MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks so much, Octoberviolet! Everything looks so good. The one e/s looks like Rich Core (name?) from the first release. Oh no, the blush does look like a powder blush, I hear my wallet crying in the background too, LOL.

Dominique33

Thanks for posting, it looks really pretty ( and different from last year Glitter and Ice which I love too ! It was a great collection ! ). Holiday 2012 looks promising too !

Genn

The light one looks a lot like young venus to me in the display stand. I still need to get dark dare so Im ok with that being repromoted but the bright pink and blue colors look new.
th_confused_new.gif

Icecaramellatte

Raven! Yes! Love that color. I have been using it sparingly. It is a great color that should be added to the permanent line. Do you think the other one might be mystery? It looks like the packaging for this collection is shiny, or is that the lighting?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Raven! Yes! Love that color. I have been using it sparingly. It is a great color that should be added to the permanent line. Do you think the other one might be mystery? It looks like the packaging for this collection is shiny, or is that the lighting?
I did a google search for it right now, because I didn't know it. It really is a beautiful color. But I don't think I like the Khol Power formula, I only have Feline but don't like it at all, It's smeared all over the place in a matter of minutes. So even though the color of Raven is right up my alley, I'm probably skipping all the pencils. Wish they were Eye Khols, which I absolutely love.

HoneyMilk

I skipped a lot of ED so I am happy to pick up some repromotes there. I am not loving the shiny black packaging though. They could've done so much more!

Fiberluver

I did a google search for it right now, because I didn't know it. It really is a beautiful color. But I don't think I like the Khol Power formula, I only have Feline but don't like it at all, It's smeared all over the place in a matter of minutes. So even though the color of Raven is right up my alley, I'm probably skipping all the pencils. Wish they were Eye Khols, which I absolutely love.
I'm wondering if you set it with a black shadow, for instance, the pencil wouldn't smear?

I thought Kohl power were great for the smokey eye because you can smudge them?

I wouldn't put Feline on my waterline, though.

aradhana

Feline has a pretty unique formula compared to the other three kohl powers I own. Raven is one of my faves to apply to the lower lash lone...interchangeable w teddy, depending how smokey I want to look.

quiteviolet

I just saw this on Instagram. Tx to Shengsaw. This is from the glamourdaze holiday collection. Those lipsticks have my name written all over it. That blush. Those e/s. My wallet is crying hard right now, but I have the biggest smile on my face. I am still searching for a color story. Enjoy family Spectrettes!

[h=2][/h]
b7c22738f8d111e1b52912313820446d_7.jpg
Can't wait to Glam some model up with this new #MAC #GlamourDaze #collection. X

2012 Instagram, Inc.
seriously, i can't wait for this collection. good thing i don't have a lot of christmas shopping to do, so i won't feel guilty if i spent a lot on this collection. This collection better make up for all the flops they've had this year!!

xasperadastra

Thanks so much, Octoberviolet! Everything looks so good. The one e/s looks like Rich Core (name?) from the first releasse. Oh no, the blush does look like a powder blush, I hear my wallet crying in the background too, LOL.
Looking at all the pictures it really looks like Rich Core... there could also be young Venus and maybe the one down on the right in the display image may be grand galaxy...?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Feline has a pretty unique formula compared to the other three kohl powers I own. Raven is one of my faves to apply to the lower lash lone...interchangeable w teddy, depending how smokey I want to look.
Teddy is my favortite eye pencil ever.

califabulous

I'm sure it would help at least a little bit. Admittedly I haven't tried that, I only used it maybe 2-3 times and now it's lost somewhere in the depth of my stash, LOL. Haven't reached for it since because I was so disappointed with it. I probably should give it another try.
Wouldn't use it on my waterline either.

I think I remember reading on Specktra that the newer releases of it were different from the original one, that it's not as good as it used to be.

Teddy is my favortite eye pencil ever.
Feline is a beautiful black smearing mess. And yes it happens in a matter of minutes. I usually set it with black e/s and put concealer under my eye to minimize the problem. Also, I've used it in my waterline, to tight line, as a base for e/s all over the lid, top and lower lash lines. it is soooo black. oh and mine is one of the newer versions...i suppose...

Icecaramellatte

I haven't had any smearing issues with Raven or Mystery. I have Feline but have barely used it. I can't seem to get a straight line with it when I'm rushing in the morning. It seems really soft compared to the other pencils I have.