MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

MACcrazy

I don't know what to do with the evil eye quad...in some swatches it's good...in other it's not... probably packing the color we can obtain good pigmentation

I feel the same, as I want to build up my darker colors for fall and would have loved to wear these. I'm gonna swatch @ mac and see if I feel its worth it with the pigmentation or if it's just too bad to be saved.

aradhana

hmmm not really into most of this collection...might pick up dark diversion and a couple of single shadows, but not super convinced of that even!
who knows, i might change my mind...i wasn't at all interested in semi precious, and ended up spending something like $200 bucks on it...!

liba

If you could only buy one single item from this collection, what would it be? For me it's Stunner!!
girlhaha.gif

Only one? That would be Runaway Red.
heat.gif

ladyarwen

Yeah, I've been expecting more and more swatches would help me in wanting to buy something but that's not the case. The more I see, the more I'm turned off. I'm not buying a thing. Not even the 226. Next collection, please.

I'll believe it when I see it girl. XDDDDD

shontay07108

[quote name="ladyarwen" url="/forum/thread/175976/mac-mac-me-over-discussion/1020#post_2152054"]

I'll believe it when I see it girl. XDDDDD
[/quote] :lol: I know, I know. I always manage to buy something, but I have successfully skipped Sheen Supreme and I see nothing here that I would want. I mean nothing. Don't jinx me. :getyou:

PinkBasset

Yeah, I've been expecting more and more swatches would help me in wanting to buy something but that's not the case. The more I see, the more I'm turned off. I'm not buying a thing. Not even the 226. Next collection, please.

Shontay, you know you'll end up buying something...or a whole lot!
girlhaha.gif

shontay07108

[quote name="PinkBasset" url="/forum/thread/175976/mac-mac-me-over-discussion/1020#post_2152062"]

I am, if it looks as good in person as in pictures! :)

Shontay, you know you'll end up buying something...or a whole lot! 
girlhaha.gif

[/quote] No! :lol: The chances I'll buy something, 20%. The chances I'll buy a lot, 0%. If I see this in person and it's as bad as these swatches we have, then forget about it. I'm excited about Style Driven, though.

shontay07108

Have you guys seen the swatches from The Shades of You? Here's the shadows and you can find the links to the other products from there: http://www.theshadesofu.com/2011/08/mac-me-over-lady-grey-quad-and-eye.html She makes the quad look a little better, but it still looks blah on the eye.

RayannaBanana

Hmm I don't know if I want Stunner now. I was hoping it would be more coral rather than pink. I need a few more swatches before I decide.

xasperadastra

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/08/mac-fall-2011-mac-basics-collection-swatches-photos-review/

now that I see how she swatches colors I know I don't want a quad so poor... but basic eyeshadows are beautiful!!!^^

singer82

After going back and forth this is my final list...

Ohohoh l/s
Mythical e/s
Dark Envy f/l
Cakeshop s/s
Street Cool s/s

Maybes:
Lady Grey Quad (still not completely sure if I want it enough to pay 38$)
Social Light l/g
Tundra s/s

Kawaiiamaiai

From seeing the swatches my list has grown. Sadly a bunch of things made it onto there without me noticing. So far my list looks like this.

Lady Grey Quad (still not sure I NEED this... we'll see when I swatch it myself)
Midnight Blues f/l
Dark Engy f/l
Social Light l/g
Oh Oh Oh l/s

That comes to just about $100. My credit card may run away screaming as soon as I pull it out if I do decide on all of those. We'll see... Dark Envy and Oh Oh Oh may have to be sacrificed.

jennifa

It looks like I'm only going to get Cakeshop (never had a shadestick before, so I'm super curious!!)

I am also kind of curious about the 226 crease brush everyone is talking about. What's so great about that brush anyway?

jennifa

Oh, and also Oh Oh Oh is looking very nice, but I'm going to have to play with it in store before I can make a pronouncement :)

tismama

same thing i was thinking! the description made it sound good i was hoping for a more coral shade but from each swatch i've seen it looks more pink & i have TONS of pink blushes

Hmm I don't know if I want Stunner now. I was hoping it would be more coral rather than pink. I need a few more swatches before I decide.

tismama

all i know is i want peachstock & that's probably going to be it. this collection is a let down for me. i was excited about it too

Latest posts