MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

martiangurll

bangdesk.gif

Yeah, that's too funny. I guess it's easier to repromote Naval Blue piggie two months in a row. ROFL.

Monsy

my list :

Lipstick 18,50€
SALUTE! - Neutral peach (amplified)
Lipglass 16,50€
BLESSEDLY RICH - Pale coral
Bronzing Powder 22€
SOFT SAND - Golden bronze with fine gold pearl
High-Light Powder 28€
CREW - Soft peachy cream with fine shimmer
Powder Blush 22€
FLEET FAST - Pinky, golden coral (satin)

mac_aiken

I'm a bit underwhelmed. The packaging is cute but the shades aren't that unique. I will take a closer look at the blushes and highlighter when it comes out but I have a feeling this will be an easy skip for me.

iheartmakeup412

Well my list for now Salute l/s Sal lavie l/s Riviera life l/g Blessedly rich l/g Shore love light l/p Barefoot e/s Fleet fast blush Depending on the swatches I may end up with only 1 lipstick and 1 l/g only for the packaging because everything sounds like something I already have in my collection.

sephoraholic

Ooooh I like the packaging!

Red racer l/s
Sail la vie l/s (as long as these lippies aren't too similar to hibiscus??)
Fleet fast blush
Gone sailing tote
One of the bronzing powders.... don't know which one! Can't wait for swatches

xasperadastra

Yep talking about shades this collection is nothing special but there are some things I'm interested in:
HANDFORGED - Metallic yellow gold (repromote)
EMERALD SEA - Kelly green
GONE SAILING TOTE

Fabulash

I need swatches or pics, cuz right now I want the whole collecting except the tote bag and the brush
omg.gif

kisou

When I went by Nordstroms today, I asked my MA about whether or not they'd be holding an event for this launch and she looked at me like a deer in the headlights :( she said they haven't even had any training on this and probably won't until the end of April. Will keep an eye out-- it's been a while since I've been to a launch event and they're always so much fun :3 (last one was To the Beach-- I still remember the half naked male models with snacks and yummy cocktails!)

Mac-Guy

When I went by Nordstroms today, I asked my MA about whether or not they'd be holding an event for this launch and she looked at me like a deer in the headlights :( she said they haven't even had any training on this and probably won't until the end of April. Will keep an eye out-- it's been a while since I've been to a launch event and they're always so much fun :3 (last one was To the Beach-- I still remember the half naked male models with snacks and yummy cocktails!)

There is a good chance that we'll get an event with half-naked sailors. Are you ready to rub in the beach oil?
graucho.gif
LOL

aradhana

i think with this collection i'm only interested in crew and possibly a blush...but it'll be difficult to justify any blushes after tres cheek!!

i do love the blue packaging and stripes!

liba

Not feeling too enticed by this collection. Sail La Vie sounds very fun and possibly also Riviera Life. Sun Dipped will probably be a great bronzer too. That'll probably be it for me, unless the highlight powder is really nice on the skin and not just in the pan.

I was never much of a nautical gal - i think my mother dressed me up in one too many sailor dresses when i was little
nope.gif

peachsuns

i think with this collection i'm only interested in crew and possibly a blush...but it'll be difficult to justify any blushes after tres cheek!!

i do love the blue packaging and stripes!

iagree.gif
I'm interested in highlight powder and a blush as well. I may check the lipsticks if they don't look similar to Hibiscus. Probably that's it.
amuse.gif

PixieDancer

Feeling like I may have done ok with only picking up 4 new blushes from RS and TC! Now I can justify buying more face products from HS!

My initial list:

Lipstick 18,50€
SAIL LA VIE - Bright mid-tone orange (satin)

Lipglass 16,50€
RIVIERA LIFE - Bright tangerine
BLESSEDLY RICH - Pale coral

Pro Longwear Lip Pencil 20€
SAUNTER - Pale nude beige
SHORE LEAVE Light - vibrant coral

Eyeshadow 17€
BAREFOOT - Tarnished gold (veluxe pearl)
JAUNTY - Light yellow beige (frost)

Powerpoint Eye Pencil 16,50€
HANDFORGED - Metallic yellow gold (repromote)
EMERALD SEA - Kelly green

Bronzing Powder 22€
SOFT SAND - Golden bronze with fine gold pearl

High-Light Powder 28€

Powder Blush 22€

Suntint SPF20 Liquid Lip Balm 18€
AU ROSÉ - Poppy coraly pink with gold pearl

Brush 167SH Face Blender 42€

GONE SAILING TOTE 38€

peachsuns

Not feeling too enticed by this collection. Sail La Vie sounds very fun and possibly also Riviera Life. Sun Dipped will probably be a great bronzer too. That'll probably be it for me, unless the highlight powder is really nice on the skin and not just in the pan.

I was never much of a nautical gal - i think my mother dressed me up in one too many sailor dresses when i was little
nope.gif

You have a sweet mom, liba.
greengrin.gif

duckrodeo

Hmm, not a whole lot from this collection is jumping out at me quite yet, but I think as of right now I want:

Red Racer l/s
Shore Leave l/p
Jaunty e/s
Feeling Fresh e/s
Emerald Sea e/p
Crew highlighter
Fleet Fast blush

I loooove green so Feeling Fresh seems right up my alley, and Red Racer's description has really piqued my interest.
Salute looks kind of cute and Abalone sounds enticing as well, but if I were to buy this collection tomorrow, I'd probably be more than happy to be broke from my preliminary list :p

iadoremac

My List

Red Racer l/s
Sail la vie l/s
Riviera life l/g
Send me sailing l/g
barefoot e/s
feeling fresh e/s
nautical e/s
fleet fast blush
launch away blush

Mac-Guy

nope.gif
This will be our new LLB bronzer
flower.gif

Latest posts