MAC - Ice Parade and Dazzlespheres Discussion

LMD84

The pigment whore in me wants these stackable sets but I just can't justify knowing how much of a pain they are to work with. Am really hoping to score these later at a discount at the CCO. Oh well, more money for Daphne and Gareth. (and maybe some BU of the BP from G&I plus perhaps the mineral brush set?) I am not really feeling these IP kits
i think the pigment sets look lovely but i just can't afford them.. plus yes they are a pain to work with... but such pretty colours!

SweetSarah

I saw Temptalia swatces of the pigments and didn't like them. But I swatched the plum set at the Mac store and once I saw seasonally cool it was LOVE. I like the other 3 pigments in that set too, but Seasonally Cool is just to die for. I haven't had any problems working with them, not even Light Violet. Love 'em!

LMD84

I saw Temptalia swatces of the pigments and didn't like them. But I swatched the plum set at the Mac store and once I saw seasonally cool it was LOVE. I like the other 3 pigments in that set too, but Seasonally Cool is just to die for. I haven't had any problems working with them, not even Light Violet. Love 'em!
yay! pleased you like them - once again it proves to try and swatch for yourself! :)

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
The only problem is when I do try and swatch for myself, I end up buying 2-3x as much.
girlhaha.gif

yay! pleased you like them - once again it proves to try and swatch for yourself! :)

liba

Good lord - i bought a pigment set the other day and for the life of me, i cannot get that sphere open. Trying to twist it off isn't working and brute force seems somewhere between pointless and really bad idea. did anyone else have this issue? it's making me feel pretty dumb.
fool.gif

macadee

lol dont feel dumb i was the same,i bought the blue ones and i struggled i did get it open after a few mins though :) which one did you get.

liba

lol dont feel dumb i was the same,i bought the blue ones and i struggled i did get it open after a few mins though :) which one did you get.
blue too - i was trying to resist, but when i swatched in person and saw the pink glitter in the charcoal grey and how smooth the white was and that violet blue, it tipped me over the edge. :)

i'll give it another try later when i'm feeling buff
hmm.gif

liba

good luck then im sure you will do it :)
if you create any good looks let me know please lol:)
One thing I know I'll be doing is using the white, purple, black and grey Big Bounce shadows as bases - those really worked great with my other Crushed Metal stacks - you can get a duochrome effect if you use a contrasting color, keeps the sheer quality of the effect and really makes the pigments apply smoothly and adhere well (better than oilier bases or Fix+, which makes them crusty).

Also, going to use the mattenes from Posh Paradise on the lips - Legendary, Seeds of Desire, Fresh Amour and Potent Fig are the ones I'm zeroing in on as the best matches.

SweetSarah

Ha ha! I couldn't open my pigments either! I finally pried it open with tweezers. Then I realized the twist off was the other way!
I bought plum. I fell in LOVE with Seasonally Cool.

LMD84

Good lord - i bought a pigment set the other day and for the life of me, i cannot get that sphere open. Trying to twist it off isn't working and brute force seems somewhere between pointless and really bad idea. did anyone else have this issue? it's making me feel pretty dumb.
fool.gif
no i really had to twist mine to open it! i felt like mac were teasing me by putting these pretty products in a globe i struggled to get into! :p

todays specktra video - Addicted to technology tag

MACcrazy

Mine too! I got all three, but it was worth it. I had to squeeze the see thru part in a little so it would bend and twist off a bit, wish it was easier to take off. lucky i love the colors so darn much

Rinstar

I got the coral and neutral lip sets and didn't have any trouble opening them. I just twisted the top half off.
I really love these sets!! I love cremesheen glasses though, so that's probably why!

HoneyMilk

Since mac was having the free overnight shipping I grabbed the coral set (should be here wednesday!)
I really want the other two sets as well, but I know I won't use all of the pink colors. SIGH.

HoneyMilk

Excuse my language but holy crap! 4 hours ago my package was in KY and now it's in my state.. on the truck to be delivered!
heart.gif
overnight shipping

HoneyMilk

Ooooo loving the coral set! maybe the neutral one will be mine...

EDIT: ok ok. just bought the other two sets. I'm done. done done done. this collection has made my wallet cry!

LMD84

Ooooo loving the coral set! maybe the neutral one will be mine...

EDIT: ok ok. just bought the other two sets. I'm done. done done done. this collection has made my wallet cry!
ha ha! now hide your credit card and step away from the computer!

Richelle83

LOL Lou, for some hiding the credit card won't work. I know my card and my husbands like I do our socials...will NEVER forget!