MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

singer82

Damn man, this collection has got me all over the place lol. I just cant set a list! Theres so many great collections coming this Fall. My coll isnt huge or anything but until I start making more money I need to cut down my lists as much as possible

So my FINAL list is...
Ohohoh l/s
Dark Envy f/l
Cakeshop s/s
Street Cool s/s
226 Brush
-Total: $89.00 not as bad as it was lol

Mythical- is close enough to the copper one from Tartan Tale
Lady Grey Quad- Its lovely, but not a must have
Social Light- I need to use the glosses I have now

Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and theyll still be around later

singer82

Now you get a chance to get something simular to the best shadow in the palette.
smiles.gif
th_wiggle2.gif

Edelmc

Oh I am torn about the evil eye quad...one of the earlier swatches made it look very pigmented and a couple of the shadows looked almost duo-chrome but the latest swatches show the shadows looking very patchy

Now that my list is growing does anybody think any of the following might be dupes...

Mythical = mythology
oh oh oh lipstick = o
runway red = russian red or ruby woo
seaside ccb = hush
stunner blush = possibly Nars orgasm
The pink and purple shadows from evil eye quad = a Nars duo that I dont know the name of (not much help I know!)

What do you think?

bis

^^ Temptalia mentioned in the comments that Runway Red is not like Russian Red, it's less bright. (Although I would not call RR bright)

xasperadastra

Oh I am torn about the evil eye quad...one of the earlier swatches made it look very pigmented and a couple of the shadows looked almost duo-chrome but the latest swatches show the shadows looking very patchy

Now that my list is growing does anybody think any of the following might be dupes...

Mythical = mythology
oh oh oh lipstick = o
seaside ccb = hush
The pink and purple shadows from evil eye quad = a Nars duo that I dont know the name of (not much help I know!)

What do you think?
Caravaggio?? (Italian painter, of course XD)

PinkBasset

Mythical = mythology
oh oh oh lipstick = o
seaside ccb = hush

What do you think?

They are not alike at least what I can see from pictures of Stunner, Nars Orgasm is peachier, darker and has that gold shimmer to it.

Mac-Guy

Mythical = mythology
oh oh oh lipstick = o
seaside ccb = hush

What do you think?
iagree.gif
In all swatches seaside looked like hush. I'm sure there is a difference when you see it in person, but probably not a big one.

rockin

Vampy Varnish has done a look using some of the products. Loving the lipstick! Stunner looks lovely, and so does Mythical

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/08/mac-me-over-mac-basics-collection-look/

Edelmc

Caravaggio?? (Italian painter, of course XD)

yep...thats the one..I compared online swatches and caravaggio seems brighter and with more shimmer. Evil eye loks deeper, darker and more of a matte finish
I hope that the evil eye shadows look like yuki's swatches cause they look fab!

Miss QQ

I'm excited to see Lady Grey quad, Mythical and Moleskin in person! I may get them if I like the texture and colour payoff. I haven't been excited for a Mac collection for a long time.

xasperadastra

yep...thats the one..I compared online swatches and caravaggio seems brighter and with more shimmer. Evil eye loks deeper, darker and more of a matte finish
I hope that the evil eye shadows look like yuki's swatches cause they look fab!
I asked Yuki if she has used a base...but she said she didn't... don't know what to think about the evil eye but since I already have vile violet (matte purple), I'm going to buy at last one pigment from Cindy Sherman (probably similar to the veluxe pearl shade in the quad) and I can find better bourgundy colors than Palace Pedigreed I'll skip that quad... Lady Gray is more unique IMO

bis

[quote name="ARmakeupjunkie" url="/forum/thread/175976/mac-mac-me-over-discussion/1080#post_2152420"] I guess I'm the only one that wants Evil Eye Quad.
[/quote] Nope, you are not alone.