MAC Le Disko Collection (June 11/ June 18, 2015)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hi everyone. I've got a few scoops!

Yes, ED Shadows are being made perm - all that info up above is correct. It's only the shadows though. There are no blushes or skin finishes being offered in this collection.

Guess what else is being made perm…PATENTPOLISHES!! It's the entire color collection from last year plus the extra color that came with Sharon and they are PERM. No new colors, but hey PERM PATENTPOLISHES! I love that formula, so I'm plenty happy!

Also, guess what else is coming and ALL PERM??? A collection of about 20!! matte lipsticks, including a bunch of favorites from the past, including Runway Hit!!! Instigator!!! Steady Going!!! Flat Out Fabulous!!! I know some of these are retro-mattes and some are mattes, so please excuse I didn't peer so hard as to solve this. Maybe they will all just be called matte for the purpose of this collection? Even better are the new colors that are part of this collection…brace yourself, there will be STONE and WHIRL lipsticks!!!!! There is also a new deep vampy red, an "intense deep brown" which sounds awesome to me, a new peachy mocha and best yet, a DEEP NAVY BLUE matte that sounds absolutely to die for. I didn't pry for the release date, but it's part of the upcoming collections covered for summer 2015.

There are a bunch of Pro blushes that are going to be brought permanently to the main blush line, with a few new ones added, like a "soft mocha" and a chocolate brown, which I am very happy to see for WoC.

The tinted serum is coming out in June, which I am really excited about. Armani has something similar for a ghastly price, and doesn't even advertise the skincare aspect the way this one does. Unlike the new Lightful tinted moisturizers, it doesn't have SPF, but it's going to be amazing for folks who want a skincare based foundation solution. There will also be the serum alone without the tint. I've sworn by serums for my skin for years - nothing absorbs deep into the skin the way they do, so my opinion is "Be Excited". These were used all over the runways and look amazing.

Lastly, there is going to be a collection of Dazzleglasses and Dazzle Eyeshadows with a funky roller disco theme. Boys Go Crazy is coming back, if I recall correctly. The main thing are those Dazzle shadows. There are a ton of them - 15 maybe? It was a long list. Most have glittery sparkle in a contrasting color to the base color, so there are combos in there like grey with pink sparkle, deep blue purple with pink sparkle, purple with blue sparkle, burgundy with green sparkle (yes you read that one right), there's a deep teal blue green with sparkle and a black with sparkle with a wacky name like Roller Boogie (they all have roller disco names lol). There are also some pinks and neutrals too, but who cares haha! This collection also comes out in June. We saw some of these used on the runways since last year (There was a great eye done with one of these in pink combined with Phlox Garden at Jeremy Scott Spring 2014, if you want to look that up). These are strictly for going out and having summer fun. I'm not sure of the form factor on these, but I seem to recall the testers came in a tube with a doe foot applicator. Obviously, that very well could change.

If you are the type that like new formulas, there will be plenty to spend your money on through the end of June, which I think is about as far forward as these go. If you prefer full color collections with themes, Wash and Dry is pretty much it. I for one will be spending on the tinted serum, the new Huggables (all are LE), and plenty of glitter shadows and matte lippies ( sure they're perm, but I will want them NOW).

Release Dates for MAC
Online release date US:June 11, 2015
In store release date US: June 18, 2015

Online release date (international - canada, etc):
In store release date (international):

WHERE will this collection be available?

Special Packaging?

Will PRO discount apply?

Active shipping codes:

List of products
Dazzleglass:
Cherry Popping - Fuchsia with purple pearl
Phiff!
Rollergirl - Nude with pink pearl
Boys Go Crazy - Dark purple with blue undertone
Sugarrimmed - Milky pale pink with multipearl

Superslick Liquid Eye Liner:
Pure Show - Bright yellow gold pearl
Nocturnal - Bright silver pearl

247 Flat Shader Brush

Dazzleshadow:
Feel the fever with glitter-streaked Dazzleshadow in riotous hues. The rich, stay-true pigments adhere to the lid with minimal fallout, imparting eyes with a beautiful, twinkling sheen. The creamy, talc-free formula delivers a texture that’s the perfect union of cream and powder, creating a multidimensional, reflective surface that leaves lids looking dazzling yet delicate.

Boom Boom Room - Light burgundy with emerald sparkles
Slow/Fast/Slow - Bronze with red sparkles
Let's Boogie - Black with sparkles
Let's Roll - Red bronze with high sparkles
Last Dance - Peach beige with pink sparkels
She Sparkles - Light grey with silver sparkles
Try Me On - Deep blue green with sparkles
Get Physical - Purple with light blue sparkles
Feel the Fever - Deep blue purple with pink sparkles
Say It Isn't So - Dark gray with pink sparkles
I Like 2 Watch - Midtone brown with gold sparkles
Can't Stop, Don't Stop - Deep plum purple with sparkles

Active Link to the Collection:
https://www.maccosmetics.com//collections-le-disko

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
This theme is so fun. Love it!

Me too, I love the promo pic! Makes me want to break into a Baccara song.
dance.gif
girlhaha.gif

0.jpg

When it comes to the products, I think I will have to pass.

Quote: Originally Posted by Marsha Pomells

They need to bring back the dazzle lipsticks in this collection
werd.gif

Marsha Pomells

Me too, I love the promo pic! Makes me want to break into a Baccara song. :dancin:  :haha: When it comes to the products, I think I will have to pass. :werd:  
I love that song, it's in my Spotify playlist. Cadbury's have been using that song to promote quite a few of their chocolate bars. EDIT: the only thing that ruined that video was a still of Jimmy Saville at the end

bluelitzer

Dazzling collection! But I think I'm still good with sparkling e/s from Heirloom pressed pigments. How similar re the dazzle shadows and pressed pigments? I can't wait to see swatches!

B

Buffy89

Me too, I love the promo pic! Makes me want to break into a Baccara song.
dance.gif
girlhaha.gif

0.jpg
Ohhh I love those kinda songs! I guess I'm an old soul when it comes to music, lol. This makes me wanna listen to some ABBA and BeeGees.
I like sparkling eyeshadows, but I hope the formula's okay, at least with the right primer, so we won't have glitter ALL OVER our cheeks. The lime green/golden one (not sure about the auhentic color because of filters) looks promising to me.

liba

Dazzling collection! But I think I'm still good with sparkling e/s from Heirloom pressed pigments. How similar re the dazzle shadows and pressed pigments? I can't wait to see swatches!
The shadows may not be powder formula, from what we saw on the runways.