MAC - Makeup Art Cosmetics Discussion

MAC_Whore

When you launch a collection that shares the name of your company, you know it has be amazing. As such, I have high hopes after hearing the prelim info on this one:

This is a 3 part collaboration collection. The collaborators are: painter Richard Phillips, illustrator Maira Kalman and photog Marilyn Minter.

+ Richard did the lipsticks, lipglass and 3 eye palettes (1 blue/green, 1 pink/plum and 1 earthy neutrals).

+ Maira did 6 bright eye shadows and 4 new bright Technakohls (including a lime and magenta!)

+ Marilyn did 4 pigments (2 new 2 repromotes) and new glitters. Of the 4 glitters, 2 are new reflects glitters. All 4 glitters will be perm in stores, but LE counters. There is also said to be a gloss texture product in Marilyn's part of the collection.

Quad and bright shadow fans alike, I can hear you jumping up and down right now. Sound off, people! What do you think?

sherby2722

I love the sound of everthing in this collection!Really excited about the quads and pigments cant w8 to c pics!!
mac_addict.gif

Kayraphat

According to Rose Sheet:

QUADS:
Skintone, Private Viewing, and Photo Realism Quads

PIGMENTS AND GLITTERS:
-Reflects Copper and Reflects Rust Glitters
-Cocomotion (dirty gold bronze with gold pearl), Brash & Bold (Bright Magenta) and Heritage Rouge (dirty brown plum) Pigments

LIPPIES:
-Front Lit (light white yellow), High Strung (deep pink silver) and Hold the Pose (brown plum with pearl) lipsticks
-Young Thing (yellow neutral with gold pearl) to On Display (purple with yellow pearl).

TECHNAKOHLS:
Color Matters (bright lime)
Obviously Orange (dirty coral)
Artistic License (bright turquoise blue)
Full of Fuchsia (deep blue magenta)
Graphblack (rich graphic black).

EYESHADOWS:
(rich yellow) Crest the Wave,
(light turquoise blue) Haunting
(deep blue purple) Violet Trace
//it will be 3 more eyeshadows//

MAC_Fafinette14

Just Violet Trance for me so far. Unless the quads are really stunning, but I can't afford the quads, I don't have much cash to spend this fall. (I'm praying either for divine intervention or for the quads to be really underwhelming.)

Rinstar

Ummm.... I just passed out I think.

LIME technakohl!!!!!!!
I'll be getting all of the Technakohls, All of the e/s, Front Lit, On Display, and probably ALL of the quads.

Must. Save. Money.

MzzRach

I will be very keen to see photos and swatches of the quads. MAC Fall quads? Sign me up.

MAC_Whore

I wonder, is that Violet Trace as it's listed or Violet Trance? Hasn't that been released before? I'm drawing a blank.

Crest the Wave is a repro from the the Naughty Nauticals Stowaway quad and Haunting is a Repro from McQueen.

Are those working names?

Kayraphat

I have no idea. It is posted somewhere at Early Buzz topic. And I am also excited for crest the wave!

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I wonder, is that Violet Trace as it's listed or Violet Trance? Hasn't that been released before? I'm drawing a blank.

Wallet wants it to be the Pandamonium quad Violet Trance because then I have one less thing to buy.
lol.gif

II3rinII

ahem... i heard thru a very solid grapevine that the shadows are indeed haunting (the mcqueen repromote),violet traNce not trace (another repromote), crest the wave (n.n. repromote) and then purple shower (repromote), the other 2 are new shades. im loking forward to update so i can see for myself!!

Face2Mac

I hope Cocomotion is reforumulated because that thing is glittery(meaning it has chunky sparkles that fall on face and spread on eye). I can't wear it in the day without putting something else over it.

Violet Trance hope is also formulated because I love the color my mine is hard to pay-off from.

I was not buying MAC after Colour Craft but now I can't.
I can't quit you.

makeba

i want some more pigments! i have cocomotion but i want the other ones provided that i like em!

LMD84

new reflects glitters will be amazing! i'm a big fan of the mac glitters
smiles.gif

i've already ranted about how i can't wait for the quads! and a lime liner should be awesome!

MissResha

being the pig/glit "pigglit" (ha) whore that i am, i have to have all of those

i have a few of those shadows already so i'll probably get the others. On Display sounds gorgeous.

im very intersted

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Wallet wants it to be the Pandamonium quad Violet Trance because then I have one less thing to buy.
lol.gif

i have that quad and i will definately be getting this shadow in solo form!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
being the pig/glit "pigglit" (ha) whore

th_LMAO.gif
that is the cutest new word! i may steal that word as i too am a pigglit whore!:cute:

panther27

Hell yess,this is the news I have been waiting for
choochoo.gif
Yayyyyy,holy shit,quads,bright shadows,bright technakohls,
th_DANCE.gif