MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

xasperadastra

dude...those are almost my "orders" exactly! LOL! I did one order for the eyeshadows as soon as they popped on the site. Then I did an order for Stunner blush. and THEN I ordered Prince Noir & Nightmoth liner as soon as it popped up! CRAZINESS.
I also made a order from Nordies for the 226 brush... >_>
yea...this is a problem
let me know if Prince noir + Nightmoth is a good match!!! I was thinking about Prince noir+Currant !

Honey B Sugar

You guys are awesome :)
I was hesitant about placing my order because I'm impatient and wanted to try a store.. but with the 2day code I placed one right away.

Thanks everyone :)

Nika

Quote:
Have any of the items sold out yet?

Only Midnight Blues fluidline at a PRO store was sold out - they really didn't get much in in advance supply, and the guy told me they also wouldn't be getting in any MORE supplies either.

Nika

I'm surprised so many people (other than PRO members) are just agreeing to pay for shipping charges. Every time you speak to an online representative in the chat box thingy they will always give you a free shipping code. So if you're worried about paying for shipping, just ask some random product question about the upcoming/current collection to the salesperson on the other side and they'll give you a free shipping code at the end of the conversation. Make sure you DON'T close the box until they do it, because sometimes it pops up quite a long time after you think the conversation is done.

luvlydee

I'm surprised so many people (other than PRO members) are just agreeing to pay for shipping charges. Every time you speak to an online representative in the chat box thingy they will always give you a free shipping code. So if you're worried about paying for shipping, just ask some random product question about the upcoming/current collection to the salesperson on the other side and they'll give you a free shipping code at the end of the conversation. Make sure you DON'T close the box until they do it, because sometimes it pops up quite a long time after you think the conversation is done.

i do this all the time lmao. i just ask the most random questions lol

Kawaiiamaiai

Just a random question -- has anyone seen any comparison swatches of Shade fluidline and Dark Envy fluidline?

I'm on the fence about getting Dark Envy since, at least online, it looks almost identical to Shade.

Swirlgirl

Is your Shade f/l still useable?? I have purchased that color two or three times over the years (I think it is discontinued now) and it always dried out like no other fluideline (or gel e/l) I've ever used.
That said, just from memory (and not having Dark Envy in hand yet), Dark Envy looks to be lighter, brighter and less blackened than Shade.

Winthrop44

amuse.gif

Did you get anything?

I got the 211. I may look at the fluidlines on Thurs if I can fit it in between hurricane prep! What about you?

HebrideanSprite

I really hope the fluidlines don't sell out before the Midnight Blue f/l is added to the Canadian site. I hate having to wait with the stupid mocking Coming Soon when everything else for this section of the collection was released. *grr*

Nika

I really hope the fluidlines don't sell out before the Midnight Blue f/l is added to the Canadian site. I hate having to wait with the stupid mocking Coming Soon when everything else for this section of the collection was released. *grr*

Me too. I'm having flashbacks to the Jealousy Wakes fiasco just a month or so ago. Gah.

EngineerBarbie

I picked up three of the fluidlines (Dark Envy, Midnight Blues, Avenue) and the Deep Sea (is that the name?) polish. The fluidlines have more of a flat finish when I use them as eye shadow bases than my MUFE aqua creams. So yeah, I caved.

princess sarah

This is crazy... im over here in Aus and i have an order pending to be placed for a 226 and a 211 and now IM PANICING IM GOING TO MISS OUT!!

ARRGGGHHHH the suspense is killing me!! wish that releases were done worldwide at the same time... grrr!!!

elegant-one

I got the 211. I may look at the fluidlines on Thurs if I can fit it in between hurricane prep! What about you?
OHNO on the hurricane - please be safe! And thanks a lot for the earthquake today
girlhaha.gif

So far I ordered:
Stunner Blush
Avenue liner
Carbonized
Moleskin
Runaway red ls
Take Root
greengrin.gif

I want to see the rest in person.

Kawaiiamaiai

That said, just from memory (and not having Dark Envy in hand yet), Dark Envy looks to be lighter, brighter and less blackened than Shade.

My pot of Shade is useable :) It's always been a tad drier than my other colors, but it's still fine. It may have something to do with the fact that I have the lid on so tight I can barely get it off most times.

I noticed it looks a bit lighter, but I'm thinking that if it's only a subtle difference it may not translate once on. I guess my pot will be going with me to MAC on Thursday.