MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

nikou

musings of a muse has all the information of the new hey sailor collection!
http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2012/03/mac-hey-sailor-collection-for-summer-2012.html#more-59463

sss215

Love the promo pic! Last years promo pics were grungy. These are fresh and retro, love them!!, I have colors similar to these already. I am going to check out the face charts and rock a few of these looks for the summer. So sad nothing is truly unique,in my opinion. I am going to grab 2 shadows though. Nautical and Jaunty. $30 from me, cheap haul :)

bstar

I have the G&I 167 brush. It is nice, not quite as soft as the 168 for example. Nice consistent shape though (no random hairs sticking out) and no fall out issues yet-I have only used it a few times though. I like the Crew Highlight powder. I need another highlight like a hole in the head but always get sucked in by embossing or colorful patterns!

martiangurll

well, after all that ranking on Naval pigment, I am sort of liking the packaging. Not sure I need a whole jar. If the peach lipstick is anything like Peachstock, it won't look so hot for me, and I am already up to my ears in nudes, but I do love the Amplified finish. I can't believe how much people are interested in the orange lipstick, usually colors like Morange don't sell and that is what it looks like to me, now their color descriptions are often off the mark, so maybe it will be a more coral (yellow) based red than true orange. I have to say, I really like the packaging of the lipsticks. Even though the shades don't sound appealing from the descriptions, if the frosty tan or peachy nude is appealing, I could easily want one.

The blushes look boring and I am not too excited about the powder bronzers, I will hold out for a cream bronzer or an MSF with a later collection.

Powerpoint eye pencils look so cute, but they just are not anything special for actual make up.

The tote is off the hook, I may commit a crime to get one of them. I hope they are available and can be held at the counter at Macy's!!! If not, I will have to stay awake and stalk the site to get one.

Shellcat

Lipstick

TO CATCH A SAILOR - Highly frosted tan (frost)
SALUTE! - Neutral peach (amplified)

Lipglass

CUT LOOSE - White gold with pearl
ORANGE TEMPERA - Pale peach (repromote)
BLESSEDLY RICH - Pale coral

Eyeshadow

BAREFOOT - Tarnished gold (veluxe pearl)
JAUNTY - Light yellow beige (frost)
FEELING FRESH - Bright green (frost) <-------- FINALLY GOING TO PICK UP FRESH FLARE INSTEAD
NAUTICAL - Navy Blue (satin) <------MAYBE

Powerpoint Eye Pencil

HANDFORGED - Metallic yellow gold (repromote)
EMERALD SEA - Kelly green
BLUE STRIPE - Dark navy
<--------MAYBE

Bronzing Powder

SOFT SAND - Golden bronze with fine gold pearl
Refined Golden- Hit pan on my current one about a week ago....might as well get a new one with this packaging :)

Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder

NUDE ON BOARD - Bronzy, yellow tone

High-Light Powder

CREW - Soft peachy cream with fine shimmer

Powder Blush

LAUNCH AWAY! - True peach (satin)
FLEET FAST - Pinky, golden coral (satin)
<----- DEFINITELY

167SH brush for sure

princess sarah

Thankyou for the link. I find it interesting how she has already marked it as a disappointment?

musings of a muse has all the information of the new hey sailor collection!
http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2012/03/mac-hey-sailor-collection-for-summer-2012.html#more-59463

Mac-Guy

... especially as she got her info just from another blog (with a tiny acknowledgment at the end), not from MAC itself. If she wants to be negative, let her be negative.

For my part, I'm thrilled about Hey, Sailor! and I'm sure it will sell well like most summer collections. There are a few gems that will certainly sell out immediately.

Mac-Guy

^Yep! I can imagine some products that are going to be sold out quick!

... as we speak, I'm already planning my BU list.
flower.gif

rosieposie75

My list so far:

Red Racer l/s
Salute! l/s
Orange Tempera l/g
Blessedly Rich l/g
Feeling Fresh e/s (maybe)
Barefoot e/s
Crew highlight powder
Fleet Fast and Launch Away! blush
and the tote bag :)

princess sarah

Yeh I always try and make note to specktra or whoever before and at the end of my blog posts with links.

I am very excited to see more of this as well, Im not a huge fan of the packaging but I am looking forward to a few of those eyeshadows and that BAG!

... especially as she got her info just from another blog (with a tiny acknowledgment at the end), not from MAC itself. If she wants to be negative, let her be negative.
For my part, I'm thrilled about Hey, Sailor! and I'm sure it will sell well like most summer collections. There are a few gems that will certainly sell out immediately.

OhSoJaded

I follow her blog and I noticed that she ALL ABOUT the Pantone oranges atm. IIRC, she's mentioned a few times that she really hoped that MAC would release an orange summer theme, but I think that's short sighted, given that it wouldn't appeal to EVERYONE. I personally am looking forward to Hey, Sailor!
yahoo.gif
I've disliked things in the past, but always after seeing them firsthand. I didn't care for her attitude, but that's her issue, not mine. BRING ON the summer collection, yay!