MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

Haven

After seeing the swatches, thank you RedVelvetX, my list has changed to:

Mythical
Carbonized (if different enough from Darkhorse)
Both quads (as long as the pigmentation is there)
Seaside
Take root
Oh oh oh

kimibos

those swatches are beautiful, i hope temptalias look like that. ill be getting.
moleskin
outre
mythical
carbonized
new black quad

stunner
maybe :equilibrium

offshoot
oh oh oh
runaway red
rebel
maybe:prince noir and
plum fun to go with it.

quiet time.

nazih09

I was only going to get the 226 and runway red but after seeing these new swatches...my list has grown.

New list:
runway red
offshoot
stunner
equilibrium (maybe)
carbonized
moleskin

ahhh this is not good!

m0rg3nst3rn

I took the photos of the comparison swatches but won't be able to post them until until I get home which is about 7:30-8pm pacific time. You will see in the swatches but there are difference between carbonized and dark horse, I was however surprised that creamy bisque is pretty much virgin from the naked palette...I will post the pics as soon as I get home and this time they are in natural light!

Mac-Guy

I'm glad to hear that Carbonized is different from Dark Horse. Yeah :))) Thanks for your swatch-efforts.

alexandrapalaci

I have the 226 but might buy a back-up since i dont know if it will be repromoted again and a couple of eyeshadows. I have had my 226 for a year and its in very good condition, i use it at least every other day... I am liking the quads as well..

ROlean

@ m0rg3nst3rn - Would it be possible for you to post pics of the Evil Eye quad foiled? Black based shadows can look pretty stunning that way i.e. NARS Night collection.

m0rg3nst3rn

@ m0rg3nst3rn - Would it be possible for you to post pics of the Evil Eye quad foiled? Black based shadows can look pretty stunning that way i.e. NARS Night collection.
I already went to the store and am back at work. I don't think I will have the chance to go after work either...sorry, maybe next week...

Edelmc

I thought I would be good and only get a couple of things from this collection but after seeing swatches my list has grown.... Both quads The three new fluidlines depending on how they look in real life and compare to existing shades Stunner blush Heirloom shade stick Runway red lipstick Oh oh oh lipstick (maybe) 226 brush

PinkBasset

Here's my list:

- Stunner!! I can't get over its beauty!
- Equilibrium
- Fatigues
- Curvaceous
- Good Times
- Street Cool
- B2M Offshoot
- B2M Runaway Red

Maybe:

- Mythical
- Carbonized
- Outre if it's not too close to Ochre Style or the camel shade from Leopard Luxe quad
- Moleskin if it's not too close to Wedge, Cork, Omega etc.
- Tundra
- Quiet Time if the texture is good for such a light colour
- Lady Grey quad
- Evil Eye quad

elegant-one

My list as of now

moleskin
outre
carbonized
avenue
street cool
stunner!!!!!!!
seaside
take root
secret lover
offshoot
oh oh oh

elegant-one

hmmm, were offshoot & oh oh oh labeling reversed in those swatches??? Or is that right. It just looks so different than the tube shot

tismama

im a blush addict & im rather disappointed in the blushes. i dont like either of them. & the cream color bases look so frosty! seaside seemed like it would be great from the description but it looks different than i expected....ehhh
i know i'm getting peachstock! my wallet will be happy

Mac-Guy

im a blush addict & im rather disappointed in the blushes. i dont like either of them. & the cream color bases look so frosty! seaside seemed like it would be great from the description but it looks different than i expected....ehhh
Too frosty for my taste, too.

Nicala

Me too! Super disappointed with the CCBs.

m0rg3nst3rn

Sorry it took me so long with the swatches. I had to attend to my daughter because of course she comes first. Anyway, without further ado here are some more swatches for you guys.
I must warn...for the quads, I used a primer and the 214 brush and layered the shadows 2-3 times to achieve the color, they only color that swatched well the first time from the quads was hazy day...

LiLBeautyBarbie

Thanks for the swatches! I definitely have to look into the evil eye quad, it looks gorgeous. Crap! my list has grown drastically!

ROlean

Ahh... Sorry bout the belated request, I should have read the previous post. Anyhow thanks for the swatches, your time and effort are much appreciated.
thmbup.gif

I think I'll have to pass on Evil Eye most likely, but Lady Grey shall be mine.

Latest posts