MAC Heavenly creature discussion

lilinah

Hmmm, wait just a mimmit! i got close with my Glamour Daze haul... i got 11 things (no lip products, mostly eye things and EDSF) and i have a 12th sitting in my MAC shopping cart - gulp!

I did skip or only get one or three things from many other collections, and i haven't been buying much from any other cosmetic lines. So far none of the 2013 collections i know about is really exciting me until fall - but i'm sure MAC will spring some surprises. For now i'm basking in my Heavenly Creature and Glamour Daze beauties.

MACerette

At first I was so sure I would skip HC, but in the end I got all 4 MSF's (yes, even ES which I hated at first), Stratus, Solar Ray and Ring of Saturn blush and Sky, Water and Earthly MES,,, Oh, and I got Venus l/s too after all the raves.

Corally

I recently swapped my Solar Ray away, I was so disappointed with it! And I regret getting a BU of Centre of the Universe, I still like CotU but seriously.. I will never finish my first one. Still liking my HC goodies! :heart:

Audrey C

I'm going to swap my Star Wonder away - it's just too pink for me. I think I've worn it twice. I think I got carried away in my HC love. LOL

Medgal07

I'm going to swap my Star Wonder away - it's just too pink for me. I think I've worn it twice. I think I got carried away in my HC love. LOL
Honest to goodness, it seems like HC was many years ago. I'm still using the products--HMAO, but there have been numerous collections since and this stuff just seems old now--lovely, but old. That's pretty sad because HC was not that long ago. I have to keep an inventory document because I often have bouts of 'COLLECNESIA,' the condition of forgetting about a collection and its' product specifics. It's a temporary condition but troubling none the less, and it comes on when one is bombarded with multiple collections, usually in rapid succession. What's next? Oh yeah, Archie's Girls!
th_crazy2.gif

Fiberluver

I skipped so many collections since HC was released because I simply don't need to have all of those products laying around. I just started digging into things I purchased from the Cindy Sherman collection Fall 2011!!!

My HC stuff has been on the back burner. I swear MM has taken over my life - my mu universe!

I need to pick up the pace with using stuff up.

I'm not going to purchase anything from MAC for a long while.

Audrey C

Honest to goodness, it seems like HC was many years ago. I'm still using the products--HMAO, but there have been numerous collections since and this stuff just seems old now--lovely, but old. That's pretty sad because HC was not that long ago. I have to keep an inventory document because I often have bouts of 'COLLECNESIA,' the condition of forgetting about a collection and its' product specifics. It's a temporary condition but troubling none the less, and it comes on when one is bombarded with multiple collections, usually in rapid succession. What's next? Oh yeah, Archie's Girls!
th_crazy2.gif
2012 was the year I went hogwild with makeup. I've now gone through a full year of seasons, so I don't expect to buy nearly as much this year. I have a pile of summer lippies, blushes and highlighters waiting for the change in season; there are only so many shades so I am planning to just buy the odd item I fall in love with this year. I have a really solid base.

I skip a lot of collections; I bought five items from AC but hadn't bought anything since Style Seeker before that (or Marilyn, whichever came later). I only expect to buy one item from Archie (and a couple of gift items). I'm out of space and colours/finishes to buy, so I'm going to focus on trying to make a dent in what I purchased last year. :)

Seven Of Nine

At first I was so sure I would skip HC, but in the end I got all 4 MSF's (yes, even ES which I hated at first), Stratus, Solar Ray and Ring of Saturn blush and Sky, Water and Earthly MES,,, Oh, and I got Venus l/s too after all the raves.
And I too at first I was so sure I would skip eyeshadows from HC, but in the end I got all 9 MES
lol.gif
Solar Ray and Venus lipstick.

Yazmin

th_crazy2.gif

2012 was the year I went hogwild with makeup. I've now gone through a full year of seasons, so I don't expect to buy nearly as much this year. I have a pile of summer lippies, blushes and highlighters waiting for the change in season; there are only so many shades so I am planning to just buy the odd item I fall in love with this year. I have a really solid base.

I skip a lot of collections; I bought five items from AC but hadn't bought anything since Style Seeker before that (or Marilyn, whichever came later). I only expect to buy one item from Archie (and a couple of gift items). I'm out of space and colours/finishes to buy, so I'm going to focus on trying to make a dent in what I purchased last year. :)
I'm trying to do the same. I have a 3-tiered train case, a Zuca backpack, and a few of the large vinyl (?) material MAC bags FULL of brand new makeup that I haven't even gotten to yet. I'm planning to start organizing it all this weekend, perhaps finding more things to add to my sale, and catalog the rest.

My hope for 2013 is that I can be more scrutinizing when it comes to new makeup purchases....which will begin after I go to IMATS
whistle.gif

Medgal07

I'm trying to do the same. I have a 3-tiered train case, a Zuca backpack, and a few of the large vinyl (?) material MAC bags FULL of brand new makeup that I haven't even gotten to yet. I'm planning to start organizing it all this weekend, perhaps finding more things to add to my sale, and catalog the rest.

My hope for 2013 is that I can be more scrutinizing when it comes to new makeup purchases....which will begin after I go to IMATS
whistle.gif
girlhaha.gif
Well said--takes real effort right? Join the challenge! http://www.specktra.net/t/181602/theme-makeup-with-a-purpose/180#post_2318951

MACina

I want to be more picky with new lipsticks and lipglosses.I have to be strong,I have to be strong,I have to be strong.....

whistle.gif

MACina

Medgal, that is a great thread
thmbup.gif

I spotted it only recently!

Sounds so familiar. Way too much stuff to keep organized, sorted and used. We agree--take a look http://www.specktra.net/t/181602/theme-makeup-with-a-purpose/180#post_2318951
girlhaha.gif
Well said--takes real effort right? Join the challenge! http://www.specktra.net/t/181602/theme-makeup-with-a-purpose/180#post_2318951

MACerette

The last couple of months I have been going through my stash, picking up some stuff that wasn't getting any love. It feels so good to rediscover gems in your stash and indeed, actually using them (hopefully using them up one day). It's like falling in love, all over again....:eyelove:

MACina

iagree.gif
.....those are always amazing moments ->
th_e2cloud9.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif

The last couple of months I have been going through my stash, picking up some stuff that wasn't getting any love. It feels so good to rediscover gems in your stash and indeed, actually using them (hopefully using them up one day). It's like falling in love, all over again....
eyelove.gif

Medgal07

The last couple of months I have been going through my stash, picking up some stuff that wasn't getting any love. It feels so good to rediscover gems in your stash and indeed, actually using them (hopefully using them up one day). It's like falling in love, all over again....
eyelove.gif
Totally! I adore Stereo Rose but decided to give it a rest and use Rose Quartz and some of my other favorite MSFs.

liba

i love pearl and actually hate rose quartz
th_dunno.gif
Me too, I didn't even bother getting Rose Quartz. Out of the other three, it's really hard to say I have a favorite. Pearl is the most versatile, but when I have a tan going, Goldstone is the only game in town. And then there's Crystal Pink, which is probably my favorite MSF, period - it's very unusual and is so amazing for late summer and fall.

From Heavenly Creatures, the only one I didn't get was Earthshine, which just was the wrong brown for me. Center of the Universe totally works, though. I'm using Light Year a lot lately, but my favorite has to be Star Wonder, which I was able to use all over when I was very tan and is now a great little blush. I don't think I'm going to try for such a deep tan this year, but I'm one of those people that feels healthier when I get plenty of sunshine.