MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

Mac-Guy

I'm second-guessing too. I am far less excited about it than I was about Semi Precious
ssad.gif

singer82

Oh yeah I forgot bout the 226 brush! I need a good crease brush and it sounds like a good brush I think I'm passing on Social Light l/g. It's pretty but not unique enough. Think ill pass on Tundra s/s too

pemily

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/08/mac-fall-2011-mac-basics-collection-swatches-photos-review/ Evil quad swatches, the e/s look better in this site!!'n

ladyarwen

Ruh roh...the more I look at the shadesticks, the more I DO want a couple. It's just that I've been watching panacea81's tutorials on Youtube for a few years now, and I remember when she used to either use Sharkskin or Beigeing as bases all the time. And a couple of her more recent tutorials used Cakeshop as a base...If I get one, I'll try and limit myself to Cakeshop.

LMD84

the more i see of social light the more i want it. it looks like a beautiful everyday shimmery lip gloss :)

aero

My local MAC counter got in testers for this collection and I was overjoyed to see them. I felt pretty good about myself when my wishlist was pretty dead on, but my wallet is not going to be happy haha.

From what I can remember:
-The fluidlines look GORGEOUS in person. I'm super excited about Dark Diversion.
-Lipsticks were very pretty...though I was disappointed that some were so sheer.

Gah, I wish I could remember more...

NonoX

Need to swatch in the store but from what I saw, my wish list:
-Stunner blush

-carbonized e/s

-mythical e/s

-creamy bisque e/s

-Lady grey quad

-avenue f/l

-dark envy f/l

and Oh oh oh & offshoot in B2M

singer82

Hey Lou, since we both are excited bout Mythical, I was looking in my stash and do you think its simular to Crown and Sceptre from the Reelers and Rockers quad?
Heres a pic...

xasperadastra

Need to swatch in the store but from what I saw, my wish list:
-Stunner blush

-carbonized e/s

-mythical e/s

-creamy bisque e/s

-Lady grey quad

-avenue f/l

-dark envy f/l

and Oh oh oh & offshoot in B2M
uhhhhh can you back to mac for limited editions lipstick in France??? and do mac stores accept depotted things? I should come and back to mac in france :p

mousygiggles

Stunner has me confused. I want it to be like a pinker Coralista minus the shimmer but I am so confused. The swatches all look so different for it.

LMD84

Hey Lou, since we both are excited bout Mythical, I was looking in my stash and do you think its simular to Crown and Sceptre from the Reelers and Rockers quad?
Heres a pic...
oh awesome! mythical looks pinker but the base colour is the same! i still wish i had gotten that palette!

NonoX

Yep, but only the one with the regular packaging... Wiht special packaging the one with the same price than the regular one...

BeckyBenett

After seeing all the swatches, I have made my final list. And it is a small one so I'm all happy =)

Oh, oh, oh l/s
Offshoot l/s
Social light l/g
Curvaceous l/g
226 brush

Haven

So is this collection already in the pro stores? I am going to be traveling near one tomorrow, and I may stop buy if I can pick up a few things.