MAC Heavenly creature discussion

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
I love how you worked in products from multiple collections.

Thanks. I organize my makeup by color, so related colors from various collections are in there side by side and back to front, so to speak. I am also weird and leave things in boxes for the most part - so it;s easier to see their names.

I have to say I have neglected this collection lately. I do wear Light Year a lot and I have just started using Star Wonder a lot as well. I will have to revisit the other products from this collection. I still think it was the best collection this year.

I absolutely agree! I didn't buy everything -- skipped the lip stuff -- but i got about 3/4 of all the mineralized items. I've worn the face/cheek stuff most, but i haven't forgotten the eye things. I love that the colors are a little unpredictable - one eye may not be exactly the same as the other.

MACina

I leave most of the things in their boxes too for exact the same reason.It is way easier to find want I am looking for then!

And it looks tidy...I need tidiness in my stash
blush-anim-cl.gif

Thanks. I organize my makeup by color, so related colors from various collections are in there side by side and back to front, so to speak. I am also weird and leave things in boxes for the most part - so it;s easier to see their names.

I absolutely agree! I didn't buy everything -- skipped the lip stuff -- but i got about 3/4 of all the mineralized items. I've worn the face/cheek stuff most, but i haven't forgotten the eye things. I love that the colors are a little unpredictable - one eye may not be exactly the same as the other.

Audrey C

I never reach for my Magnetic Attraction; I have both Expensive Pink and Mythology so I feel like it was a bit superfluous. Mine doesn't have as much orange as I'd have liked; I'll have to give it another try.

Debbs

I never reach for my Magnetic Attraction; I have both Expensive Pink and Mythology so I feel like it was a bit superfluous. Mine doesn't have as much orange as I'd have liked; I'll have to give it another try.
Please give it another try however use a cream color base like Shell and spray Fix+ to your brush. It will look beautiful!!! I have MAs with light swirls (golden-nudish sheen) and bright pink,gold and orange swirls. I actually love both looks and think it is amazing how different one eyeshadow can look based on color distribution

Fiberluver

^ Debbs,

That's a great idea for the MA!

Mine hasn't been getting much love either since Marilyn Monroe took over my life!

StarrySim

This was hands down my favourite collection of 2012. I got 4 items, which is a lot for me - Star Wonder, Astral, Fire Sign and Venus (both lippies B2M). Nothing has been inspiring me much lately, but looking forward to 2013.

Audrey C

Please give it another try however use a cream color base like Shell and spray Fix+ to your brush. It will look beautiful!!! I have MAs with light swirls (golden-nudish sheen) and bright pink,gold and orange swirls. I actually love both looks and think it is amazing how different one eyeshadow can look based on color distribution
I pulled it out today to try again.

I patted on Magnetic Attraction (with a damp 239) on the outer 2/3 of my lid, applied A Natural Flirt to my inner 1/3 and used Swiss Chocolate lightly in the outer corner and just above the crease. I then applied a thin line of MA with a 209 under my lower lashes and applied Rich Ground to my upper lash line and lightly under my lower lash before adding mascara. A bit of Indie Spirit to my brows and I'm done.

I'm happy with the look; I paired it with NARS South Beach multiple as blush/highlight and Chicory liner/Strictly Plutonic gloss. A slightly glowy, but not over the top look.

I'll have to work at bringing MA into rotation more often; I have so many e/s now that I often leave some by the wayside for months at a time.

Icecaramellatte

I pulled it out today to try again.

I patted on Magnetic Attraction (with a damp 239) on the outer 2/3 of my lid, applied A Natural Flirt to my inner 1/3 and used Swiss Chocolate lightly in the outer corner and just above the crease. I then applied a thin line of MA with a 209 under my lower lashes and applied Rich Ground to my upper lash line and lightly under my lower lash before adding mascara. A bit of Indie Spirit to my brows and I'm done.

I'm happy with the look; I paired it with NARS South Beach multiple as blush/highlight and Chicory liner/Strictly Plutonic gloss. A slightly glowy, but not over the top look.

I'll have to work at bringing MA into rotation more often; I have so many e/s now that I often leave some by the wayside for months at a time.
This sounds very pretty. I will try A Natural Flirt with Magnetic Attraction.

duckrodeo

Any dupes for Celestial Kiss? Mine is almost gone
ssad.gif
TIA
It's not listed in the goodbye section with star quality and galaxy rose, but it is still available on the MAC site:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/166/4384/Products/Lips/Lipglass/Cremesheen-Glass/index.tmpl

HTH! :)

duckrodeo

Also, Imperial Light cremesheen glass from the cremesheen+pearl line seems to be a little similar, though it has a golden sheen.

