MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

Audrey C

Don't tell anyone over in the Heavenly Critters thread, but I bought more from Hey Sailor than HC and I think I liked it better. Maybe it was the special packaging. Not sure, but I liked almost all of the products in HS. I am not sure I can make the nude lip pencil work for me, but everything else was gorgeous, best Summer collection in a long time.
I bought much more from HS as well - I liked this collection a lot and never go a week without reaching for Sun Dipped, Fleet Fast and Sail la Vie. Great summer colours.

LadyMisfit

I got Fleet Fast blush, Jaunty e/s, and 2 Red Racer l/s. I have been using everything almost daily.
eyelove.gif

I'm obsessed with the bronzing powder in Soft Sand!
It's the perfect sun-kissed, Summer look for my skin tone. I'm wanting to try Refined Gold, but people are saying it's very similar to Soft Sand? I'll have to try it on.

I'm hoping to get the Salute! lipstick tomorrow. I love the color, so I'm really excited to see how I can use this for neutral looks.

PixieDancer

I bought much more from HS as well - I liked this collection a lot and never go a week without reaching for Sun Dipped, Fleet Fast and Sail la Vie. Great summer colours.

I think I hauled from both HS and HC the same.... But I'm with you ladies on the love for HS! Lots of these products have quickly become staples! And that's saying a lot considering it's a Summer Collection... usually the things in these collections are so seasonal, but I will be using these goodies longgggg after Summer's over...

MACerette

I'm obsessed with the bronzing powder in Soft Sand!
It's the perfect sun-kissed, Summer look for my skin tone. I'm wanting to try Refined Gold, but people are saying it's very similar to Soft Sand? I'll have to try it on.

I'm hoping to get the Salute! lipstick tomorrow. I love the color, so I'm really excited to see how I can use this for neutral looks.
No, refined golden is darker and redder...

... and it has a lot more glitter in it.
Yeah I was at MAC today and tried on Refined Gold... it's completely different.
I was reading reviews and several people actually said the two bronzers were too similar, but I didn't see it...
I guess it all has to do with each individual's skin tone.

CartoonChic

I love the Hey, Sailor! collection as well. I've been thinking about getting Cut Loose for a while now. It's not a typical shade since it looks white in the tube, so I wasn't worried about it selling out quickly. Is it essential? I haven't seen enough swatches of it in use to decide. I know it adds gold shimmer to your lips. I already have Ruffian Gold lipstick, so is it basically the same effect in gloss form?

liba

I love the Hey, Sailor! collection as well. I've been thinking about getting Cut Loose for a while now. It's not a typical shade since it looks white in the tube, so I wasn't worried about it selling out quickly. Is it essential? I haven't seen enough swatches of it in use to decide. I know it adds gold shimmer to your lips. I already have Ruffian Gold lipstick, so is it basically the same effect in gloss form?
Cut Loose is pretty interesting - like the other lip glasses in HS, it's got that really dense, glossy texture with lots of pigment. It's NOT sheer at all, unlike a lot of other white glosses. Used by itself, it really makes the lips look white - the gold wasn't too obvious on me, trying it in indoor light.

I thought it looked crazy good on top of Salute!, so if you adore that one, you'll get plenty of use out of Cut Loose. I thought it was a bit too extreme to wear on its own for me though - it made me feel like a club kid at some underground rave in 1992
flower.gif

Cut Loose is pretty interesting - like the other lip glasses in HS, it's got that really dense, glossy texture with lots of pigment. It's NOT sheer at all, unlike a lot of other white glosses. Used by itself, it really makes the lips look white - the gold wasn't too obvious on me, trying it in indoor light.

I thought it looked crazy good on top of Salute!, so if you adore that one, you'll get plenty of use out of Cut Loose. I thought it was a bit too extreme to wear on its own for me though - it made me feel like a club kid at some underground rave in 1992
flower.gif
I LOVE Salute! Favorite lipstick in the HS collection.
I don't own Cut Loose yet, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to give it a try with that lipstick!

Yazmin

I only purchased about 5 items from HS. As for HC, I initially bought 9 things, went back for backups (7 more), and am about to go back for 6 more.

duckrodeo

Which collection do you all think was better? HS or HC?
I bought wayyyyy more from this collection, but HC is definitely more appealing to more people and thus the better collection!
I just loved the colors for HS and bought all the lippies, 3 of the 5 lipglasses, 3 eyeshadows, both blushes and Crew. I also got BUs of everything but Feeling Fresh and Barefoot e/s.

For HC, I bought all four MSFs, BUs of 3 out of the 4, 2 Blushes and one csg + 2 BUs. Not because I didn't love everything, but because I was trying to scale down on my buying for a little bit! I bought most of the shadows from Extra Dimension and have amassed a lot of lipsticks, so I tried to keep those items to things that were unique! MES I just don't reach for that often.

I use Jaunty almost every single day! So versatile.

Genn

for me HC haul with 15 items with 2 backups + 1 more b/u and eye brush. HS haul was 14 items including 167 brush with no backups.
ups. ED was 1 SF, 6 shadows and 2 brushes. Those are my big hauls. usually my hauls or 2 or 3 things.

bulbasaur359

Which collection do you all think was better? HS or HC?
Honestly I love both. They both have their strengths in different things. I got primarily lip products from HS and so far (I still want some MES, and hopefully a couple of lippies if anythings left when I get paid) only face products from HC. I have really enjoyed both collections. One of my favorite lippies SLV is from HS.

PrettyKitty

Shore Leave lip pencil is back in stock on the canadian site, I add it to my shopping cart and then when I'm ready to check out, it's not there! Anyone else see this?