MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

elegant-one

Why make limited quantities of an obviously very popular brush?? Geeze.

I was just thinking the same thing! It's a BRUSH mac
sigh.gif
an everyday useable brush, so why is it not perm??? Another stupid idea

I just bought the Chanel brush like this & it is lovely.

UrbanSweetheart

This whole online only thing made me glad that I just went with my gut and ordered from Nordstroms. I actually did in store pick up and got my 226 in my hand on Monday so I'm pretty sure counters have them already...
I did the "in store pick up" too, so I'll be picking mine up today ^_^

SubwayDreaming

Why is there so much drama with MAC releases? Is it one or more of the following?

1. As an organization, they are disorganized or for some other reason unable to produce and distribute enough product in a timely manner.
  2. They intentionally create plot complications and make items hard to get in order to boost buzz about the company.
  3. With the internet, twitter, etc. us consumers know too much in advance and we get our hopes up and have high expectations.
  4. Other reasons??

Prettypackages

which Chanel

Well, this is just so wrong in so many ways. I was on the chat with MAC about the 226 brush, I asked when it would be available for purchase online. The response was "apologize for any inconvenience with the delay of the brush launch. I would just keep checking back Online, and also register Online for email updates. I wish I had an exact launch time for you, but I don't know at this point either." I am a pro member and would like to get a discount, but looks like I'll just purchase a brush made by Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy or NARS. At least I know I can get one, and I know it won't be made in China! I already have the Trish McEvoy brush - it's very nice.

Mac-Guy

Why wouldn't you get the discount? Of course you will get the discount, they just need to pull up your file. Just tell them your digits.... you won't get free shipping though.

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one
I was just thinking the same thing! It's a BRUSH mac
sigh.gif
an everyday useable brush, so why is it not perm??? Another stupid idea

I just bought the Chanel brush like this & it is lovely.

And if you have to add the $5 or $8 Nordies shipping on to the $24.50 for the 226 you can get the Chanel #3 brush for cheaper overall ($28 for just the brush) from Neiman Marcus using their free shipping code.

redlily

I just went ahead and purchased my 266 brushes from Nordies, I figure if I do not like them that I can return them. Also I got a little panicky when I saw that it was no longer available for "pick up' as it was available yesterday. ...I was going to add a Burberry Beauty item with it but I wanted to hurry and hit "submit".

HebrideanSprite

Any Canadians waiting for the Midnight Blues Fluidline to come to the Canadian Mac website- it is not going to show up. Supposably they aren't going to be receiving it. I just called the warehouse and that's what they told me. They also hinted that not all of the counters/stores will receive Midnight Blues either. *grr* So stupid, the americans got it fine!

berryjuicy

Starting to not care so much about this brush. Don't you have to spend $50 on Nordstroms to qualify for $5 shipping? This is ridiculous.

Nika

Any Canadians waiting for the Midnight Blues Fluidline to come to the Canadian Mac website- it is not going to show up. Supposably they aren't going to be receiving it. I just called the warehouse and that's what they told me. They also hinted that not all of the counters/stores will receive Midnight Blues either. *grr* So stupid, the americans got it fine!
I'm new here so I have no idea if swearing is allowed on this board... but I'm pretty sure all the Canadians are going to say this with me now:

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"

Looks like I'm going to be out on a vicious manhunt tomorrow - I will find you Midnight Blues... if I have to go through every mac counter and store in this city... I will find you!

Mac-Guy

Yes you do, just call a freelance store or pro store but shipping will be $8
It might even be cheaper if you just order one or two pieces. Last time, I paid 7 bucks.

Piarpreet, just keep your Pro digits at hand. Usually, they will ask you if you have a Pro card when you call.

Anneri

Lovely specktrettes, what do you think: Lady Grey Quad, yay or nay? I'm NC 20 with brown-green eyes and I'm really not sure whether it would suit me or not.

Also, is Offshoot similar to Mehr?

Nika

Okay, I'm in Toronto and I just called one of the larger free standing MAC stores here and she double checked their quantity of Midnight Blues that they have in stock ready to sell for tomorrow... she said there was so many of them that there really wasn't a need for her to put a hold on it. So that's something at least. And thankfully, I work within walking distance of that place (less than 5 minutes away) AND there's two other mac counters close by in case they actually do sell out that quickly.

peachsuns

Lovely specktrettes, what do you think: Lady Grey Quad, yay or nay? I'm NC 20 with brown-green eyes and I'm really not sure whether it would suit me or not.

Also, is Offshoot similar to Mehr?

I compared the two at karlasugar. Mehr looked pinker.

Does anyone know a permanent brush from any brand which is similar to MAC 226?

ansimi

Every Fluidline I've ever bought was made in Canada! They seem to have some serious issues with their operations these days.

Piarpreet

They wont do it, plus i called MAC corporate and they told me they cant cos its policy.

Why wouldn't you get the discount? Of course you will get the discount, they just need to pull up your file. Just tell them your digits.... you won't get free shipping though.