MAC - Ice Parade and Dazzlespheres Discussion

LMD84

i'm going to a mac counter tomorrow so will be able to check out the sets in 'real life' which will be fun! i want to have a nosey at the neutral lips kit :)

PixieDancer

FINALLY caved and bought the Pink lipgloss Dazzlesphere! I REALLY like the Dazzleglasses. The colors on the Cremesheens I'm still on the fence about.
Anyone have any good layering recs for the pink glosses from this set?

And in the spirit of pink glittery glosses, I stopped by Sephora and grabbed the Pink YSL gloss #3! I have to stop buying lipglosses!

LMD84

FINALLY caved and bought the Pink lipgloss Dazzlesphere! I REALLY like the Dazzleglasses. The colors on the Cremesheens I'm still on the fence about.
Anyone have any good layering recs for the pink glosses from this set?

And in the spirit of pink glittery glosses, I stopped by Sephora and grabbed the Pink YSL gloss #3! I have to stop buying lipglosses!

i never layer up the cremesheen glosses however i do layer those dazzleglass over pinky and purple lipsticks :)

MACcrazy

Went to MAC yesterday to attend a class going on at my counter with a friend, and I couldn't stop myself from picking up the Cool eyeshadow quad ( I already got the other 2 so they needed to become 1 big family!) and one of the MUA's was wearing the quad on her so and it looked too good to pass up (and I usually don't like blues) I did a quick look and decided that I may as well post it here with all my specktra gals and guys (love ya all!) Everything is from the Cool quad except the inner eye color (shimmermint)

LMD84

Went to MAC yesterday to attend a class going on at my counter with a friend, and I couldn't stop myself from picking up the Cool eyeshadow quad ( I already got the other 2 so they needed to become 1 big family!) and one of the MUA's was wearing the quad on her so and it looked too good to pass up (and I usually don't like blues) I did a quick look and decided that I may as well post it here with all my specktra gals and guys (love ya all!) Everything is from the Cool quad except the inner eye color (shimmermint)
you look so pretty!

liba

i never layer up the cremesheen glosses however i do layer those dazzleglass over pinky and purple lipsticks :)
Oh dear heart, you HAVE to try cremesheen glosses over cremesheen and lustre finish lipsticks, especially if they're just a touch lighter or darker than the gloss. One of my favorite lip combos this year was Looks Like Sin over One of a Kind (all the Semi-Precious combos were perfect, actually) and one of my favorite nude lip combos period is the one from In the Groove with Call My Bluff and You've Got It.

LMD84

Oh dear heart, you HAVE to try cremesheen glosses over cremesheen and lustre finish lipsticks, especially if they're just a touch lighter or darker than the gloss. One of my favorite lip combos this year was Looks Like Sin over One of a Kind (all the Semi-Precious combos were perfect, actually) and one of my favorite nude lip combos period is the one from In the Groove with Call My Bluff and You've Got It.
i shall give it a go then... but be warned i rarely layer up glosses! the feeling on my lips freaks me out when too much product is on them! with dazzleglass i'm fine but anything else... nope!

MACcrazy

you look so pretty!

Thanks lou
flower.gif
you do too!

PixieDancer

I'm on it! I'm not crazy about the Pink Chremesheen colors & was really hoping layering would do the trick. I used Like Venus over Speed Dial l/s today and liked it a lot. But, like Lou said, Dazzleglasses were meant for layering. I will try the light pink Chremesheens over a darker Chremesheen lipstick immediately!

UrbanSweetheart

you look gorgeous! =)

liba

i shall give it a go then... but be warned i rarely layer up glosses! the feeling on my lips freaks me out when too much product is on them! with dazzleglass i'm fine but anything else... nope!
I wouldn't much like wearing a c/s/g over a heavy, thick, dense lipstick - something light and semi-opaque would be much better. In fact, I was sort of scratching my head at the DG collection with those pro-longwear lipsticks paired with c/s/g....maybe they're thinking one or the other rather than layering them on top for a bolder or gentler look? It's either that or it's vinyl time.
th_rolleye0014.gif

LMD84

i had a go today! i wore fashion scoop over hue and it looked quite nice as well as not feeling too goopy! success!

liba

YAY! Beauty Success! I'm sure it looked great (I'm a big fan of Fashion Scoop). C/s/g are just sheer enough to smooth out any lip lines from the lipstick but not totally override the color - sometimes they even look better over a lipstick than on their own when they're the milky shades. You have much combo playing ahead, I forsee!