MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

m0rg3nst3rn

I don't know. I didn't compare them. Maybe I will do so Monday or today if I leave work early enough...I'll let you all know.

Adee

[quote name="PinkBasset" url="/forum/thread/175976/mac-mac-me-over-discussion/990#post_2151931"]If you could only buy one single item from this collection, what would it be? For me it's Stunner!!
girlhaha.gif

[/quote] Hmmm... I'm torn between midnight blues and lady grey... I think I'm leaning more towards midnight blues though. I don't have a really good blue fluidline yet!

LMD84

Yes, I think it looks great on her too. Probably wouldn't work on me but I'm still going to check it out next time I go to Mac.
I was comparing both banshee and french cuff in a video the other day and they are pretty similar... on me at least. the one that came out with all races, all sexes... etc! :)

Adee

[quote name="rockin" url="/forum/thread/175976/mac-mac-me-over-discussion/1020#post_2151987"]http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/08/mac-fall-2011-black-collection-swatches-photos-review/
[/quote] I was debating about getting the evil eye quad, but after these swatches... It's just disappointing! I do still want Lady Grey, Oh oh oh, dark envy, and midnight blues though.

Adee

[quote name="rockin" url="/forum/thread/175976/mac-mac-me-over-discussion/1020#post_2151989"]My Banshee is not at all plummy
[/quote] Banshee on me is a pink-toned brown with lots of glittery goodness!

Icecaramellatte

My Banshee is not at all plummy

Wow! This is really interesting. But maybe it's skintone that is accounting for the difference. I just swatched them again and Banshee has a plummy undertone and French Cuff is coppery. I didn't get Banshee from the All Races, All Sexes Collection since I already had it. But I doubt that is the cause of the difference. I think I would have noticed if it was different when that collection came out. Well, I'll look out for the video when you post it. BTW - I love
heart.gif
your videos Lou. Especially the storage one.

xasperadastra

I don't know what to do with the evil eye quad...in some swatches it's good...in other it's not... probably packing the color we can obtain good pigmentation

PinkBasset

I was debating about getting the evil eye quad, but after these swatches... It's just disappointing! I do still want Lady Grey, Oh oh oh, dark envy, and midnight blues though.

I think the review on vampy varnish sealed it in for me, I'm skipping Evil Eye quad. I don't need patchy or chalky unpigmented shadows.

Piarpreet

Somehow I feel too lazy to like anything from this collex after semi-precious.

I really want to see people uploading swatches here in specktra, but i guess by then they'd be sold out.

Mac-Guy

Somehow I feel too lazy to like anything from this collex after semi-precious.

I really want to see people uploading swatches here in specktra, but i guess by then they'd be sold out.

I thought you would be all over the dark lippies... :)

LMD84

Wow! This is really interesting. But maybe it's skintone that is accounting for the difference. I just swatched them again and Banshee has a plummy undertone and French Cuff is coppery. I didn't get Banshee from the All Races, All Sexes Collection since I already had it. But I doubt that is the cause of the difference. I think I would have noticed if it was different when that collection came out. Well, I'll look out for the video when you post it. BTW - I love
heart.gif
your videos Lou. Especially the storage one.
yeah i guess it is to do with skin tones and such! or perhaps the newer version of the shadow looked different to the older one? And thank you so much for the compliment on the videos! I am so happy that everybody seems to like them :) the channel may not have thousands of subscribers but i am sure as heck proud of all the subbies we do have and so thankful to anybody who watches :)

m0rg3nst3rn

Well, would you wear the colors?
If she will actually wear them then...maybe it'd be worth it? Honestly there are similar colors out there that you don't have to layer like that, that's just my opinion though. I really wanted to love that quad because i liked the name and love dark colors, I was disappointed but at least it saves me money.

shontay07108

Yeah, I've been expecting more and more swatches would help me in wanting to buy something but that's not the case. The more I see, the more I'm turned off. I'm not buying a thing. Not even the 226. Next collection, please.

Latest posts