MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

SatelliteDrmr

Well, My FS store is holding 2 226s for me for tomorrow. I hope they're the same as previous years. My counters are pretending that they don't know if they're going to have it or not "We won't know until the collection is released". MAC is so inconsistent around here. I'd prefer to go to a counter, as I have to pay for parking at the store, but anyway..

I did a live chat a few minutes ago, and they are also very vague about the 226.

Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Sara. How may I assist you?
Janice: Hello! I'm hoping you can offer some guidance regarding the 226 brush, that is supposed to be released with MAC Me Over...
Janice: I understand that it is still coming, and my local store is holding it for me, but I've heard that it is a slightly different shape than in previous releases. It's not as tapered?
Sara: Hi Janice!
Sara: I'll be with you in just a moment.
Sara: The #226 is a smaller version of the #224. It's not less tapered, just smaller overall. It's great for more detailed blending or for smaller eyes. This is limited edition and I have to say it's a great brush--always sells out.
Janice: Is it the same as the 226 that was released with Blonde/Brunette/Redhead, and Colour Craft? I found those ones to be tapered more than the 224.
Sara: Yes, same brush.
Sara: I would like to offer complimentary Standard shipping with your next MAC Cosmetics Online purchase. Please enter the one-time use offer code CS109LIVECHAT during the checkout process.
Janice: Thanks for your time.
--------------------------
So, I guess I'll go to the store and check them out before purchasing. There's this month's live chat shipping code for anyone that needs it. For some reason, those codes never work for me, but they do for everyone else.

shannnybannny

Temptalia just talked to MAC she said this: " MAC told me 226 is LE, in-store only, shape has "not changed but since brushes are handmade they do vary in shape." '

SatelliteDrmr

I just called the 800 number in Canada. She said that they will not be receiving the 226 brush for their website, because of delivery problems. I inquired about the stores, and she said that "their inventory may be different, contact them directly".

Honestly, the 800 number and live chat seem to just tell you what they feel like telling you. It's always a different story. Temptalia just tweeted the following: @Temptalia MAC told me 226 is LE, in-store only, shape has "not changed but since brushes are handmade they do vary in shape."

I will go to the store tomorrow, and if they have more than the 2 they're holding for me, I will select each one individually.

Good times..

Piarpreet

Temptalia: "Just a quickie post, because I’ve had a few dozen emails and tweets about it. I emailed MAC corporate this morning, and I have been told that the 226 will be in-store only due to limited quantities. I asked if the shape had changed, and they said the shape has not been changed but “since the brushes are handmade they do vary in shape.”"

ClassicBeauty

oh dear so we have to go to store to pick it up.. aah darn.. I spoke to the lady from the site yesterday an she told me it will be on thier site... I guess she lied oh well.. I dont understand mac at times..

anywayzzzz Thanks for the update :)

YODEE

Hi all,
I'm a first time poster but have been lurking for a while. Since u have such great information here, I thought I would add for anyone who isn't able to make it in-store, I just ordered the brush from Nordstrom online and used coupon code beauty for $5 shipping. :)

Mac-Guy

Temptalia: "Just a quickie post, because I’ve had a few dozen emails and tweets about it. I emailed MAC corporate this morning, and I have been told that the 226 will be in-store only due to limited quantities. I asked if the shape had changed, and they said the shape has not been changed but “since the brushes are handmade they do vary in shape.”"

How odd that it is available in store only....

XxMoOmOoxX

I think Mac puts out too many collections in one year and the company just can't keep up. I think the 226 brush was delayed and had distribution problems because they had too many projects at hand and couldn't keep up with all these collections releasing month after month. Since the 226 is hand made and they have a tight deadline, I think alot of the 226 are going to have quality issues since they are rushing to get them released. =/

Bottom Line: Mac should just release a few AWESOME collections a year, and not mediocre collections one after the next.
nonono.gif

I love Mac and I have alot of products from their permanent collection, but I rarely pick up anything from their limited edition collections.

OctoberViolet

th_770016001157748873-final.gif

Hi all,
I'm a first time poster but have been lurking for a while. Since u have such great information here, I thought I would add for anyone who isn't able to make it in-store, I just ordered the brush from Nordstrom online and used coupon code beauty for $5 shipping. :)

UrbanSweetheart

WOW! Thank goodness I stopped waiting for mac's site to put it up, and just ordered it form Nordies..sheesh!
Also, it would've been GREAT if they would've released this statement before the collection was even released online so that others like myself wouldn't have been waiting for the site to stock the brush.
Mac...let's do better. Please.

ladyarwen

I went ahead and ordered the 226 from Nordie's since I had been meaning to buy Armani's Eyes to Kill shadow in #12, so with both of those I was able to get $5. Yay!

Mac-Guy

What is so odd is the fact that it is available online at Nordies but not on the MAC Site?!

I don't think there were any production issues as my store (and others) had plenty in stock last week as the merchandise arrived early. Maybe it's just MAC's way of creating a hype by making a product extra special and hard to get. At least, ebay sellers won't be able to buy huge quantities, or at least it will be more difficult in store.

Anyway, if you want one, you should probably go to the store tomorrow as soon as they open.

Notorious19

This whole online only thing made me glad that I just went with my gut and ordered from Nordstroms. I actually did in store pick up and got my 226 in my hand on Monday so I'm pretty sure counters have them already...

dancepig

Well, this is just so wrong in so many ways. I was on the chat with MAC about the 226 brush, I asked when it would be available for purchase online. The response was "apologize for any inconvenience with the delay of the brush launch. I would just keep checking back Online, and also register Online for email updates. I wish I had an exact launch time for you, but I don't know at this point either." I am a pro member and would like to get a discount, but looks like I'll just purchase a brush made by Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy or NARS. At least I know I can get one, and I know it won't be made in China! I already have the Trish McEvoy brush - it's very nice.