MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

PRESIDENTslim

Just randomly... i walked into my MAC counter and asked if they had any more crew highlight powder... they had 1 LEFT!!! score! im almost half way through mine. its amazing on my skin as blush!!
yahoo.gif

Mac-Guy

Just randomly... i walked into my MAC counter and asked if they had any more crew highlight powder... they had 1 LEFT!!! score! im almost half way through mine. its amazing on my skin as blush!!
yahoo.gif
Woohoo. This sounds awesome, especially considering how long ago this collection was released.

PixieDancer

I'll add that So Chaud seems to be the exact color of Sai La Vie, except So Chaud is a matte finish.
Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind to try it!! Scarlet Ibis (repromoted in the upcoming Marilyn Collection) is pretty close too... AND one of the new MAC Matte formula lipsticks! Not drying at all... very creamy!

nudibelle

Anyone want to swap/sell for Sail la vie
Im never going to wear it, its just to bright for me
im not one with BRIGHT bright colors yet
with my summer tan its way too orange on me
i put it on makeuapalley (same name)
maybe one of you ladies would like

duckrodeo

Sail La Vie, Crew and Launch Away are all listed as available on the US MAC site! Jump on them if you've missed out!

edit to add: All the lipglasses, too!

LadyMisfit

I would try some lip balm prior to application. I flippin love Red Racer and ended up buying a back up of it. I don't find it to be drying on my lips but did however have that problem wearing Sail La Vie. Enjoy your lipstick.
I bought Red Racer lipstick and I adore it. Although I find it a little bit drying.

martiangurll

I also prefer HS over HC. If I had to pick one collection, it would be HS, especially as the PLW bronzers are fantastic. I also love the MSF's I got from HC. But, of course, I am elated that I got products from both collections. Ultimately, it's hard to compare these two collections as the products are very different.
I would agree with that, but I haven't finished sampling all my HC products yet, so it isn;t a fair comparison. But the bronzers are great and I use Crew almost every day. I am wearing TCAS lippy today too. I think it is my favorite frost lippy.

Fiberluver

The only thing I made off with from this collection is Jaunty e/s.

I just wasn't feeling it.

The l/s were nice but nah.

I really enjoyed the previous 2 summer collections.

prettygirl

Hey ladies. I know I'm bringing up an old collection.. but when I stopped by my counter the other day I noticed some Crew highlighting powder left over from this collection in their drawer. Are you guys loving it still? I'm really tempted to scoop one up. I did notice that it's still on Nordie's site though.. so maybe it wasn't THAT popular? TIA!!

Pinkdollface

Hey ladies. I know I'm bringing up an old collection.. but when I stopped by my counter the other day I noticed some Crew highlighting powder left over from this collection in their drawer. Are you guys loving it still? I'm really tempted to scoop one up. I did notice that it's still on Nordie's site though.. so maybe it wasn't THAT popular? TIA!!
I used it again this weekend and yes I do still love it! It's nice, because you can get different colours from it. If you're darker skinned it might not be as great, but for paler girls it's lovely.

murflegirl

Crew is the one thing I wanted but didn't get. It looked like it was beautiful. Might have to pick it up on Nordie's site!

OhSoJaded

In theory, I wanted to love Crew but unfortunately it's just way too cool toned for my skin. If I was made of money, I'd buy it just to look at it, haha. So pretty...