Jenrbelt

martiangurll

Thanks for this! I backed up Meteoric, but never thought Celestial Kiss would become such a favorite. Love it with Creme d'nude. Now I have an excuse to get the Divine Blue ES from Glamourdaze that has been in my cart for days!
bouquet.gif
I LOL'd at that because I have had the same item in my cart & just can't do it. I have also wondered about getting Bright Moon MES from this HC collection as well. I just hardly ever reach for blue e/s but it usually looks okay. I think Paula Begouin has me paranoid about wearing blue e/s and I need to get over it.

Jenrbelt

I LOL'd at that because I have had the same item in my cart & just can't do it.  I have also wondered about getting Bright Moon MES from this HC collection as well.    I just hardly ever reach for blue e/s but it usually looks okay.  I think Paula Begouin has me paranoid about wearing blue e/s and I need to get over it.
I am the same way about blue. I kept telling myself that if I wore a blue from one of my palettes, I could buy Divine Blue. The Sephora Cinderella palette has 3-4 blues I've never even touched! Oh well, Divine Blue just has that special something that just might push me over the blue edge!

andabri

This was hands down my favourite collection of 2012. I got 4 items, which is a lot for me - Star Wonder, Astral, Fire Sign and Venus (both lippies B2M). Nothing has been inspiring me much lately, but looking forward to 2013.
me too! I got ALL of the blushes and MSFs. and a few lipsticks, eyeshadows, and gloss. I have never hauled that much from any collection of any brand. I even bought a backup of light year. which I am still obsessed with. I rarely ever buy backups.

MACina

I am still in love with all the goodies I got from HC too
eyelove.gif

Earthshine and Stratus are 2 of the most unusual colors I got in 2012.Especially Earthshine!
I am really surprised how much I love it
heart.gif

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by martiangurll
...I have also wondered about getting Bright Moon MES from this HC collection as well. I just hardly ever reach for blue e/s but it usually looks okay. I think Paula Begouin has me paranoid about wearing blue e/s and I need to get over it.

LOL! I always read her stuff before buying any skin care - i don't need to irritate my rosacea! And i care what she writes about something like foundation, because it covers so much skin. But i don't agree with much of what she says about lip and eye colors and finishes. She's into a very muted neutral look. Me, i like bright colors and sparkle.

As for Bright Moon - it isn't really blue blue, it isn't intensely turquoise, it's not dark, it's not cobalt, it's not really bright. It's sort of between blue and green, light, and muted by the lavender-grey in it. Plus it can be given a sheer application.
And you won't need to worry about looking like Mimi from the Drew Carey show, as long as you just don't use it all the way from lashes to brow
icon_eek.gif

If you use Bright Moon only as an accent color, you won't look like horrible makeup from the later 1950s/early 60s - that look was exciting and revolutionary for a few minutes, then it became a parody of itself. You can wear Bright Moon with cool colored shadows, warm colors, or neutrals - each will make it look a little different - and, of course, what your magical swirls are like and how you blend them.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by andabri
me too! I got ALL of the blushes and MSFs. and a few lipsticks, eyeshadows, and gloss. I have never hauled that much from any collection of any brand. I even bought a backup of light year. which I am still obsessed with. I rarely ever buy backups.

I've never hauled so much from any other collection, either. I skipped the orangey and hot pink MSFs and blushes, the lip stuff, and a few e/s, although i'm now buying most of the ones i skipped. And i didn't get any BUs.

Mineralize Skinfinish
Light Year - Peachy pink with gold shimmer
Star Wonder - Plummy pink with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments
Earthshine - Tarnished bronze with gold pearlized pigments and pink reflects

Mineralize Blush
Solar Ray - Peach and gold melange
Stratus - Amethyst and golden brown melange

Mineralize Eye Shadow
Earthly - Beige, peach and cool brown melange
Magnetic Attraction - Orange, pink and gold melange
Neo Nebula - Cream, warm amethyst and warm pink melange
Universal Appeal - Gold, bronze and violet melange
Bright Moon - Grey, silver and icy green melange
Sky - Green gold, turquoise and cobalt melange
=> Invincible Light - Icy white, lavender and warm gold melange - in my MAC shopping cart

Aurora - i may get - it's still at my local MAC

lilinah

Martiangurll, if you're really worried about excessive turquoise blue eyeshadow, Sky (green gold, turquoise and cobalt melange) is the one to skip, although it can be made to behave...