn't justify, considering there were many that were very near repeats from Semi-Precious and Naturally, which I really went to town on - admittedly mostly a bit better texture than SP, but not enough for me.

Of the ones I did get, Sky is definitely the most swinging. Don't be afraid to use it. Here's what I do: Line waterlines with B Greasepaint stick (the rich blue one from DSquared) and smudge all around lash lines. Apply Sky with a flat brush to the lid only, keeping the line very sharp, instead of blended into the crease. Finish with blue mascara. Voila! I've also used the gold crushed metal pigment from Surf the Ocean in the crease dry, blended up towards the brow so it's very sheer, to intensify this look further. The main thing is to avoid strong or cool colored blush, just use some bronzer with eyes like this, and use either a purple lip (I was use Heroine or Go For It, though Strong Woman would be great too), red lip like Scarlet Ibis to be extra crazy, or a really soft lip, like Venus or a soft colored cremesheen glass alone. I got one with lots of cobalt blue in it…..love it!

And yes, this was a fantastic collection with something for everyone!

Seven Of Nine

I was very conservative with the shadows from HC. I only got Invincible Light, Aurora and Sky! There were others I liked but couldn't justify, considering there were many that were very near repeats from Semi-Precious and Naturally, which I really went to town on - admittedly mostly a bit better texture than SP, but not enough for me.

Of the ones I did get, Sky is definitely the most swinging. Don't be afraid to use it. Here's what I do: Line waterlines with B Greasepaint stick (the rich blue one from DSquared) and smudge all around lash lines. Apply Sky with a flat brush to the lid only, keeping the line very sharp, instead of blended into the crease. Finish with blue mascara. Voila! I've also used the gold crushed metal pigment from Surf the Ocean in the crease dry, blended up towards the brow so it's very sheer, to intensify this look further. The main thing is to avoid strong or cool colored blush, just use some bronzer with eyes like this, and use either a purple lip (I was use Heroine or Go For It, though Strong Woman would be great too), red lip like Scarlet Ibis to be extra crazy, or a really soft lip, like Venus or a soft colored cremesheen glass alone. I got one with lots of cobalt blue in it…..love it!

And yes, this was a fantastic collection with something for everyone!
Good idea
thmbup.gif

Pinkdollface

I have Porcelain Pink and honestly it is not as pigmented as the other MSF's I've tried (Light Year, Stereo Rose, Soft & Gentle). I am about NC 30-35 and it leaves a "barely" hint of glow where I have to really work and layer to product to get a highlight. I think lighter skin tones would look best in it -- so I say try it.
bigstar.gif
The thing is I have swatched it a couple of times already at my counter. I know it will show up, but I also have Light Year, By Candlelight, Light Flush MSF's which while not exact dupes are very similar. And still I can't get it out of my head what to do what to do?
hmm.gif
Thanks for your input though:)

Audrey C

I have a light year msf that I only touched once, I'm thinking I might get rid of it!
I haven't worn mine since the late summer, but I'm sure I'll reach for it again when the weather gets warm. Do you tend to use different finishes in different seasons?

Fiberluver

The thing is I have swatched it a couple of times already at my counter. I know it will show up, but I also have Light Year, By Candlelight, Light Flush MSF's which while not exact dupes are very similar. And still I can't get it out of my head what to do what to do?
hmm.gif
Thanks for your input though:)
Uh- I have all of those as well. Personally I think PorPink is closer to BC but not by much. PorPink is unique. You should get it if you know you are going to use it.

MACina

iagree.gif
.....better buy it than getting skipper' s remorse.

I do also have all of those MSFs and I do not want to miss PP in my collection.

Uh- I have all of those as well. Personally I think PorPink is closer to BC but not by much. PorPink is unique. You should get it if you know you are going to use it.

Slimmycakes

Quote: Originally Posted by Medgal07
Earthshine is the only MSF that I've ever gotten a BU for. I get the glow that I had when I returned from my honeymoon years ago, and until Earthshine, I hadn't been able to replicate that warm Caribbean glow. MAGIC!

Caved in and purchased...you're the ultimate enabler.Thank you.