MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

luvlydee

This is exactly my list. I too was debating about Outre thinking it will neutralize the darkness around my eyes and match my skin, but i decided against it.

After flipping through the pages I missed in this thread, and checking out swatches people posted, my wishlist has severely shrunk:

-226 (just one)
-Carbonized

I'm debating on getting Outre and the Lady Grey quad. Outre looks close to my skin tone and could be a great blending color, plus I don't have an ochre color in my stash. I REALLY love the look of Hazy Day in the Lady Grey quad, but meh about the other colors. I hate the idea of buying a quad for one color but I was planning on depotting anyway and maybe I could swap/sell the other colors....hmm. Any dupes for Hazy Day?

mousygiggles

I think Offshoot looks more like One of a Kind. To me Gem of Roses is pinker. I have updated again...

Offshoot
Oh oh oh
Socialite
Mythical
Buttrnutty

MAYBE
Stunner
Street Cool

singer82

After seeing the promo pics from Posh Pardise I'm good with my small haul from this coll. But my list keeps changing arg! lol I'm thinking of knocking off the s/s's on my list, they are getting mixed reviews so I just dunno. But am rethinking Mythical cause of VV's look, damn! lol

Anybody that has any of the shadesticks on your list what are your reasons for wanting it? VV and Musing of a Muse has givin them great reviews but I've heard bad everywhere else. Just dunno what to do bout them.
001_unsure.gif

Adee

[quote name="singer82" url="/forum/thread/175976/mac-mac-me-over-discussion/1110#post_2152666"]
Anybody that has any of the shadesticks on your list what are your reasons for wanting it? VV and Musing of a Muse has givin them great reviews but I've heard bad everywhere else. Just dunno what to do bout them.
001_unsure.gif

[/quote] I like the shadesticks, and until I discovered paint pots I used to use beigeing as my base every day. You do have to warm them a little in your hand before using them though, which annoys some people. But I didn't mind. :) I only stopped using them when I found paint pots because the paint pots are easier to blend out. The shadesticks seem to stick a bit longer though. Whenever I use a shadestick as a base, it does not crease, slide, or fade until I take it off, regardless of what I do. I've even slept in it before and woken up with almost perfect eye makeup!!

singer82

Does anyone think Ohohoh lipstick is really warm, in KarlaSugars pics it does. Do you think it will look good on cool pale ladies?

Curly1908

Oh, oh, oh! seems better suited toward those with red/pink undertones and medium-to-dark skin tones IMHO. So personally, I don't think so, but makeup is an individual choice so rock what you like!

Does anyone think Ohohoh lipstick is really warm, in KarlaSugars pics it does. Do you think it will look good on cool pale ladies?

katred

Specktra Bestie

If you check the photos of the look that Vampy Varnish did with it, it seems like it works on pale ladies with cool undertones. It seems similar to O, but sheerer, which I've always found to be almost universally flattering.

Mac-Guy

my excitment for this collection had died down a bit now i have seen the posh paradise paint pots! lol!

Hahah, they better should wait with promo pics of all this new stuff when we are just about to splash $$$ for MMO.

Mac-Guy

It's still not on Pro, which is rather annoying. Thus I will wait until next week and buy it in store. Period. ... and I hope I won't change my mind on that :)

Prettypackages

oh where are the posh paradise pics!!! *jumping up and down excitedly*

After looking at Karla's pictures.
Carbonized looks like center stage from peacocky...
Social light is pretty
I like Stunner

did Karla have the quads or shadesticks?

xasperadastra

oh where are the posh paradise pics!!! *jumping up and down excitedly*

After looking at Karla's pictures.
Carbonized looks like center stage from peacocky...
Social light is pretty
I like Stunner

did Karla have the quads or shadesticks?
She should post something more today! she said so in the Mac me over Basics review

liba

runway (but i have too many reds.... and one is heartless....which might be too similar, what u guys think?)
Heartless is definitely more of a balanced red and way less blue. Also seems like Runaway Red is deeper too.

Personally, I didn't care for Heartless on me (NC15) - it didn't "pop" enough and looked too bog-standard. Was a much nicer red for deeper skin tones. Didn't bother to get it.

Runaway Red, on the other hand.....

I'm more picky about red lippies than any other color for some strange reason - they've got to look perfect with my skin tone, bring out my eyes, have the right texture and also be an unusual shade or finish, to boot. Otherwise, I feel like I'm wearing granny lipstick and just aged myself 10 years. Runaway Red will be the first red lipstick I've bought in years, if it fits my bill like I think it will. The last one I had was an old, old one from Hourglass that's been discontinued and all I rock currently is that spectacular red Dare To Wear, Bold 'n Brash (which I backed up!) and Strut Your Stuff from Peacocky, which I wasn't planning on getting, but looked surprisingly good on - can't wear that one with any eye makeup other than liner though...something about it. Runaway Red looks like it will be deep enough to allow for more varied eye looks - can't wait to test it out.