MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

singer82

Cmon MAC! I dont want to make a bunch of orders from different websites. I cant believe the 226 isnt even up under coming soon.

XxMoOmOoxX

Cmon MAC! I dont want to make a bunch of orders from different websites. I cant believe the 226 isnt even up under coming soon.

I called my Mac counter and they're holding the Mac 226 brush for me. I'm picking it up on Thursday.

I suggest calling your nearest Mac counter to have them hold it for you because it'll sell out real quick when it's released on the Mac site.

Mac-Guy

OHNO on the hurricane - please be safe! And thanks a lot for the earthquake today
girlhaha.gif

So far I ordered:
Stunner Blush
Avenue liner
Carbonized
Moleskin
Runaway red ls
Take Root
greengrin.gif

I want to see the rest in person.

Are you skipping Seaside?

Swirlgirl

My pot of Shade is useable :) It's always been a tad drier than my other colors, but it's still fine. It may have something to do with the fact that I have the lid on so tight I can barely get it off most times.

I noticed it looks a bit lighter, but I'm thinking that if it's only a subtle difference it may not translate once on. I guess my pot will be going with me to MAC on Thursday.
I hope that Dark Envy and Shade are similar. I love that type of color. So envious you have a Shade that is workable! I love MAC fluidlines - I was on a pencil e/l or a no e/l kick for most of the summer, but the last couple of weeks I have been back to liquid liner (love the new UD liquid liners) and gel liners. I just love the crisp sharp definition. I'm excited to try the new 211 brush too. It sounds great.

I can't wait to get my goodies from this collection....this collection is so up my alley.

shontay07108

I was watching this video and the woman got the 226 brush from the Mac Me Over collection. Her 226 brush does not look like the ones from the Colour Craft collection. Her 226 brush look less tapered. I hope Mac didn't change the shape of the brush for this collection. =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9SwYHhAwPk
:lol: Wow. I don't know what happened to her 226. I bought mine with colour craft and it's very tapered. I hope, for their sake, Mac didn't change the shape of it without warning. Outre is not looking promising based on this video, but I will hold out hope since I should be receiving it tomorrow. This woman is darker than me and it blends into her skin, so it should be more noticeable on me. Soba is the one shadow that blends right into my skin(if you ignore the slight shimmer). I really hope I don't regret buying it or Creamy Bisque.

Honey B Sugar

Just ordered Lady Grey palette (finally) once it wasn't "coming soon" anymore on the mac website.

So far I've purchased:

Lady Grey Palette
Stunner Blush
Plum Fun Lipglass
Social Light Lipglass
Runaway Red lipstick
Oh, Oh, Oh lipstick
Secret Lover lipstick

I think everything else I'm going to have to see in the store.

m0rg3nst3rn

Outre is not looking promising based on this video, but I will hold out hope since I should be receiving it tomorrow. This woman is darker than me and it blends into her skin, so it should be more noticeable on me. Soba is the one shadow that blends right into my skin(if you ignore the slight shimmer). I really hope I don't regret buying it or Creamy Bisque.

I remember it being really tapered when I checked the display. When I go and pick up my pre-sale I am gonna double check because it it isn't really tapered then I don't want it I mean, that's what my 224 is for, lol.

mochabean

Just received my little black box earlier today. I bought stunner blush, outré e/s, carbonized e/s. My thoughts: Stunner blush is pretty. But I have to really pack on the color for it to show up on my cheeks. I'm normally an NC42, but am darker b/c of summer. But when I do pack it on, it gives me a really nice subtle flush/glow. I like it b/c I don't have anything like it. I normally gravitate towards really pigmented blushes. But is it a must have? Not for us darker skin tones.....I think it's Better for the lighter skin tones. Outré e/s- disappointed in this. It does not show up as a mustard brown on my skin. It disappears into my skin and not the color I thought it would be.....I'll probably swap this one out. Carbonized e/s- this one is really pretty, but nothing I don't already own myself. I tried to convince myself that I needed this eyeshadow. I swatched it next to Nars Mekong, and I think they are both similar colors, with Mekong being more vibrant and having glitter. Carbonized is pretty if you already don't have a color like it, but it is not a must-have.....so many other colors out there similar to it out there. I already own the 226 brush from Colour Craft and it's a great brush to own. but like others have said, it looks like they changed the brush shape a bit. Mine is much more tapered and the new one out with this collection is not. I'll be going to my local counter on Thurs to swatch Lady Grey quad....if the pigmentation is there, I will buy it. but so far this collection has been a let down. Kind of disappointed. and sorry, I would put up some swatches of some photos but my camera just died! So I wrote a small review instead.

ahhhttack

Wow. Maybe this is why it isn't on the site yet, some kind of production issue??? I really do not even want another one if they're like THAT now. Ugh, MAC.

I was watching this video and the woman got the 226 brush from the Mac Me Over collection. Her 226 brush does not look like the ones from the Colour Craft collection. Her 226 brush look less tapered. I hope Mac didn't change the shape of the brush for this collection. =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9SwYHhAwPk

ladyarwen

I just got the shipping confirmation email for my second order I made early this morning with the second day shipping code. I've yet to get a shipping email for my first order. XD

aradhana

i think the whole thing of segmenting the release day by day doesn't make much sense when mac has already been releasing info to various bloggers and other media for the past couple of months...! the only thing i felt was really new were the face charts...if they wanted to make it really suspenseful, they ought to have only released the 'before' pics of the 6 models in advance!