MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

sss215

iagree.gif

It's a wonderful, powerful look. I can't wait to get into my Fall lip colours again.

For those who are wondering about Smoked Purple:

1. Don't forget it's a Pro item, so it's always available. (You can order by phone if you aren't near a Pro store.)

2. I saw the new NARS collection today and the new Velvet Matte Lip Pencil they have included (which is becoming permanent) is exactly like Smoked Purple. It's more expensive, but the formula is smoother...
I was thinking the Nars Lip pencil was a little brighter. Still deep like Smoked Purple, but brighter. I am going to see about getting the pencil, cause there is something very unique about it.

commandolando

Have you seen Sephora by OPI - Caught With My Khakis Down? I bought it about a month ago and have been loving it! seems like a dupe to me.
I actually like the military color as it seems to go so well with all the khaki e/s that are coming out for the Fall.

singer82

Oh my her quote... "I used it under Hocus Pocus eyeshadow from the Bloggers' Obsessions collection, and it gave a new, light-reflecting pewter-taupe dimension to the eye look. Gorgeous!"
Has secured Cakeshop on my list. It almost looks like a cream version of Dalliance from Peacocky. Tundra is looking nice too

http://www.theshadesofu.com/2011/08/mac-me-over-fluidline-and-shadestick.html#more

fluidline and shadestick from the shades of you ^^^^^^^ I hope she posts more soon and she has something we havn't already seen from bloggers!

singer82

Thanks for the swatches M0rg3nst3rn . You Rock!
th_hug.gif

Anyone think that Stunner looks like the peach part of MissBehave from Quite Cute? I hope so cause I really need to cut my list down.

LMD84

I was just thinking the same thing. Something was familiar so I just went through my stash and was thinking it looked similar to Cut to Fit and Brash from the Spiced Chocolate quad. But this was before I saw the last swatch posted so now I'm thinking Bold & Brazen, Mythology and French Cuff. Yes, I'm sorry to say I bought French Cuff even though my fellow Spectra-ites said not to buy it. Everyone was so right about the finish but I thought I could make it work. I just loved the color. Maybe this would be a good substitute.
oh lordy! in one of my videos for the specktra youtube i warn everybody off that shadow too! french cuff sucks even though it loos beutiful in the pan :(

Sequinzombie

Hmmm I don't feel like I want much from this anymore. I think i'm just get runaway red and two 226 brushes. Slightly offtopic but aren't there rumors Queens sin is being repromoted?

Anna x

please swatch carbonized with darkhorse!i have darkhorse so it would be great to knowif carbonized is similar :)

LMD84

Hmmm I don't feel like I want much from this anymore. I think i'm just get runaway red and two 226 brushes. Slightly offtopic but aren't there rumors Queens sin is being repromoted?
well it was said that it should have been released last yr with the disney collection. and somebody has whispered that it could come out this year but nothing has been mentioned for quite some time sadly :(

ROlean

Thanks for the swatches M0rg3nst3rn . You Rock!
th_hug.gif

Anyone think that Stunner looks like the peach part of MissBehave from Quite Cute? I hope so cause I really need to cut my list down.
That's exactly what I was thinking as well. I'm a bit disappointed with the blushes from this collection. The only items that look appealing to me at this point are the 226, Runway Red and Prince Noir, though Secret Lover may be the dark horse of the collection. The less I want the better though, as Semi Precious broke the bank account
cry.gif

ROlean

http://www.theshadesofu.com/2011/08/mac-me-over-lady-grey-quad-and-eye.html

I love how Tendersmoke and Hazy Day look but I couldn't justify buying a quad just for two colors. :(

I agree, Tendersmoke is really the only color I would want from the quad. The MAC site has another pallet out though called Packed To Go: 6 Cool Smokey Eye Shadows, and it has Satin Taupe, A Brown Suit, Beauty Marked, Carbon, Tendersmoke and Seedy Pearl. All classic colors so I think I shall order that one instead.

*edit* WOW, I just looked at the swatches from the site you posted. The quad looks so much better here than other swatches I've seen. I originally thought Hazy Day looked too similar to Satin Taupe, but now I see the difference, and All Races is darker than I had thought. Hmm... think I just might get this quad after all. Thanks for the Post.

hoshiakari_

No problem! Just wanting to be helpful. :)
Hm... looking again at the swatches, I'm really starting to like Lady Grey, even if I have Swell Baby.
I'm still not too sold on All Races... I don't know how I'd use it.
th_dunno.gif

I agree, Tendersmoke is really the only color I would want from the quad. The MAC site has another pallet out though called Packed To Go: 6 Cool Smokey Eye Shadows, and it has Satin Taupe, A Brown Suit, Beauty Marked, Carbon, Tendersmoke and Seedy Pearl. All classic colors so I think I shall order that one instead.

*edit* WOW, I just looked at the swatches from the site you posted. The quad looks so much better here than other swatches I've seen. I originally thought Hazy Day looked too similar to Satin Taupe, but now I see the difference, and All Races is darker than I had thought. Hmm... think I just might get this quad after all. Thanks for the Post.

@Mac-Guy
Great avatar! :D
Hm... I'd have to say in between.
girlhaha.gif

RayannaBanana

I kind of like the looks like creamy bisque. I took Dark Diversion of my list since I already have it but I like it so much I keep thinking I need another one. I thought Stunner was more coral, still pretty though!